So, who is gonna trial Milers/Routers W1?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: So, who is gonna trial Milers/Routers W1?

Post by Carole Hanson »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Is it ideally meant to be like workout distances? So 3f for sprinters, 4f for milers, and 5f for routers? I know you can enter whichever one you like but is that where the idea comes from, basically a workout in company?
Yep! You got it.
Credit to Pete Vella for figuring it out ;)
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Can we create Barrier races for horses that are not in the States? I want to run certain 1 yr olds to see where they stand, but some are in other countries but they do not have barrier races nearby.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 3 years ago Can we create Barrier races for horses that are not in the States? I want to run certain 1 yr olds to see where they stand, but some are in other countries but they do not have barrier races nearby.
It actually doesn't work to be in other countries yet (it's about how we use circuits and time...) but we will work on it. No guarantees on a date.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Okay, no worries. Thanks.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Don't want what follows to come across as a complaint, I still like it and will definitely use it, just not as much as I'd anticapted.

I was picturing this more like Regina Moore, as a Training Barn concept as opposed to a racing barn concept. While the confidence and additional benefits are great I was thinking the main benefit would be to help me "order" my horses and determine who was going in claiming races and who was not. As a training barn concept I also anticipated the scheduling to be flexible.

Will just have to do some mental adjustments on how to use it now. Still excited!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago Don't want what follows to come across as a complaint, I still like it and will definitely use it, just not as much as I'd anticapted.

I was picturing this more like Regina Moore, as a Training Barn concept as opposed to a racing barn concept. While the confidence and additional benefits are great I was thinking the main benefit would be to help me "order" my horses and determine who was going in claiming races and who was not. As a training barn concept I also anticipated the scheduling to be flexible.

Will just have to do some mental adjustments on how to use it now. Still excited!
Yea this is what I thought it was going to be as well. Now I will probably use it once and thats it cus I don't want to * up my schedules and workouts work just fine for me otherwise.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Is the recovery time the same as it would be for a timed workout?
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Apparently it’s just a little less than a race
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Apparently it’s just a little less than a race
More fitness with the need for less training?

Who couldn't like that?

Plus the benefit of competition experience.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago It actually doesn't work to be in other countries yet (it's about how we use circuits and time...) but we will work on it. No guarantees on a date.
Are we able to move the harness trials to the East coast somewhere? I keep my Sbreds in Kentucky because all of the North American tracks - bar Harness Expo - are within 600mi while Harness Expo is closer to 2000mi away. But the trials are at Harness Expo.

I suppose with first class shipping it doesn't matter all that much to the horses with respect to tiredness, and it makes bugger-all difference to the bank balance. I just have a "Don't race at Harness Expo unless necessary" mindset that's probably a bit outdated nowadays.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I Put mine all over the place wherever there was room so milers at 3f and routers at a mile
did not really enter ny sprinters
so all mine at 3 are milers most likely
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 3 years ago I Put mine all over the place wherever there was room so milers at 3f and routers at a mile
the the purposes of the 3F trials was to simulate a 3f workout. It was catered to sprinters and coded that way.
Your milers should be in the 4f trials.

no matter what they will still run, but the results will be very misleading since they are not going to be running in their preferred miler trial distance.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

no worrries it is not like I put the best at 3 furrlongs
it was just to get the somewhat weaker ones fit not so worried about results
Glenn Larson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Glenn Larson »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 3 years ago I Put mine all over the place wherever there was room so milers at 3f and routers at a mile
the the purposes of the 3F trials was to simulate a 3f workout. It was catered to sprinters and coded that way.

no matter what they will still run, but the results will be very misleading since they are not going to be running in their preferred miler trial distance.

At the same time, running at the "wrong" distance might give you an idea of your horses ability at other distances and still gives the fitness benefit
Glenn Larson
Stallion Rosters

Thoroughbred Stallions

Mixer Stallions
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Glenn Larson wrote: 3 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago

At the same time, running at the "wrong" distance might give you an idea of your horses ability at other distances and still gives the fitness benefit
did think of that, good point =)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA