Week 9 possible improvers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Week 9 possible improvers

Post by The Harlequins »

Hi all its that gobby bloke on again.

I think some of my horses have improved after week 9,

I just love racing them every 2 weeks if they are up for it.

But would love to find out if they have indeed got better before the start of yr56.

The Question.

Is there a method you guys use so the horses can still race as often as possible,or do i have to bite the bullet ,find out in the break and start racing wk2.

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Week 9 possible improvers

Post by Laura Smith »

I think I'm in the minority but I almost never gallop horses that are racing. If they've improved, they'll show it in their race results, and galloping isn't worth changing a horse's schedule, IMO.
Also keep in mind that horses can improve within their gallop level and not show a difference in gallop comment -- you might have a "low" allowance that jumps to a "high" allowance and shows a large improvement on the track, but the comment wouldn't change.
Just my two cents!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Usually, at least once during the year I give my horses a 3 week break,(not all at the same time) and I aim for after week 9. I gallop them one week after their last race and then they still have a 2 week break after that. Otherwise, like Laura I never work my racing horses except for an occasional walk around the shedrow.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

If you want to see if your active runners have improved, a slight adjustment in their schedule is likely necessary.

I raced a horse 10/1 and is scheduled to race again 12/5.

He is very sound and I galloped him 11/7.

Figuring 2 days to recover from the exercise, this fits right in to his shipping and racing schedule.

And yes, he's still a FREAK!
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you all .
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.