Barrier Trials

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Barrier Trials

Post by Rochelle Bos »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 3 years ago
Geoff Roberts wrote: 3 years ago
i'm not sure what was actually said trials would be for, but i'm not convinced that gaining knowledge was the intention of these trials. One wise person in the recent Q & A with the steward, asked if the original purpose of GP had changed. The steward replied something like, "no, GP are intended to help people find out stuff faster, that hasnt changed", so GP are intended to gain knowledge about equip etc.
However it is clear from the dozens of confused comments here, that nobody is learning much at all from trials. It is pretty clear the real intention of the trials is to wipe out negative confidence. Wiping out bad confidence is nothing to do with learning information by any stretch of the imagination, it is only about gaining an advantage. so the gap between people who buy GP to use on trials or anything else, and those who do not, just got even wider.
Barrier Trials boost confidence, gain fitness, give experience, and count as a workout. For that alone they are certainly more than about gaining an advantage. As you can currently buy 1,000 GP on the exchange for S$4,000 even players who don't pay the SIM can easily access a barrier trial or two for their horses. I honestly don't care if my 2yo router walks the 5f distance of a barrier run. I don't want them mature enough to tear up the track W1 anyway. The gain all the same benefits from running last as the do first. So who cares if we get places or times. AND now you get to check with the jockey too.
Geoff Roberts wrote: 3 years ago I do hope this game is not going to develop into "pay to win or lose" as i have walked away from so many games where it is obvious i have little or no chance to compete on anything like a level playing field. I know the game needs to make money but i think there could be others ways to get it. SIMperior players already get a massive advantage from fatigueless shipping alone plus other benefits, now they, and anyone else using trials,need never have confidence problems. Most of my horses i picked up from other players who gave up on them, so i have a barn full of low confidence horses i expect, so how do i compete now.
Just adding on ways for GP buyers to get an advantage isn't a good way to go, unless you only want GP buyers to play, or intend to split the game into 2 divisions, i.e those who pay and those who do not. I'd really prefer not to have to walk away from this game, it's a really good game :(
1. First class shipping is available without SIMperior. I have SIMperior and only use it for my late shippers. So not an advantage. You can use it too.
2. It's not that difficult to find a race with 0 entries. A horse will earn confidence from a walkover too. Doesn't matter if it's the wrong distance/surface.
3. As long as The Steward owns the game, it's never going to be a pay to win or lose game. Period.
:shock: I want that offer of 1000 GPs for 4K :P
Make one 🤷‍♀️ Someone might take you up on it
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Echoing a thank you to the team for the late night fix!
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 3 years ago
Barrier Trials boost confidence, gain fitness, give experience, and count as a workout. For that alone they are certainly more than about gaining an advantage. As you can currently buy 1,000 GP on the exchange for S$4,000 even players who don't pay the SIM can easily access a barrier trial or two for their horses. I honestly don't care if my 2yo router walks the 5f distance of a barrier run. I don't want them mature enough to tear up the track W1 anyway. The gain all the same benefits from running last as the do first. So who cares if we get places or times. AND now you get to check with the jockey too.

1. First class shipping is available without SIMperior. I have SIMperior and only use it for my late shippers. So not an advantage. You can use it too.
2. It's not that difficult to find a race with 0 entries. A horse will earn confidence from a walkover too. Doesn't matter if it's the wrong distance/surface.
3. As long as The Steward owns the game, it's never going to be a pay to win or lose game. Period.
:P if it would be a great help to get 10,000 GPs for 40k, or 1000 GPs for 4k, that's why I would like to see that offer to buy them :D
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

in short, the confidence, the fit, and the condition are received by all the participants

but the winner shows her future quality as a runner.

If a Freak comes first, it means that he will be a good runner.

but if he arrives last he lost that investment because it will only be a Freak label, but his future will be claimer

it is what can be understood according to the opinions of the group
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I don’t think it’s true that running last in a trial means your freak is going to be a future claimer. There’s a lot of variables such are the possibility they are a late bloomer, the time of year (aka pre and post week 9), the fitness level of the horse, colts and fillies can be in the same trials etc etc.

