How Did Your Year Go?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: How Did Your Year Go?

Post by Dan Kauffman »

I returned midseason after a few SIM years away ...

Trainer Stats for Year 55: 34 : 7-5-7 Win-20.6% OTB-55.9%

I'm thrilled with that considering all my runners are turf routers claimed by me over the last 7-8 weeks. A couple of them have some stakes potential.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

The last week took the results from good to great; the first 15 weeks had two Grade 1 wins, Week 16 brought three SC wins from five runners. Ended up being my fifth-highest earning year.

The stable is a bit more under control. I sold everything from my Secondary Racers barn, which didn't bring in much money (average price a touch under $3k for mostly allowance and stakes gallopers, some of whom have since won $25k maidens) but cut down on the number of horses I have to worry about. I probably need to ditch another 200 or so, but I might try to get the maiden wins myself and then GP them rather than just selling them. It depends on how much free time I have; being in nationwide lockdown for a couple of months gave me more SIM time than usual.

I enjoyed the year more than the past few, which is the most important thing.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 3 years agoSucked.
5% G1 winners from starters just isn’t good enough, Danny. PICK UP YOUR GAME :lol:
I set certain goals for myself each year, and if I don't hit them I don't consider it a successful year. Honestly it wasn't a bad year, but running 2nd in three major races to close out W16 just left a terrible taste in my mouth. Hence, in my mind it sucked :P.

Trainer Stats for Year 55: 409 : 121-73-57 Win-29.6% OTB-61.4%
Earnings: $13,209,500 | Breeder Awards: $ 666,575
Stakes Wins: 59 | Grade 1 Wins: 21 | Maiden Wins: 28 | 2 Year Old Wins: 36
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

It was my best year yet! I am SUPER happy with it :D

I also became an advanced player this year and have managed to hold my own in the rankings!

Stakes Wins I ranked 5th with 50 wins, and only 838 starts for the year! Only 1 other person in the top ten had fewer than 1,300 starts :3

Grade 1 Wins I ranked 3rd with 6, 2 behind the leader who had 6,163 starts!

Earnings I came in 8th, but had fewer than 50% of the start of the next lowest in the top ten!

Win percent I was only 10th, but I had more starts than anyone else in the top 10. Anthony L Carder (2nd) was the closest with 689 starts and 35.0% wins, everyone else had fewer that 250 starts.

I ended up 4th for Average Earnings Per Start, again, no one in the top ten had more than 250 starts. No one in the 1-3 spots had more than 80 starts.

Not only was this year awesome stat wise for me I also had my 3rd Steward’s Cup Win, this time with my homebred paint boy Rockslide! I also had my first big TB race win in the Toronto Mile with Dreaming Up Wishes, another homebred!

My other grade 1 win’s were:
Monaachi Stakes - Dream Among Stars
Inglewood Mile - Slay Girl Slay
Tulsa Paint Juvenile Fillies Stakes - Are You Ready
Paris Grand Criterium - Madame

Not to mention I also had several money earners in SC races:
Naitaka - 5TH - Distaff Chase
Steeplechase - 5TH - Derby Chase
Stick Shift - 2ND - Paint Distaff
Dream Among Stars - 2ND - Turf Mile
Lego - 5TH - Filly and Mare Turf Mile
Slay Girl Slay - 4TH - Filly and Mare Turf Mile

Some more notable G1 finishes:
Dubai Millennium Mile - 2ND - Dream Among Stars
Hong Kong Turf Mile - 2ND - Dreaming Up Wishes

So, yeah, I am extreamly happy with how I did this year ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nicholas Johnson
Miler

Post by Nicholas Johnson »

As you can see from Rochelle's post. I don't run a lot of horses. But, I'm starting to breed more this year. Trying to get future runner's. The majority of the money earned both years is due to Margaux.

55 19 : 5-2-3 Win-26.3% OTB-52.6% 3 3 1 1 $1,216,290
54 14 : 4-4-0 Win-28.6% OTB-57.1% 2 2 2 0 $1,080,750
Johnson Stables
Margaux
2x SC AWR Matron Winner

Pine Mountain Standing: 35,000
Y64 SC AWR Classic Winner
Y65 Pegasus Route Winner
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

It was alright
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

I returned to the SIM this year after a hiatus, and all things considered, it was an excellent first year back. I picked up multiple G1's, Kingdom Come had an incredible year as a stallion, and the racing highlight of my year was No Day But Today's win the Los Campeones Classic. I hope to return with him and have a major competitor in the big DR races next year.

Best of all, I made some awesome new friends and started a podcast with them. It's been great. Can't describe how happy I am to be back!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

55 6,163 : 860-1,044-1,007 Win-14.0% OTB-47.2% 101 8 393 155 $25,639,930
54 6,571 : 956-1,159-1,219 Win-14.5% OTB-50.7% 72 0 421 155 $25,647,530

It was close, but I ended up 7.600$ short of last year. Flizan and I had a close battle and only 25.000$ separated ut at the end. Also very close!
I managed to get 100 stakes wins. And 8 grade 1!
I had better average earnings per race.
I won a SC with Ratatosk. An AWS! Not my best division.
Overall a very good year.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I had a really nice year and managed to reach new all time highs in a number of ways.

