The Year 55 Arc de Triomphe

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: The Year 55 Arc de Triomphe

Post by Stormy Peak »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 4 years ago Roughian is the horse most likely to make me look dumb. So there's that.
Put her in a boxed Superfecta..lol.

If I were to do a boxed Trifecta...

Roughian
A Choice of Evils
Manic

Also, even if Roughian doesn't hit the board in this race, I'll still forever be proud of her, she's accomplished so much already...everything from here on out will just be icing on the cake.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago I low key want to run Yang Wenli in the Arc, but the Australia race looks so much more winnable.
Sorry buddy might want to find another winnable race 🤣
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nathan Klein
Derby Contender

Post by Nathan Klein »

I'm super exited for this running of the Arc we got the great Artilleryman who I adore as a horse. As well as some great fillies who might have a shot at winning the race like Hold Back the Dark My Girl Lily and especially Courting I gotta love her in this race. It overall is shaping up to be something great with atleast 8 horses with a really good shot to win.
"Nathan you tweaking"
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago The Tamara Vess statistical analysis article is outstanding.
I just read it, she did a wonderful job in breaking down the field.
There was one typo however that had me do a double take....
With Drama isn't a full sibling to Roughian lol. [Night's Quiet x Fortitude, by Andre]
His pedigree is: Itoko x With Care, by Sidney

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Awesome article and fantastic analysis by Tamara! Must have taken a while to collect the data!
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

My trifecta picks finished fifth, ninth and 10th. I suck.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Wait a minute ... I totally missed With Drama in my preview writeup. How the heck did I do that?!?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

My filly’s King George was just a fluke in the end then. She’ll race one more time I think and off to the breeding shed she goes.

Congrats Glenn, With Drama has clearly improved leaps and bounds in the second half of the season!

On a side note, I knew Courting wouldn’t be a factor when right before the race Em didn’t mention her as a contender, that’s when you know they don’t stand a chance 😭
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago My filly’s King George was just a fluke in the end then. She’ll race one more time I think and off to the breeding shed she goes.

Congrats Glenn, With Drama has clearly improved leaps and bounds in the second half of the season!

On a side note, I knew Courting wouldn’t be a factor when right before the race Em didn’t mention her as a contender, that’s when you know they don’t stand a chance 😭
To be fair, sometimes I purposely leave out names to make it more of an upset... and also sometimes I just forget. Mostly that last bit, ha.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I thought today's race was wonderful. I didn't have With Drama on my radar (Congrats Glenn!)...I was looking more at Manic and A Choice of Evils and I honestly thought Roughian would do well in the race...thought she had a legit chance of winning and if not that would at least finish in the top 3. So her 2nd place finish pleased me a lot, more than I can express here.

She's also gone over the $5 Million mark in earnings....I'm just very very proud of her.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Congratulations to With Drama...

There will be an investigation as to why Artilleryman was not himself today, jockey, Jack Donovan stated after the race that the horse was one paced throughout and lacked his usual fire. A full vet scan has been ordered as it is believed the horse was drugged leading up to the race. Management state that the 5yo son of Nightmarch will not be participating in this years Steward's Cup, but pending clearance by the vet, will in fact be going for the race his owner really wants to win in the Sim... The Melbourne Trophy. Failing a vet clearance, he will return next season, starting with the Pegasus. 8-)
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago Wait a minute ... I totally missed With Drama in my preview writeup. How the heck did I do that?!?
I assumed you didn't think he was worthy!!! I wasn't 100% sure myself, but my $10k bet paid $69,653... Woohooooo!
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

No I totally missed him ... I would have given him a solid chance given his recent record. I just went dumb.

Congrats!