What shall I do with you?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

What shall I do with you?

Post by Ash Tarasin »

This young man here turned freak over the break:
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1071158

Barely a freak, like he may previously have been just barely stakes.
I don't expect my little horse to go nudge any world records anytime soon - in fact I'd be more than happy if he goes "strongly to wire" and wins himself a couple more allowances before he decides he doesn't want to run around flat oval tracks anymore.

The thing is, I am not perfectly sure I have gotten the distance right. Since he recently turned freak (possibly only over one single distance previosly unknown to man) I'd feel sorry if I missed it completely.

Being a sun of Super I would have guessed 9f-9.5f, but he is also a grandson of Anointed, so you may possibly add a little more distance towards the 10f. Then you have the great-grand-father Father Ralph who sired a little bit of everything. All three of them may also have potential to turn horses into camouflaged milers. Dam is not raced at all since I have no patience.

Maybe (!) my horse is a "Jack of All Trades - Master of None", probably with an emphasis on the later, but then again - why the freak-label?

Thus, what would you have done, where would you have put him? I don't believe in turf, chasing or appaloosa claimers but other than I'm pretty open to everything.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: What shall I do with you?

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I think he wants short route.

Try him in a light stakes field at 1 1/8. See how he does. Last out he ran nicely. Remember the steward mentioning that horses don’t always run that fast unless pushed by other talented horses in a field.

last race he ran an 88 and didn’t seem like he was running a against any world beaters. Try him in a light short distance stakes and let him tell you if that’s the distance he prefers.

Nothing to lose, if he fails you can always send him back to allowance company.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

What Pete said. No way I bother with another allowance. I don't think he is a miler, but some week you will be looking for races for him, and there will not be any likely looking prospects at 1/16th or 1/8. That is when you give him a chance at a mile. "Deep end of the pool!" PS: you don't mention either his preferred track condition or soundness; and he isn't insured, btw. Best, Lucas
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Lucas Davenport wrote: 4 years ago PS: you don't mention either his preferred track condition or soundness; and he isn't insured, btw. Best, Lucas
He likes dry, is somewhat unsound (but has a cat friend) and.. if he wins a 50k stakes race with a speed index indicating he's faster than a reasonably speedy moped I *might* consider insuring him.

(If I jinxed this now, I am going to hold you accountable, Lucas :? )