Breeder Stats Throughbreds - New All Time Records
  • Grade 1 wins per start 2.2%
    Stakes win per start 7.8%
    Win Percentage All races 23%
    Average Earnings per start (not including breeder awards) 14950
    Amount of Stakes wins - double the amount compared to last year on about as many starts
    Amount of Grade 1 wins - In previous years I have had 1, I had 5 this year
    Earnings - Up 30% compared to my previous highest, which I reached last year
    Breeder Awards - Double the amount compared to my previous highest, which I reached last year
Breeder Stats All Breeds (including Thoroughbreds) -New All Time Records
  • Grade 1 wins per start 1.7%
    Amount of Grade 1 wins - more than doubled compared to last year
    Earnings - up 64% compared to last year (previous highest)
Special Events

Karazhan (TB DR) had a surprisingly good year which he managed to crown with the SC Juvenile
Sing Back Louder (TB DR) would see both her oldest children (3 and 2) become stakeswinners
Rogue and a Thief (AR) won the SC Appaloosa Futurity
Silvana (AR) became the dam of her second Steward's Cup winner
Mezzanine (TB DR) won two G1s and came in third against colts in the Scott Eiland Memorial
Xinich (AWS) won the G1 Artificial Dash
Rain Catch T Wind (QR) won the G1 Half Million Matron and came in second in the SC Quarters Matron
Thessia (AWM) came in second in the SC Synthethic Juvenile Fillies
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

A full stats breakdown is not too necessary in my case I think lol, the important part is that I did at some point reach my 10% win goal during the late season (and then it rinsed away in the final two weeks but a goal reached is a goal reached, what happens afterwards is irrelevant, irrelevant I tell you).

65 maiden wins, including my first homebred winners! Fun to see my first crop hit the track; it was a small gang of 10, of which I still own 9, and I had nooo clue what I was doing breeding that first season (I still don't, but you know, comparatively speaking). Of the 8 that I raced, 3 picked up wins within their first three attempts, and the most of the rest got very close.

I did get five of my eight lifetime stakes wins this year, so that's a solid improvement. Best of my horses were definitely Bish You Wish and, at least in theory, the one-dollar wonder (these days the dear ol' dink) Silent Sheqel.

I also had the good fortune to be offered some very generous leases and gift horses, several of which got me some lovely allowance wins and the opportunity to get some nice placing money in bigger races, and one which got me a GWC win in the final week. Off the top of my head, Pete Vella, Lisa Bennert, Lucas Davenport, Glenn Escobar, Polk Buffalo, Ali Hedgestone and David Velasquez all leased or gifted me horses for free or at a rate where they've easily made back their lease fee in under half a season. (I suspect I have forgotten someone in that list, many apologies if so! I may be Swedish but my memory is cheese of the Swiss variety). I've also been given some free breedings from some lovely people, and I eagerly look forward to Festivus to see what popped out.

I have some specific goals in mind for y56 which will give my stable a little more focus, so here's to making a leap forward!
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Normally I peruse these thread and not say a lot, just quietly compare my results to others, well this year.. well last two years are different. I have had the fortune of having an efficient trainer dealing with day to training and racing of my barn, the only exception being Artilleryman, I kept full control of him as he was Nightmarch's first foal, his hundredth foal will race as a 3yo next season, so that to will be fun, although he is not showing much in gallops ... yet. Anyway to the important stuff.. Numbers and results.

As you can see, the results over the last five seasons naturally fluctuate from season to season, but overall, despite a lower average horse quality over the last season and a half, Katie has managed to maintain a very comparable rate across the board... Even improved the two year results some. I look forward to the coming season to see what happens.

So thanks to Katie Stepanian for keeping my racing barn efficient while I have been less than ... well efficient.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

My year went pretty well. While I never win a high percentage of races, it was my best percentage ever this year. My OTB% went down compared to recent years. Most Stakes wins ever, almost doubled my record for G1 wins, with 7 (previous best was 4). Second highest single year earnings behind the year Sideshow finished 2nd in the Pegasus, 3rd in the Desert Turf Classic, won the King George and was 4th in the Steward's Cup Turf.
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1148701
Thanks to this homebred colt this season is my best by far. He currently holds records for 400 and 440 yards and he is only 2. He is also a late bloomer. Thanks to him 😁 I got my first ever grade one wins.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 3 years ago https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1148701
Thanks to this homebred colt this season is my best by far. He currently holds records for 400 and 440 yards and he is only 2. He is also a late bloomer. Thanks to him 😁 I got my first ever grade one wins.
Was he not good enough for the Stewards Cup??
(I guess the answer is that he is going for the Austin derby qualifier week1.)
I have a colt in my barn that is just bragging about beating jeaux. That colt is getting rather annoying. I had hoped for Jeaux to shut him up at the SC.
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Yes Polk he is going to the qualifier and your colt ran a great race to beat him. Looking forward to rematching soon :)
I need supervision 24/7. :roll: