Looking For 3 Definitive Answers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Looking For 3 Definitive Answers

Post by The Harlequins »

Question 1

What can i do in the time you call festivous.

Question 2

What is the earliest time in the break that i can jog a horse to see if any improvment

Question 3

What is the earliest time after that jog that i can race a horse that is very sound.

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: Looking For 3 Definitive Answers

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Question 1: Gallop your yearlings
Question 2: Jogging a horse wont show comment, only whether or not they are fit.
Question 3: Jogging takes 1-2 days to recover. Galloping 2-3
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you Dylan, so what is the earliest i can gallop after the end of this season.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Frank Chilton wrote: 3 years ago Thank you Dylan, so what is the earliest i can gallop after the end of this season.
Foals are due on June 5th, and gallops open at 12:00AM PST on June 6th :)
For future reference... Rollover into the next season is at noon Pacific the Friday after Week 16 Day 5, and racing/galloping opens the following day.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

You can find that on the Calendar

This year foals are "born" on June 5th and race entries open on June 6th.

Edit - Lily beat me to it as I was typing it up.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you for the replies,

Sorry for asking questions that seem a bit obvious and can be checked up on.

It sometimes is a strange feeling being retired and being a novice at someting new.

Regards Frank.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Don't worry about it Frank. Just keep asking away, you're picking it up fast.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank for that Andrew,i am not good at these text type things for talking,or asking things,but i know its not going away.

I was just laughing to myself about festivous, if i get a good result i will want to shout it out.

By the time i have typed it on the chat it will have raced :lol:
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Frank Chilton wrote: 3 years ago Thank for that Andrew,i am not good at these text type things for talking,or asking things,but i know its not going away.

I was just laughing to myself about festivous, if i get a good result i will want to shout it out.

By the time i have typed it on the chat it will have raced :lol:
Well, you can shout it out, but just don't do it on the first day. The first day of Festivus is for the airing of grievances.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Be careful, Frank. Don't let your eagerness to see if a horse has improved destroy it.

The SIM can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the first week of break doesn't exist for the horses; there is no rest going on. The second week of break (when races open for entering) I believe horses start to rest, but from what I've heard it is like a half-rest. In my mind, I act like these 2 break weeks don't exist for the horses, and I do nothing with them at all until the year actually starts. There are some good articles on how much rest a horses would require after certain types of exercise or workouts. Read those.

And to reiterate: Jog will advise Fitness level of horse. Gallop will advise any improvements of horse.

Best of Luck!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Frank Chilton wrote: 3 years ago Question 1

What can i do in the time you call festivous.
Frank
Do what a lof of Simsters do... whine a lot about getting the gallops to come early. ;)
~part duex: Whine a lot after gallops because your yearling crop consisted mostly of claimers/solids and productives :P

On a more serious note. A few things you can do while on break. Double check where your horses are at! Sometimes people will retire a mare...and even breed her then a Sim year later, realize her and the foal are located at a $200 track....when they should have been sent to one's own free barn, or a $20 stable near-bye.

Take the time and go through your stable...double check to see if there are any horses that probably should be retired during break. I often don't care if a horse isn't winning...as long as they are pulling in a consistent race day paycheck. But sometimes a horse is barely scraping by, only winning like $500 per race...and if at the shortest distance of travel...$200 of that goes to shipping. For a stable where there are not a lot of horses and the owner has the time...it might be worth it to keep a horse like that for several more Sim seasons, if upon occasion they can nail down a 4th or 3rd spot. But for a large stable and with limited time to work on the stable, it's probably best to pension the horse.

And of course, there's research into pedigrees, breeding, and seeing about the next season's schedules for one's better horses.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago Double check where your horses are at! Sometimes people will retire a mare...and even breed her then a Sim year later, realize her and the foal are located at a $200 track....when they should have been sent to one's own free barn, or a $20 stable nearby.
Horse Locations.

Once the break starts and you have no horses entered in races, you can sort this page by the Board cost to make sure you don't have any horses at an expensive place they shouldn't be. You can also make sure by scrolling down the page and looking at the Amenities column; any location on that page that doesn't have all the symbols is probably not where you want your horse to be.