SC Filly And Mare Turf

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

SC Filly And Mare Turf

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ok I admit, I'm really excited about this race and reading what was said about Joseph Depaulo in today's installment of Daybreak had me looking at our horses again.

SC Filly and Mare Turf

Of all the horses Roughian faced running against the males in every race this year...I didn't fret too much if she got beat, because a mare getting beat by a top male horse isn't so bad, it's hard for a mare to beat the males on a regular basis.

However, since I put Mal in the Turf Classic, I moved Roughian over to the Filly and Mare Turf to race with the girls finally this year.

And, while there are some awesome mares in this race, the mare I worry about the most is Joseph Depaulo's Summertime Crush - who, as mentioned in the Daybreak installment - really is a true professional. He has a lovely mare with her. Summertime Crush

Joseph and I have had a small rivalry going on with our two mares, he's told me before in PM, that Summertime Crush was gunning for Roughian and indeed, she's shot Roughian down a few times.

Summertime Crush won last year's SC Filly and Mare turf, with my mare coming in second, so I'm looking forward to and a bit apprehensive about this race, all because of Summertime Crush. I know there are other great mares in this race, but our two have history...lol, and I'm enjoying this rivalry so much...love it when things like this happen in the Sim, as I think rivalries are so fun follow, but even more fun to be a part of.

Their 5 races to date, score:

Roughian -- Summertime Crush 2nd. (margin of victory...by a head) First Ladies Route
Roughian -- Summertime Crush 2nd. (margin of victory...by a head) International Oaks
Summertime Crush -- Roughian 2nd. (margin of victory...by a neck) Queen Mother Stakes
Summertime Crush -- Roughian 2nd. (margin of victory...1/2 length) SC Filly and Mare Turf
Roughian 5th -- Summertime Crush 6th (finished ahead by 2 lengths) Desert Turf Classic

And with the likes of Me In Black, Waltz Home, Lazar Show and a good number of other entries in this race I think it's going to be a very unlady like free for all for the battle to the wire. I almost think I should duck this one and shove Roughian in with the boys again - it might be less painful to watch if she loses a SC race again. :P

Would love to hear from the other owners how they think their filly/mare is looking to them... nicely rested? ...improving with each race? ....has a closer...and hopes the speedy front runners burn their selves out?

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: SC Filly And Mare Turf

Post by Carole Hanson »

Sentimentally, I would love Five Moons Over to win but I am looking at Me in Black or Silent Sarcasm to sneak in and win it. Roughian and Summertime Crush are obviously the two major favourites though and will be very hard to beat.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Sentimentally, I would love Five Moons Over to win but I am looking at Me in Black or Silent Sarcasm to sneak in and win it. Roughian and Summertime Crush are obviously the two major favourites though and will be very hard to beat.
I always like it when an older runner shows up the youngsters, it would be a spectacular way for Five Moons Over to finish her year...career?

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Sentimentally, I would love Five Moons Over to win but I am looking at Me in Black or Silent Sarcasm to sneak in and win it. Roughian and Summertime Crush are obviously the two major favourites though and will be very hard to beat.
I always like it when an older runner shows up the youngsters, it would be a spectacular way for Five Moons Over to finish her year...career?

Stormy
Mostly I just want her to win so that Satono Moon can get a SC winner but she has been so fantastic in her career, would be such a nice way to end it! I’m sure she’ll be a fabulous broodmare for Emily. In fact, I’m sure all these fillies/mares will be fabulous broodmares eventually!
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago Ok I admit, I'm really excited about this race and reading what was said about Joseph Depaulo in today's installment of Daybreak had me looking at our horses again.

SC Filly and Mare Turf

Of all the horses Roughian faced running against the males in every race this year...I didn't fret too much if she got beat, because a mare getting beat by a top male horse isn't so bad, it's hard for a mare to beat the males on a regular basis.

However, since I put Mal in the Turf Classic, I moved Roughian over to the Filly and Mare Turf to race with the girls finally this year.

And, while there are some awesome mares in this race, the mare I worry about the most is Joseph Depaulo's Summertime Crush - who, as mentioned in the Daybreak installment - really is a true professional. He has a lovely mare with her. Summertime Crush

Joseph and I have had a small rivalry going on with our two mares, he's told me before in PM, that Summertime Crush was gunning for Roughian and indeed, she's shot Roughian down a few times.

Summertime Crush won last year's SC Filly and Mare turf, with my mare coming in second, so I'm looking forward to and a bit apprehensive about this race, all because of Summertime Crush. I know there are other great mares in this race, but our two have history...lol, and I'm enjoying this rivalry so much...love it when things like this happen in the Sim, as I think rivalries are so fun follow, but even more fun to be a part of.

Their 5 races to date, score:

Roughian -- Summertime Crush 2nd. (margin of victory...by a head) First Ladies Route
Roughian -- Summertime Crush 2nd. (margin of victory...by a head) International Oaks
Summertime Crush -- Roughian 2nd. (margin of victory...by a neck) Queen Mother Stakes
Summertime Crush -- Roughian 2nd. (margin of victory...1/2 length) SC Filly and Mare Turf
Roughian 5th -- Summertime Crush 6th (finished ahead by 2 lengths) Desert Turf Classic

And with the likes of Me In Black, Waltz Home, Lazar Show and a good number of other entries in this race I think it's going to be a very unlady like free for all for the battle to the wire. I almost think I should duck this one and shove Roughian in with the boys again - it might be less painful to watch if she loses a SC race again. :P

Would love to hear from the other owners how they think their filly/mare is looking to them... nicely rested? ...improving with each race? ....has a closer...and hopes the speedy front runners burn their selves out?

Stormy
its so funny thinking about when i was messaging you about this little rivalry to be fair i never thought summertime Crush would be a match for Roughian a freak (summertime is a stakes galloper i assume improved) with an imposing name! if someone said i would of beat roughian once i would of been thrilled so to see where we are with this is great i hope i win obviously but beating your mare to tie the series is the goal if that comes to fruition then it would be hard to see there rivalry end. i must tip my head to you stormy backing down from no one going to the biggest spots your a true champ fearless and ferocious, God Bless you stormy and Roughian and Gl see you on the track on friday let all the horses start clean and a roaring photo finish exactly what this race and all of us deserve :)
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Perfume is entered purely because it’s her last run so why the heck not. She’s lost a step this year though so I don’t expect her to hit the top 10 but sometimes the SC throws curveball results.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I would love for Me in Black to avenge mom and grandma (their loss margins in 3 SC F&M turf equal Black Comet 2nd twice by 3/4 length and a nose, and Black Starfall 3rd by a head and a nose). She's had a couple of easier races, especially her last out so I'm hoping that she's fit and ready and not tailing off. I'm excited to see where she stacks up against the toughest fillies and mares in the turf route division. I'm hoping for the win, but being beaten by any of the competitors wouldn't be out of the question. I've said many times, this division is rock solid right now.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000