Scratch Alerts

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Scratch Alerts

Post by Dave Trainer »

I think it was Lucas who posted in another thread about unforeseen consequences of changes.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in the number of Scratch Alerts this season?

I've had more in 4 weeks than the rest of my time on the Sim put together.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Scratch Alerts

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

One result could be due more late entries bumping out previously qualified horses.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Yes Pete, I'm wondering if that is a result of First Class Shipping.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Seems likely to me, I know I am trying to enter a few days later than I used to now.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

I haven’t had any scratch alerts this season but I enter very early. I have noticed some split race notifications that are much later than they used to be. I’m getting a lot of those the day before the race now.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

George Knatz wrote: 4 years ago I haven’t had any scratch alerts this season but I enter very early. I have noticed some split race notifications that are much later than they used to be. I’m getting a lot of those the day before the race now.
That would be the same thing except the runners went to 15 rather than 13 or 14.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago
George Knatz wrote: 4 years ago I haven’t had any scratch alerts this season but I enter very early. I have noticed some split race notifications that are much later than they used to be. I’m getting a lot of those the day before the race now.
That would be the same thing except the runners went to 15 rather than 13 or 14.
I get what you are saying but I don’t consider them the same thing. No horses are scratched. But like I said I enter extremely early. The only time I would have a horse in the 13-15 spots is if it was a stakes and my horse is short on points. 99% of the time I’m entering the first horse in a race.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Or if you were short of points in any non claiming and non maiden races. You'd get bumped in NW's and Allowances and if there were 13 or 14 entries horses would be scratched. Entering first only safeguards you in maidens and claimers I think.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago Or if you were short of points in any non claiming and non maiden races. You'd get bumped in NW's and Allowances and if there were 13 or 14 entries horses would be scratched. Entering first only safeguards you in maidens and claimers I think.
I don’t know about NW as far as points. The rules say stakes and allowances go by points. What I do know is I haven’t been scratched from a non stakes race since yr 47. That’s when I started entering early. That’s around 30,000 races without it happening.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I believe maiden and claiming raced are the only first come first served races, everything else is points based
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Out of curiosity, why are people entering their horses later on this year?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago Out of curiosity, why are people entering their horses later on this year?
Because first class shipping allows you to ship later because you don’t need a few days at the track to recover from shipping. If you enter later it gives your horse more farm rest, and you’re able to get a better idea of who your horse is running against.

I had my first horse be scratched this year, I had no idea what to do with him...ship him to a farm? Leave him at the track and hope there is a race for him next week? Give him exercise at the track, recovery time is different though... :?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I suppose that makes sense but then again don’t most people have auto-shipping on?
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago I suppose that makes sense but then again don’t most people have auto-shipping on?
According to the FAQ:
First Class Shipping takes longer then Economy Shipping.
Auto Shipping will automatically adjust when to ship your horses if you have First Class Shipping enabled.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Lori Hamill wrote: 4 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago I suppose that makes sense but then again don’t most people have auto-shipping on?
According to the FAQ:
First Class Shipping takes longer then Economy Shipping.
Auto Shipping will automatically adjust when to ship your horses if you have First Class Shipping enabled.
Yea that’s what I mean, there’s no need to enter horses late on when you have auto-shipping on but I suppose some people just prefer to do the shipping themselves which is fair enough, just curious why specifically this year people have made the change to entering late.