I need an honest answer...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

I need an honest answer...

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

About the new shipping option(first class).
Will this create a new advantage for the players that can afford it against those that cannot? I really need to know since I am a SIM money poor player. I would use this new feature on a few of my good horses IF we could use it per horse. If not, I don’t know what to do IF this feature is a new advantage. I might just quit the game after my best STATISTICAL year ever. :(
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: I need an honest answer...

Post by The Steward »

It does not make your horses run faster.

It does not give them any better luck in races.

It does not reveal what they need (equipment) or give them an actual, numerical boost in any way.

It DOES make it so they can ship from Point A to Point B without accumulating tiredness, but without removing tiredness already added from a race. So if a race makes you 15 tired, and a ship makes you 4 tired, the horse would be only 15 tired, not 19 tired, after arriving at their destination.

That's as honest as it can get!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lance Macisaac
Miler

Post by Lance Macisaac »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago It does not make your horses run faster.

It does not reveal what they need (equipment) or give them an actual, numerical boost in any way.

It DOES make it so they can ship from Point A to Point B without accumulating tiredness, but without removing tiredness already added from a race. So if a race makes you 15 tired, and a ship makes you 4 tired, the horse would be only 15 tired, not 19 tired, after arriving at their destination.

Shipping makes horses 4 tired confirmed. Secrets to rest unlocked.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago It does not make your horses run faster.

Based on the bold text in the First Class Shipping description below, I'd actually expect a horse to arrive LESS tired than when they left. Ie: If I ship first class at 15 tired but rest during the ship, should my horse arrive at 14 tired or better? If that's not the case, it's not very clear.

First Class Shipping
Pamper your horses with First Class Shipping. Your horses will arrive relaxed and rested. Your horses will travel in luxury with a groom attending to their every whim. Sugar cubes, apples, brushing and more. All this extra comfort and care makes the time to ship to locations longer than economy shipping, but your horse arrives to its destination without any additional tiredness from travel - it actually rests during the trip!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

You can also toggle back and forth between shipping first class and shipping not. For example, after a race, I switch back to not first class to ship back claimers, etc., going a short distance, then switch back to first class to ship horses traveling farther/my better horses. I err on the side of first class shipping, but it's not that big a pain to go back and forth, particularly for post-race shipping or shipping breeding stock/yearlings.

In addition, I used to ship to the closest farm and pay board. Now, because my horses that are shipping first class aren't accumulating fatigue, I've got more incentive to send to my farm, especially when it is the same default $200 shipping cost, and essentially save $40+/$60 in board that I would have paid to the closest farm. So, that offsets some of the additional $100 cost.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Based on the bold text in the First Class Shipping description below, I'd actually expect a horse to arrive LESS tired than when they left. Ie: If I ship first class at 15 tired but rest during the ship, should my horse arrive at 14 tired or better? If that's not the case, it's not very clear.

First Class Shipping
Pamper your horses with First Class Shipping. Your horses will arrive relaxed and rested. Your horses will travel in luxury with a groom attending to their every whim. Sugar cubes, apples, brushing and more. All this extra comfort and care makes the time to ship to locations longer than economy shipping, but your horse arrives to its destination without any additional tiredness from travel - it actually rests during the trip!
The rest offsets the 4. It doesn't offset the 15. It says in the same FAQ "First Class Shipping does not wipe out tiredness from racing and workouts, but it does not add any additional fatigue."
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago

First Class Shipping
The rest offsets the 4. It doesn't offset the 15. It says in the same FAQ "First Class Shipping does not wipe out tiredness from racing and workouts, but it does not add any additional fatigue."
I'd just suggesting removing the line about it resting during the trip from the FAQ.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

First Class Shipping
I'd just suggesting removing the line about it resting during the trip from the FAQ.
I do not see any need to remove the line. The horse is resting during the first class ship, as it is not accruing any further shipping "tiredness". Since it clearly states the first class shipment does not reduce any tiredness from racing or workouts. it is pretty clear, at least to me, that the first class shipment solely removes the shipping tiredness, and that is all.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Darcy McBride wrote: 4 years ago

I do not see any need to remove the line. The horse is resting during the first class ship, as it is not accruing any further shipping "tiredness". Since it clearly states the first class shipment does not reduce any tiredness from racing or workouts. it is pretty clear, at least to me, that the first class shipment solely removes the shipping tiredness, and that is all.
That was the idea anyway :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago

But does the line actually add anything, other than just making it more ambiguous? Whatever. I got my answer so I'm perfectly clear on it now, if someone else in the future is confused from it so be it :)
Andrea Bouwkamp
Eclipse Champion

Post by Andrea Bouwkamp »

Thanks for all the replies. I understand now. I will just keep doing what I have been doing-shipping to next start location immediately after they race.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago

But does the line actually add anything, other than just making it more ambiguous? Whatever. I got my answer so I'm perfectly clear on it now, if someone else in the future is confused from it so be it :)
I will say I had interpreted it the same way as Danny as they were now actively resting while being shipped (rather than just not getting tired)
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Andrea Bouwkamp wrote: 4 years ago Thanks for all the replies. I understand now. I will just keep doing what I have been doing-shipping to next start location immediately after they race.
Personally, I would say that as long as you give your horses enough rest after shipping you should be fine.

I find that the first class shipping is more important when it is Monday and I see there is a nice graded stakes in Africa on Friday for my horse that is currently in Kentucky. With regular shipping I could pretty much give that race up for that horse. With first class shipping I can ship him/her there without thinking about it. No guarantee they'll win or even do well but I don't have to worry about them getting injured in the race due to the long ship. JMO
¯\_(ツ)_/¯