Year 56 Goals

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Year 56 Goals

Post by The Harlequins »

Dont name a foal till festivous......just beginning to pratcice those words :lol:

Then wait till workout times :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Dont name a foal till festivous......just beginning to pratcice those words :lol:

Then wait till workout times :lol:
This is a goal I’ll never be able to achieve hahaha especially since I tend to name the foals of my favourite mares as they are born 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago As cool as winning the Derby (and summarily being included in the trainer and breeder of the year ballots) was last year, I was slightly disappointed with some of my other stats, particularly win % and average earnings per start. I know part of that was I races more horses than I ever had before, and I entered way more grade 1s than ever before, so that explains that.

I guess I kinda have three or four goals

1. Get my win% back above 30, preferably even like 35. (As an aside, get my AEPS closer to what it was for the couple of years before last)
2. I want to set a new personal best for most grade 1s won in a season. So far my best in a season is 6. I have more freaks and stakes than I have ever had in my stable, so it seems like that should be doable, except I only ended up with four last year!
3. Actually win a grade 1 turf route race. Despite having some really nice turf routers, they kinda choked in the big races last year, with Kitty Kitty Kitten having 2nds and 3rds in big races before stinking it up in the stewards cup.

Yes, these are all lofty goals, but I feel like with as ridiculous as my racing barn is right now that NOT having such lofty goals would be an insult to what I have.
1. My current win% is at 37.4 (38.7% when limited to TBs). Even though I'm sure it'll go down week 16 with all the big races, it seems like I'll meet this goal.

2. I'm at 5 grade 1 wins in the season, which means I need one more to tie my personal best season, and two to set a new personal best. Unfortunately, my only grade 1s left this season are the Arc de Triomphe and a gaggle of Steward's Cup races, so I'm not really optimistic on this goal. It'll be super hard for sure!

3. Cat From Outer Space won the Louisville Bunburette this year, so this goal was met!
I have a stable full of cats
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Pretty funny looking back at this, because nothing this year worked out for me at all, in fact my stats have continually gotten worse for 5 years now, lol.

But hey, that's the way it is sometimes, got distracted by real life and had some bad luck, guess sometimes things have to go downhill so you can eventually enjoy the rise again? :lol:
I hope being away for a few months next year will help me readjust my focus, and I think I have actually aquired a few nice broodmare prospects by now, and of course Utopia, who could be an exciting racehorse :)

So, I hope the end of the year works out well for everyone and that everyone keeps a positive attitude going into the new year :)
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

Alyssa Lapa wrote: 3 years ago Y55 wasn't a total loss for me but I do have a few goals that I am hoping to achieve this season.

- I would like to get my first graded stakes preferably a G1, but I'll be happy at any level. (May not happen but I have a couple that may prove me wrong this season)
- Get better at reading race cards to make sure I'm putting horses in the right races.
- Get my OTB to 40% this year and my win% to 10.
- Write more Stallion Reviews... and get my article income to $100,000
- Breed a homebred freak
I am 1% away from achieving my win% goal of 10% and 2.1% away from my OTB percentage goal of 40%.

Two weeks left, maybe I will reach both goals before the end of Y56. :D

Now that gallops are being changed I want to update the goal of breeding a freak to breeding one that can pass the new threshold.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 3 years ago Learn from my mistakes.

Which will undoubtedly create a void for making new and different mistakes?

Learn more about the pedigrees of dirt routers. In order to get the most from my
limited band of broodmares.

And finally, no matter how much time and effort is spent, trying to micro manage
every detail, so much is still predicated on dumb luck!

As the saying goes, "I'd rather be lucky than good!"
At this point in Y56, not much to add to this ... ?
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago 2. I'm at 5 grade 1 wins in the season, which means I need one more to tie my personal best season, and two to set a new personal best. Unfortunately, my only grade 1s left this season are the Arc de Triomphe and a gaggle of Steward's Cup races, so I'm not really optimistic on this goal. It'll be super hard for sure!
I have a stable full of cats
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago -Win a Turf Sprint Grade 1-DONE-
-Win 3 Turf Route Grade 1’s-DONE-
-Win a Grade 1 with a 2, 3 and 4yo-DONE-
-Earn over $2.5 million-DONE-
-Win% above 20%-FAIL-
-OTB% above 55%-DONE-
-Breed a Freak and 3 Stakes (saving that for gallops next year I suppose, but breeding them this year of course so I’ll count it)
Started the year off shakily but finished with a bang! Happy with that!