Barrier Trials

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Barrier Trials

Post by Andrew James »

viewtopic.php?f=20&p=418637#p418637

"Barrier Trials

Barrier Trials are a brand new way to get racing experience for your horse. For 500 Game Points per entry, these mini-races pit player's young horses against each other to gain fitness and experience without endlessly galloping. They have a maximum of 6 horses per race, and do NOT alter the horse's statistics (for instance, barrier trial winners don't become non-maidens or have an official start under their belt).

Why should I give my horse a trial?
Barrier trials are neat because they allow all horses to get nearly all the way fit or all the way fit without getting as tired as a regular race. They can count towards your two required workouts before your debut if interested, and even routers can begin to strut their stuff early!! So, barrier trials give: Fitness, racing experience, and confidence. And losses don't really "do" anything to a horse, as they still gain the fitness, the racing experience, a boost of confidence no matter what, and it doesn't affect their start statistics. You can fiddle with equipment, too!

Real Life Example
The great mare Winx often ran in barrier trials, and lost, despite her 30+ consecutive win streak. She was just using them as a fitness booster, and it definitely worked!"

TAKE ALL MY MONEY!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Barrier Trials

Post by Danny Derby »

@The Steward

Will Barrier Trials make a horse more fit than the existing tools, or is it just another option we have to do it?
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Does it give them gallop jumps? Like those that need 1 start to improve?
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago @The Steward

Will Barrier Trials make a horse more fit than the existing tools, or is it just another option we have to do it?
More fit than existing tools, just below a race.... tried to convey that in the post but I will try harder.
ETA - I mean, not more fit than is POSSIBLE, but more fit than a SINGLE gallop.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Also wondering about fatigue. If I give a horse that's been racing (or training) a barrier trial does tiredness acrue?
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago Also wondering about fatigue. If I give a horse that's been racing (or training) a barrier trial does tiredness acrue?
It was said in the calls that it would be almost as much fatigue as a race race
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Will a barrier trial show in the history, and will that trial result be available for anyone to see?
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago Also wondering about fatigue. If I give a horse that's been racing (or training) a barrier trial does tiredness acrue?
It was said in the calls that it would be almost as much fatigue as a race race
Awesome, thanks Rochelle.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago Does it give them gallop jumps? Like those that need 1 start to improve?
This is what I wanna know, too!
I have a stable full of cats
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Regina Moore wrote: 3 years ago Will a barrier trial show in the history, and will that trial result be available for anyone to see?
Yes and yes, because trials are open like races so they will be displayed with charts like races.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago Does it give them gallop jumps? Like those that need 1 start to improve?
No, that's still a real racing thing.
Willowcreek Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Willowcreek Farms »

What is meant by routers being able to strut their stuff earlier? You mean running against others in a trial or entering sooner? I assume you mean work in a trial, just want clarification.
Cheers, Carsten
“ A lot of it is out of your hands and the more you do this the more you realize this."
-Chad Brown
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Willowcreek Farms wrote: 3 years ago What is meant by routers being able to strut their stuff earlier? You mean running against others in a trial or entering sooner? I assume you mean work in a trial, just want clarification.
Cheers, Carsten
They can "race" in a trial earlier than Week 10.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I can see this being so very useful. Will Barrier Trials be listed under training or racing?
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

And are these races kept in the horse's history as if he were a workout?

What I don't know yet is this for a 2 year old?

For example, a DR when they could participate, and at what distance would these competitions be for them, and for Sprinter, what date would the race openings be?