assessing pedigrees for breeding

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

assessing pedigrees for breeding

Post by The Harlequins »

Hi all.bit of a novice question .

When looking through pedigrees to breed.

Is stakes winner offspring % high up on the list to look for.

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: assessing pedigrees for breeding

Post by The Harlequins »

Should have said Mares offspring
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Its 3.40 in the morning here in England Gwayne lol

I am living it alright lol
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

There is a quote I believe to be by the great Italian breeder Frederico Tesio...”Breed the best to the best and hope for the best”. It’s true in the Sim as well. We also have the demon “random slide” working for and against us. While I cannot deny that Cleo is a brilliant player and has accomplished much in the game, I don’t agreed with all she says in her article. That old random slide levels the playing field.

We’ve all had blue hen mares that don’t produce and good mares who have given champions. I have some terrific race horses who just aren’t meant to be mares, but the bloodstock agent is convinced they are blue hens or stars. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and take a shot.

A couple of examples....
Just Come Home was a wonderful racehorse and is classed as a star mare...her 5 foals are all claimers.

Humorous Lady’s race record is minimal having just broken her maiden. Retired she was listed as a good mare, and yet she gave me Jabberwocky.

Extreme examples, to be sure, but it is our reality.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Got it Nick.

Aim at the best ,hope for the best.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

My article is mainly aimed at getting breeding results (hopefully) slightly higher than average consistently each season. Thanks to really great game coding, it’s always possible to get exceptions to the rule like the ones Nick mentions. Especially when random slide and generation skips (remember 3 generations count) get involved, and more rarely when a family throws an awesome horse out of nowhere and she becomes the taproot mare of a new top bloodline. And sometimes mares who should be great suck SO bad.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

So the rating ,blue hen,star mare, formidable stand for the likelyhood of the horse prouducing a foal equal or better than it dam,

Blue hen being most likely.all things coincided.