And Laura is right. You’ve always been able to use GPs to artificially boost confidence with very specific races. I’ve done it at least twice a year since GP sponsorship became a thing.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
Fern Thompson wrote: 3 years ago I agree, Dave. I won't be doing it again. I've wasted far too much real money on game points for nothing. Absolutely nothing. I still don't have enough to get the right equipment, which I think should be done differently. Why can't the equipment be known after six tries, five tries, or whatever? I always use the trainer to get the first piece, but the second piece often requires tons of patience that I don't have. Once again, you have to be a millionaire to really exceed in this game and get extra advantages. "Pay to win or lose?" Well, that is certainly something to consider.
Time for some thoughtful re-evaluation....
Even if you've tried six different, incorrect equip combos, you can get the confirmed correct equipment for $5k after the horse's sixth start. :) So you don't even have to spend the GPs to pay the trainer if you're willing to use workout times to guesstimate equipment for the first couple starts.
I spend GPs to find equip for maybe 5% of my barn, if that, and the rest is done using workouts and Ask the Jockey. I firmly believe that this is a totally viable way to do things.

For the people who think this was a waste of game points, I again have to ask why? Your horse got a fitness, experience and confidence boost. What else were you hoping for? Now that it's "fixed", and the results are as intended, if you were using the trials to assess your horse's relative quality, well, you got it, so...

well, about the pieces of equipment it is somewhat complex.

If you use the 11 workouts, you will have a result of 1, or 2 pieces, you must still do one more workout to see the result of the 2 pieces, and even then it could be wrong

I have a claimer with the 11 worksouts, where only one stood out from the others, and others were very close

It has 5 races with different wheels, and I still do not have the real one, I have not bought the part with the GPs, since it is a claimer, and to spend 500 GPs, you have to have many GPs, to invest them

and I don't think he will spend the 5k after his 6th competition either

I like to buy the pieces of equipment and have the answer, but it has become very difficult to get the second piece of equipment with gallops, more than 10 attempts, and it does not appear

I do not know if it is better to place one that says get the complete kid of the pieces of equipment for 750 GPs, and the traditional 500 GPs for knowing if it has 1, or 2 pieces.

I think that when paying the 500 GPs, it is so that it is easier to get the exact pieces, either 1 or 2.

to my liking if I have GPs, I will use them to look for the pieces of equipment, I like to do workouts with your exact piece, be it 1 or 2

certainly my horses productive, solid, and claimer will do his full check to him during the 12 weeks to know if I have obtained the exact pieces, and after the race ask the Jockey

There are players who do not like to spend the 500 GPs, prefer the 12 workouts, I prefer to spend it, of course as long as I can get a GP offer, for $ sim, and have money in the account to buy them

In my opinion, everything GPs have to spend should be easier for those who pay the service.

I think that more than 10 gallops to get the 2 piece is too much, or paying more than 5k in the vet's office is to continue investing to get a result, that without speaking when it tells you that you need bandages Gooooooooddddddddd causes running away

On what Dave says, there is a lot of emphasis on them, not everyone can spend on GPs, not everyone can use all the tools.

I am clear that this is no one's problem, everyone has what they can, or deserve

sometimes real life is very true in the game, in some things, in others they may be somewhat far
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago I don’t think it’s true that running last in a trial means your freak is going to be a future claimer. There’s a lot of variables such are the possibility they are a late bloomer, the time of year (aka pre and post week 9), the fitness level of the horse, colts and fillies can be in the same trials etc etc.

And Laura is right. You’ve always been able to use GPs to artificially boost confidence with very specific races. I’ve done it at least twice a year since GP sponsorship became a thing.
but my theory is not very far from the truth cleo, when there are Stakes, and even Freak who do not win many competitions, and who always failed, there could be that kind of result

there are many testimonies in various divisions where they have said that his mostrou could not win more than 2 races, in his entire life

In addition, I think that there is also an article where Steward says that there are horses that in one exercise are very bad, but on competition day they transform, and others can be very good in exercises, and in competition they fail.

