1st class shipping

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

1st class shipping

Post by Stormy Peak »

I can see situations where you have a big horse you want to put on a 1st class long haul ship...but during that time, you have 50 horses that will be auto-shipping to various tracks while your other horse is half way through it's flight.
So turning off the 1st class shipping could save a ton of money in not shipping all those other horses....but how does that affect the horse(s) already airborne in 1st class flight.

For example: You auto ship a horse, during a time when none of your other horses will be shipped, and say the trip will be for 14 hours, but you wish to turn off 1st class shipping in 12 hours to prevent 50 other horses from being shipped like that.

Does the auto ship need to be enabled that whole time?
If it's disabled, while the horse is in flight...does it:
~Void the 1st class shipping and the horse arrives tired, and you are still charged for the trip.
~~The horse arrives with no shipping tiredness since the 1st class fee was paid
~~~The horse will acquire an amount of tiredness based upon what time the feature was disabled. For example, 12 hours into a flight, the feature is turned off...does your horse then acquire 2 hours of shipping tiredness.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Re: 1st class shipping

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Pretty sure once the horse has started shipping first class it will remain that way even of you turn it back off while the horse is still en route
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago Pretty sure once the horse has started shipping first class it will remain that way even of you turn it back off while the horse is still en route
And vice versa if you turn it on while other horses are economy shipping
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Tammy, Thanks.

This first class ship is working out well for my nicer 'mud' horses...seems like there's a world wide drought and my mud horses are always on the wrong continent after 1 muddy race and to find them another one it's a 12 to 20 hour ship.
-------

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Hmm... I haven't done a lot of 1st class shipping, but a few moments ago, I decided to ship a colt from my farm in northern Florida to a track Flamingo Track...which is normally a 4.93 hour ship by van. But with 1st class by van, it's now a 6.38 hour ship. Not that it matters that much given the extra time won't affect tiredness, however if 1st class adds more time to the shipping and one is pushing the envelope to get a horse to a track on time, it might be something to keep in mind...especially if the ship is really long and the extra time added increases accordingly.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000