Unpredictable Mares

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Unpredictable Mares

Post by Gwayne's World »

Anyone have any success stories breeding these?

Thoroughbreds. Specifically dirt routers.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Re: Unpredictable Mares

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I have had some minor success storries with unprredictable maress but never in dr because drs re impossible and theey s.......
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

For dirt routers, I raced Mayangelsleadyouin for the Steward, and got to breed her first foal. That mare retired with an unpredictable rating, and I sent her to Mint, and got Harmonize, who went on to win the Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies. She was a stakes as a yearling and at the beginning of her 2yo year, but improved to freak. I've had others produce stakes, but nothing at Harmonize's level.

In dirt sprinting, Lightning retired unpredictable, but produced freaks Storm and Thunder for me, and stakes gallop Survivor for the Steward.

In turf routing, Reggie Wayne, dam of Deputy Governor, was an unpredictable mare, and Ara had Alix von Hessen, who, despite her unpredictable rating, tossed out G1 winner after G1 winner.

In turf sprinting, Terminal City's dam was unpredictable, and Message in a Dream is out of a mare who "doesn't have any potential."

The short answer is, a lot of times unpredictable doesn't pan out, but it can. I tend to give better bred mares, especially if they performed on the track, a chance or two if they are unpredictable to show what they can do. I usually pension the unpredictable mares that are not bred that well and didn't perform on the track.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

In TR, I had Humourous Lady was unpredictable and she gave me Jabberwocky.

If the mare has consistent hypos, I’ll give them a try. I’ve observed a lot of old time trainers will take a chance on 2-3 foals before culling. Mmm, it is that culling time of year, lol.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

I had a wonderful 'may produce a good runner once in awhile' AW route mare that gave me two millionaires, named ' Feathered Friend'. I bred her, she was a so-so runner who was claimed from me, the new owner gave her to AJ and I bought her back because I liked her name and AJ horses were cheap then.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Good thing you kept track of her Pepper, well done!
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

I'm 99% sure I remember someone saying Distant Dream's dam was unpredictable.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

My reason for bringing up this subject, is because I misread my mare's pedigree by one generation!

She hypo'd well enough but ... ?

Maybe I'll luck out???
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

One way to find out! Good Luck, Gwayne, maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Peace on Earth (TR) had the "good" rating and produced one freak, 3 stakes and 3 allowance out of a total of 11 foals.
I'm just here for the fun of it