A Good Trainer. A Definition.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: A Good Trainer. A Definition.

Post by The Harlequins »

Use tough shoes that are a good fit, with an arch support, a slightly elevated heel and "breathable" uppers, such as leather. Casual shoes or quality trainers with heavy soles will do. If you go walking regularly, you could invest in a pair of proper walking shoes or some lightweight walking boots.

Hope my humor travels well
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Festivals is CANCELED because Michael tongue in cheek took shots at my mare.

It’s like when Keira has a tantrum so I took away swimming time and tablets for both kids. When mom gets angry. Everyone loses!!!!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

It always does Frank! :lol:
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Festivals is CANCELED because Michael tongue in cheek took shots at my mare.

It’s like when Keira has a tantrum so I took away swimming time and tablets for both kids. When mom gets angry. Everyone loses!!!!!!
*ducking to avoid the revolution*
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Michael Looker wrote: 3 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago And Michael...thank you for volunteering to be our target while we wait out the hours to Festivus.
Anytime, Nick. Glad I could help.

Though I must say I'm disappointed I haven't gotten more of a reaction to the last line of my last post. I thought we'd be on Page 4 by now. Maybe I just got eyerolls instead of indignation, which to be fair is probably the right response.
I thought I'd get more pushback about the horse-balls thing, but I guess everyone's just in an amenable mood this break? 😂
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Rather nice as opposed to some of the nastiness, isn’t it Laura?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
Michael Looker wrote: 3 years ago
Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago And Michael...thank you for volunteering to be our target while we wait out the hours to Festivus.
Anytime, Nick. Glad I could help.

Though I must say I'm disappointed I haven't gotten more of a reaction to the last line of my last post. I thought we'd be on Page 4 by now. Maybe I just got eyerolls instead of indignation, which to be fair is probably the right response.
I thought I'd get more pushback about the horse-balls thing, but I guess everyone's just in an amenable mood this break? 😂
I think Laura has horse balls on the mind. This is the second forums topic she has mentioned it in the last 48 hours!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

It's getting teste around here.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Festivals is CANCELED because Michael tongue in cheek took shots at my mare.

DON’T MAKE ME CRY LIKE A TODDLER! I’LL DO IT
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I have ear plugs
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago

DON’T MAKE ME CRY LIKE A TODDLER! I’LL DO IT
Em’s gonna get war flashbacks when she reads this
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago It's getting teste around here.
Hahahaha
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I agree with Pete that there is a fine line. But I'll never understand people who are are cool with/excited to be mediocre. Sorry but I"m not gonna be giddy over winning a $10k claimer( at my stage in the game that is). lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 3 years ago Simple!

Placing your horse where it has the best chance of winning!

If it runs second, it lost the race!

Contrary opinions are more than welcome :)
The late great NASCAR driver, Dale Earnhardt use to say, "Second place is just the first place loser".

-----------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago Disagree. I'd rather have my horses run in a prestigious race where I believe they can do well than in a lower tier race. Of course, every case is different. But to each their own! ;)
I did this with Roughian...putting her in with the boys all year trying to win the most prestigious races. I did think she had a good shot at them - but the results were just 2 wins, and a lot of 2nd place finishes. She ?maybe could have entered just filly and mare G1's, won most of them, but earned a lot less money, it also cost her some Simmy nominations, especially with her 3rd place finish in the Filly and Mare Turf. All things considered, I kind of like the money though...lol, and she got kudos even when she failed to win...the effort she put in was admirable to most folks.

I'm just surprised she wasn't included in the best Older North Amercian Male Simmy nominations.. :lol:

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000