Introducing: The Morning Line Podcast!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Introducing: The Morning Line Podcast!

Post by Andrew James »

This was really fun to listen to. I have so many follow ups lol. I need to go back and listen to it again but there was a part where Em was talking about how lines that cross well with each other are the same as day 1 and that blew my mind a little. I think I have definitely been focussing too much on the immediate predecesors when choosing stallion lines to breed particular males too.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

In the Q&A it was mentioned that someone had twins they were going to enter in next year's derby. I was under the impression that twins for a mare was usually vey unhealthy for the foals. Is it different in the sim?
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

William Atteberry wrote: 3 years ago In the Q&A it was mentioned that someone had twins they were going to enter in next year's derby. I was under the impression that twins for a mare was usually vey unhealthy for the foals. Is it different in the sim?
This is true for real life! In the sim, most of the time one foal is better than the other, thus mimicking how it's "unhealthy". In this rare case I was talking about, one of my really excellent mares gave me twins by James Dean and by some miracle, both galloped freak and are working really well. The comment about both of them going to the Derby is mostly for humor, but I hope it becomes reality!

This is them!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Thanks for the love everyone! We hope to bring Em back again, and maybe have some other special guests on The Morning Line Mailbag to answer your questions! We have a really great time recording them.

As for Dylan, word is he's in transit from Australia and will be back to record with us next week. Tim is still at large.
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

Interesting to know. I had seen a couple of sets, but was avoiding them. I will have to reconsider that.

Thanks and good luck with them.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago Great listen as always, thanks for taking the time to do these! :)
I didn't know you could ask questions about specific horses, or I would have asked what the heck happened to Long Gone Day in his last start, lol.
Most likely answer: Post position 1.

Much less likely answer/contributor: Didn't like 10F for whatever reason.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago
Most likely answer: Post position 1.

Much less likely answer/contributor: Didn't like 10F for whatever reason.
Hm, he had the #5 post and still seems odd how he'd drop that low... But by now I'm used to always getting the underachievers for whatever reason. I've made peace with it, just this this one seemed a bit over the top, lol.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Oh I misread the post position chart, my bad. That wasn't it.

10F might not be his gig. But it's more likely just race variance and I wouldn't sweat it.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I like knowing my time spent on my yearlings on gate training is not wasted.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

The Morning Line Episode 12 - Long Island, Louisville, and a Fond Farewell

Post by Nini Panini »

It’s the end of an era on The Morning Line Podcast as the original trio sit down to preview races for the final time. We breeze through the Louisville Classic and Long Island Acorn before previewing the Long Island Classic and making our picks. After, we reflect on how far we’ve come since creating the podcast at the end of Year 55, and then Dylan shares he will be leaving the podcast in the interest of his real-life happenings. As always, bullying ensues.

Nini and Mara will return next week, and we hope to welcome Dylan back on again in the future!

Click here to listen on our website!

You can also click here to listen directly on Anchor!
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

My fellow Lincolnite will be missed!
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Great podcast as usual! Sad to hear that Dylan is leaving :( But I wish you all the best Dylan and hope that you can make it back for some future episodes!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Dylan is in the podcasts?
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

The Morning Line Episode 13 - The All-Canada Preview

Post by Nini Panini »

The Morning Line enters a new era as we record our first podcast without Dylan. This episode, it's Mara's time to shine as we review a bunch of Canadian races. We go over the Queen’s Derby, Toronto Oaks, and Toronto Mile. Mara schools us on how apparently Toronto should be pronounced without the second T, and Nini is sleepy throughout. An impromptu Trainer of the Year discussion is had, and as always, some banter ensues.

You can also click here to listen directly on Anchor!
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

The Morning Line Podcast Episode 14 - Midsummer and Oceanside Previews

Post by Nini Panini »

We're back! After a short break, The Morning Line returns with two dishonorable guests to preview the Midsummer Oaks and Classic as well as the Oceanside Classic! Strap in, because we go farther off the rails than we ever have before! Is The Spa really located in Times Square? What really happened while Tim was in Australia? Why did everyone rib Mara today? If you're not part of our alienated listener base by now, listen in for 90% chaos and 10% us actually covering the races!

Warning: This episode contains strong language.

Click here to listen directly on Anchor!