The mind of a stalker

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

The mind of a stalker

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Does anyone have an idea of why stalkers sometimes just don't fire? They may be positioned the exact same way in two different races with similar competition and speed, yet in the one race they spark and in the other they just seem to shrug off the race wanting to go back home.

Is it just random capriciousness of the dice? Randomness in combination with something else, or something else entirely?
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: The mind of a stalker

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I reckon they need to be somewhat close to the frontrunners and then get a decent diceroll for the last stretch.
I would also think a lot of frontrunners in the race would benefit the stalker but then they also run the risk of positioning themselves far back in the field. They never seem to run well with loads of early speed and no closers.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

This happens in real life OFTEN and it’s usually because the pace up front doesn’t let up at all. If your leaders are running sectionals in the 11 seconds to the furlong range, you’d have to run 9 to the furlong to catch them and the fastest horses in the world can’t do that. In Australian racing the general rule is 1 second equals 6 lengths. Stalkers and closers tend to denominate when the leaders start slowing up to 12.5 to the furlong as they get tired. And also when there is track bias away from the rail.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Thorough answer! Thank you! <3
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Wow this is so NOT what I thought this thread was about.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago Wow this is so NOT what I thought this thread was about.
SAME 🤣
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago Wow this is so NOT what I thought this thread was about.
Caught your attention, did I not? ;) 8-)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

SAME! I was like 'Im scared to click...'
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

I saw the title and immediately thought I was missing out on a crime show on Netflix.