Barrier Trials

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Barrier Trials

Post by Darcy McBride »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago And are these races kept in the horse's history as if he were a workout?

What I don't know yet is this for a 2 year old?

For example, a DR when they could participate, and at what distance would these competitions be for them, and for Sprinter, what date would the race openings be?
Yes, they are for 2 yr olds, or 3 yr olds + older that may need a barrier trial.

There are also barrier trials for mixers as well.

They are open now, David. Sprinters - 3f. Milers - 4f. Routers = 5f. These are the recommended distances, but you can technically run in anything you want.

There will be a record under each horse's page. Hope this helps!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

There will also be a record in your workouts for barrier trials.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Madelene Gilbert wrote: 3 years ago @Steward
I'm assuming the GP cost will be deducted like stakes fees and hit your account at results time. However, what happens if you don't have the GPs in your account to cover the entry fees? Will the horse be scratched at the last second?

Small ask: Is it possible to have "pending" GP transactions? That way you don't run the risk of overspending your GPs. For example, my account says 9k GPs but I have 4 horses entered in Barrier Trials. I'd rather see a 7k GP balance with 2k in "pending" transactions (that show up under Undo Actions). Then I don't have to worry about how many horses I have entered in trials and I'm not shocked at my balance when results hit.
Entry fees, both stakes and Barrier Trials GPS are now charged 24 hours before the race. If you don’t have enough funds, you will be scratched then rather than on race day.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

The Admin wrote: 3 years ago There will also be a record in your workouts for barrier trials.
Thank you very much Darcy, until today I come to read your comment :)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Sorry if this has been asked before....

I understand they are training events, but accessed via the race entering page. Does a horse need named before entering, and if so, can it still be renamed after a barrier trial, or is its name now set because it has a run event that had an order of finish.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

anyone know if there is a link where you can see the results of these trainings, if there is a site with the best top 50 records of the Barrier Trials

I would like to see the training completed, I do not know if there will be any filter, or they will place it in the search engine of the recent results of that training

and it is very pleasant that these training sessions are on Sundays

That is why it could be seen as the 7th day of competitions, I would also like to know at what time all the training runs, I do not know if they follow the order of each continent like the normal races. :P
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago Sorry if this has been asked before....

I understand they are training events, but accessed via the race entering page. Does a horse need named before entering, and if so, can it still be renamed after a barrier trial, or is its name now set because it has a run event that had an order of finish.

Stormy
Yes, entering a horse in a barrier trial race requires that it be named. It can’t be renamed after it has run in a barrier trial.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Sorry to rehash this thread, but are we going to get speed figures for barrier trials? Or just the times? And also, how come the times are sooo much slower (e.g. I have a filly who has worked sub 58 on 5f turf but ran 1:01.52 in a 5f trial)?
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Things that make you go "hmm."
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Well at least I can say I tried it, but not sure if I'm going to be sticking to it if my freaks finish last beaten by 12+ lengths.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

As a new player learning the ways I am not more confused by what seems to be a broken system. Either workouts or barrier trials, which i do understand are new, but still. In my opinion, not worth the 500gp yet
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Well at least I can say I tried it, but not sure if I'm going to be sticking to it if my freaks finish last beaten by 12+ lengths.
Agreed; this is a really excellent tool for horses to get fit, and I'll definitely use it again for that purpose, but this doesn't appear to be indicative of ability at all from what I've seen.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Yea to be honest it could easily be a one click training tool like galloping or swimming your horse rather than running it like a race, since the data it provides seems pretty useless.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I am confused at how a horse can work 2 seconds faster than it ran in the race? Did these run like normal sprint races? Needless to say, my horses did awful and I feel like it probably hurt their confidence more than helped it?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Dom Behan
Turf Router

Post by Dom Behan »

4secs slower than 5f home gallop :shock: ? ? Ran 7 and each was a mile off previous times, hope fitness and/or experience are out of this world :lol: