Way to * up and waste money...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Way to * up and waste money...

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Decided to get a few extra mares for breeding, managed to compound mistake after mistake and waste a small fortune.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1172386.. 2yo, zero works. Equipment not done... oh and a solid gallop.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1055660.. 4yo stakes, unraced in near 2 months, will be unfit for sure.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=728739.. Hopefully this one will get a foal to help offset the loss of the first two.

Make sure you read twice before bidding.....
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Re: Way to * up and waste money...

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Similar boat Kaine. I swore this was a sales auction. Unless it's something extra fancy, I don't bid on lease auctions. Unless of course I fail to read the title.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I did the same thing. I've already returned the horse with a note to the owner that I apparently did not read the auction correctly. I did look after I realized it was a lease to make sure it wasn't for YR 56, but it was not. Unfit, still need a piece. Time I got the horse ready to run, would be time to send it back. Shame on me.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Mike Bryant has the best sales auctions IMO. Ready to race the moment you get them. I'm referring to the experience I had buying 2 yr. old's from him.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago Mike Bryant has the best sales auctions IMO. Ready to race the moment you get them. I'm referring to the experience I had buying 2 yr. old's from him.
I have to agree with you on that. I’ve had a few go on to be blue hen mares.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Well that’s sucky*...

Edit: FIXED IT* holy cats
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Well that’s shady...
It's shady that so many people can't read?
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

What is shady about having a lease auction? It CLEARLY says lease. Lets not throw around words like shady when it absolutely isn't. Its not fair to Rocki at all.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

I had a couple of bids but it bugged me that it did not say how long you had the horse.
I forgot about her lease auction and ended up not getting anything.

If you reach out to Rocki, she might let you keep the horse another season. I am sure she did not mean to waste peoples money on week 8 for horses that won't be ready to run for awhile.

Worth asking her.
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago
What is shady about having a lease auction? It CLEARLY says lease. Lets not throw around words like shady when it absolutely isn't. Its not fair to Rocki at all.
This. I participated in the auction and I never felt mislead.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Michael Looker wrote: 4 years ago
Holy cats, I don’t remember typing shady, I thought sucky in my head. Maybe my swipe text went awry, not sure.

Maybe it’s shady that I can’t type apparently.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

There was nothing shady about it. I just didn't read it correctly. It is all my own fault. I told Rocki when I returned the horse that it was because I had not read the auction correctly. I returned the horse because I did not want to mess with it and get it all ready to run, just in time to return it back. I have plenty of horses in my training barn to mess with. :)
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Michael Looker wrote: 4 years ago
Holy cats, I don’t remember typing shady, I thought sucky in my head. Maybe my swipe text went awry, not sure.

Maybe it’s shady that I can’t type apparently.
Spell check won’t allow certain words if there is a possible sensual connotation ...it gets me all the time, lol

Prime example, I did not type sensual, but s e * u a l.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

I had no poor intentions or a "plan" to waste or steal money from people. I came back recently to the game in the midst of being bored and decided to make a lease auction. If you think its more than that then I'm sorry you have to make up something to keep you entertained. Maybe a book will do? The fact that everybody is so quick to assume there is/was negative intentions..just shows the maturity level of some of the folks in this community. I understand yall are all cooped up from Corona (hopefully, anyways), and I'm sorry if yall didn't read correctly. NOBODY made you bid, and we are all "primarily" adults here who are capable of understanding the risk factor when it comes to leasing unraced, untrained horses or so I hope. The only reason I'm saying anything is from the amount of PMS I've received about people being upset, not that I necessarily think that anybody is calling it shady or a "bait to make people lose money", but just to clarify what happened.
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I can only speak for myself, but I never accused or thought you had the intention of doing anything shady or underhanded. I failed to notice this was a lease auction, not a sales auction. Lesson learned on my behalf.

And, for my general knowledge, do the auctions tell you when the lease is to end? The only times I’ve leased a horse of racing age, the owner and I came to terms prior to finalizing the exchange.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000