I think that everything is connected, in the game, there can be many answers with so many results
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago I don’t think it’s true that running last in a trial means your freak is going to be a future claimer. There’s a lot of variables such are the possibility they are a late bloomer, the time of year (aka pre and post week 9), the fitness level of the horse, colts and fillies can be in the same trials etc etc.
Agreed. I'll also note if there are six freaks in a six horse field, someone's still got to finish last. Once they hit the track, there will be more opportunities so that until you get to the Steward's Cup, it's possible to space out a little better.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

:P if it would be a great help to get 10,000 GPs for 40k, or 1000 GPs for 4k, that's why I would like to see that offer to buy them :D
Well 40k S$ for 10K GP seems less likely. Some people will buy lower ones to be nice.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Well 40k S$ for 10K GP seems less likely. Some people will buy lower ones to be nice.
if the proportion of 10 times will be able to buy the 1000 GPs for 4k :)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago

But there is still the chance your horse can be beaten and not gain confidence. Not every horse in the sponsored race gains confidence.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

I think this should be adjusted so that all the participants, gain confidence, acquire condition, confirm the pieces of equipment, and reveal the quality of the race in the future, that is, if they run 6 Freak, of course one will have to come in last place, but in the odern in which it arrives declares the quality of each one at the end, in addition it could be added if the horse is a leader, or he likes they run in the middle of the group, oh he prefers to be at the end

All this information would be of great help for both the horse and the owner to know everything exactly about their prospect.

I think that if a horse is beaten, when defeated by the other participants, it would not make sense, with this it seeks to improve the horse's aptitude, and that it can meet all its needs in a short time.

if he is hit, then it would be a common race, but without awards

pay 500 GPs, so that your horse is hurt, it can't be possible, it's out of context

it is simply my opinion, it is not a criticism of other opinions

I would like that this type of exercises, leave the horse ready in all its fullness, emotional, corective physics (pieces of equipment), and know where he likes to be placed in the race leading, in the background, or at the end

there the 500 GPs would be more than excellently invested

everyone wins in the end

and to know everything about the horse a report with the details is generated, about all the true qualities of the horse
Fern Thompson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Fern Thompson »

David, you sound so familiar. You remind me of someone who was here not too long ago....
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago I think this should be adjusted so that all the participants, gain confidence, acquire condition, confirm the pieces of equipment, and reveal the quality of the race in the future, that is, if they run 6 Freak, of course one will have to come in last place, but in the odern in which it arrives declares the quality of each one at the end, in addition it could be added if the horse is a leader, or he likes they run in the middle of the group, oh he prefers to be at the end

All this information would be of great help for both the horse and the owner to know everything exactly about their prospect.

I think that if a horse is beaten, when defeated by the other participants, it would not make sense, with this it seeks to improve the horse's aptitude, and that it can meet all its needs in a short time.

pay 500 GPs, so that your horse is hurt, it can't be possible, it's out of context

I would like that this type of exercises, leave the horse ready in all its fullness, emotional, corective physics (pieces of equipment), and know where he likes to be placed in the race leading, in the background, or at the end

everyone wins in the end

and to know everything about the horse a report with the details is generated, about all the true qualities of the horse
So for 500 GP you want all the information about a horse handed to you on a plate plus a confidence boost.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago
David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago I think this should be adjusted so that all the participants, gain confidence, acquire condition, confirm the pieces of equipment, and reveal the quality of the race in the future, that is, if they run 6 Freak, of course one will have to come in last place, but in the odern in which it arrives declares the quality of each one at the end, in addition it could be added if the horse is a leader, or he likes they run in the middle of the group, oh he prefers to be at the end

everyone wins in the end

So for 500 GP you want all the information about a horse handed to you on a plate plus a confidence boost.