So, who is gonna trial Milers/Routers W1?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

So, who is gonna trial Milers/Routers W1?

Post by The Steward »

Can't wait to see some of those 100 speed figure babies in Barrier Trials over 5 furlongs this week!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: So, who is gonna trial Milers/Routers W1?

Post by Carole Hanson »

I'm trialing a router week 2, not a 100 speed figure horse though haha!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I just galloped mine but I have a few new older freaks that I'd love to 'boost confidence' with!

I had a 6 year old turf router upgrade to freak status so he will need it lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I may or may not have 9 entries in week 1 :lol:
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I generally don't have any issues having my horses fully fit for their first start, so going to pass on them.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’m trying out a couple of 3 year olds waiting for much longer races to keep them fit. Rather handy, but in the future will they be available on other continents?
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Week 2 or 3 for me?
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

Maybe you mentioned it somewhere, but how long will the barrier trials be available? I'm trying to decide how to plan my training program and have a few that I would like to send to the barrier trials, but don't want to completely miss the chance if I procrastinate on entering them. Thx!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I'm trying to grasp how this works. I thought the idea was that a single player races his or her own horses against each other, for all the benefits, per the FAQ. But now it looks as many as six players can enter a horse is a single barrier trial.

To quote the FAQ:
"For 500 Game Points per entry, these mini-races pit player's young horses against each other"

I bolded player's because I think the apostrophe needs to be moved to after the s, if multiple players can participate in the same race.

For that matter, is there a limit to how many horses a single player can enter in these races? It looks like two, because I have two horses in a trial and can't enter any more.

We also need a field added on the Search page to filter for trial races.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Regina Moore wrote: 3 years ago I'm trying to grasp how this works. I thought the idea was that a single player races his or her own horses against each other, for all the benefits, per the FAQ. But now it looks as many as six players can enter a horse is a single barrier trial.

To quote the FAQ:
"For 500 Game Points per entry, these mini-races pit player's young horses against each other"

I bolded player's because I think the apostrophe needs to be moved to after the s, if multiple players can participate in the same race.

For that matter, is there a limit to how many horses a single player can enter in these races? It looks like two, because I have two horses in a trial and can't enter any more.

I'll update the apostrophe right now. Yes, the limit is two per race (it's like a race).

The search page has had a filter since before the rest went live - it's under "Type" (like flat, bumper, steeplechase, and now barrier trial).
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Is it ideally meant to be like workout distances? So 3f for sprinters, 4f for milers, and 5f for routers? I know you can enter whichever one you like but is that where the idea comes from, basically a workout in company?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Is it ideally meant to be like workout distances? So 3f for sprinters, 4f for milers, and 5f for routers? I know you can enter whichever one you like but is that where the idea comes from, basically a workout in company?
Yep! You got it.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Regina Moore wrote: 3 years ago I'm trying to grasp how this works. I thought the idea was that a single player races his or her own horses against each other, for all the benefits, per the FAQ. But now it looks as many as six players can enter a horse is a single barrier trial.

To quote the FAQ:

I'll update the apostrophe right now. Yes, the limit is two per race (it's like a race).

The search page has had a filter since before the rest went live - it's under "Type" (like flat, bumper, steeplechase, and now barrier trial).
2 horses per player per race with a max of 6 entries doesn't leave room for everyone to participate =( the 5F Dirt trial is maxed from what i saw.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

They split like regular races, just keep entering.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago They split like regular races, just keep entering.
how many are required for a split? 7?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA