A question about a Freak

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

A question about a Freak

Post by David Faulkner »

What is the best result for and Freak, and why?

Freak / Peak
Freak / Progressive
Freak / Late Bloomer

Thanks for your opinion
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: A question about a Freak

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Whatever one wins the most
yeah
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago Whatever one wins the most
I ask it is because what will be the top of its best performance

with which gallop he would be better in his career
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago

There's no way of knowing that which is why I said whichever one wins the most
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

As a yearling I would much rather have a Freak Lat Bloomer than a Freak Peek. But saying that the Freak Peak could be way more freaky than the Freak Late Bloomer when he peaks. There is no way to know until they run, but my brain likes the LB more, for whatever reason
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago

There's no way of knowing that which is why I said whichever one wins the most
I think it must have a shape since each result must have an influence on the horse in its trajectory

perhaps the pek in a Freak is that the horse will always be at its peak

progressive that goes from best to excellent

and maybe Late Bloomer that will be better in each incursion until reaching the maximum capacity

that's the idea that I'm thinking about, that's why the question

since each result must influence each horse to present, and future
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

It also depends on what races you want to win. If you are targeting the SC Juvenile you would presumably want your horse to be freak peak. Maybe even the same with the TC races since sometimes the LB wait till 4+ to become peak.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago As a yearling I would much rather have a Freak Lat Bloomer than a Freak Peek. But saying that the Freak Peak could be way more freaky than the Freak Late Bloomer when he peaks. There is no way to know until they run, but my brain likes the LB more, for whatever reason
Yes, I share that with you from LB, since it is how he has a lot to improve, that is, in a Stakes LB, there is hope that he will improve Freak

an allowance to Stakes, that's my way of judging, maybe I'm very wrong

I think the LB will always tell you that there will be improvements in your horse
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I think which is 'better' depends on how you want to campaign the horse. A dirt sprint freak peak might be the better choice if you want to win the sprint champs; if you want a Pegasus or desert winner then a late bloomer might be more likely to stay that competitive longer into their career. Progressives and Late Bloomers might also be telling you not to get frustrated with their 2yo (or even 3yo) performances and to campaign them accordingly - pick up confidence boosting lower level stakes until their speed figures start rocketing up. And also - as we've seen with horses like Get Out - there are some surprises that will keep winning big races well past when most of us would have retired. You might prefer to retire a freak yearling peak a little earlier so he/she earns more in the shed than they would on the track, and keep those yearling late bloomers racing (and checking the progress of the gallop comment) and earning longer and hold off on the shed.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago It also depends on what races you want to win. If you are targeting the SC Juvenile you would presumably want your horse to be freak peak. Maybe even the same with the TC races since sometimes the LB wait till 4+ to become peak.
I also think it makes a lot of sense, and I think that a Freak Peak will already be fully formed from birth, that is, it could be extraordinary in all competitions, another thought that I think may be true
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I think as always it depends on the horse just as much
I have had an allowance who wass peak outperform a stakes that was late bloomer

but Ihave also had a freak late bloomer 2 yea old who won everything and then peaked week 9 and lost his fist ace ever in the sc that being said that was also his fastest race even though he lost
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Gigi Gofaster wrote: 3 years ago I think which is 'better' depends on how you want to campaign the horse. A dirt sprint freak peak might be the better choice if you want to win the sprint champs; if you want a Pegasus or desert winner then a late bloomer might be more likely to stay that competitive longer into their career. Progressives and Late Bloomers might also be telling you not to get frustrated with their 2yo (or even 3yo) performances and to campaign them accordingly - pick up confidence boosting lower level stakes until their speed figures start rocketing up. And also - as we've seen with horses like Get Out - there are some surprises that will keep winning big races well past when most of us would have retired. You might prefer to retire a freak yearling peak a little earlier so he/she earns more in the shed than they would on the track, and keep those yearling late bloomers racing (and checking the progress of the gallop comment) and earning longer and hold off on the shed.
If these types of opinions I think clarify much more, the way of looking at each result, and I instead of looking for some Gr1 competition, I want rather to know how the behavior of the animal would be throughout its trajectory on the tracks
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 3 years ago I think as always it depends on the horse just as much
I have had an allowance who wass peak outperform a stakes that was late bloomer

but Ihave also had a freak late bloomer 2 yea old who won everything and then peaked week 9 and lost his fist ace ever in the sc that being said that was also his fastest race even though he lost
What a good comment, another piece of the puzzle, I think that each comment is a piece in the puzzle to have a better view of your horses

I have claimer LB, which I hope can have a great change, and be competitive in the end

and I think that is the reason that they charge $ 5000 up to 5 years of age to be able to send a horse to greener pastures, I think if they could be sent to greener pastures, from the age of one year without charging $ 5000, everyone would be there right now.

I think it is like an insurance for the stables, do not vote your LB claimer, as they can change for the better
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

David, it would depend on certain factors. For a router, I would prefer a progressive of late bloomer if it's a yearling but would be ecstatic with yearling who was a peak sprinter.

From my barn, None So Quiet galloped stakes as a yearling (before peak/progressive/late bloomer) and in his most recent gallop (midway through 4 YO season) he galloped freak/peak. On the other hand, Me in Black galloped stakes/late bloomer early in her 3 YO season (after winning the Bunburnette as a 2 YO and prior to winning the SC f&m turf as a 3 YO). I have no idea if she has improved to freak or is still a late bloomer as I haven't galloped her since.

I would hate to wait on a sprinter, I always want them to hit the ground running and retire at 4 at the latest, but I don't really do much with sprinters any longer. On the other hand, I would be equally bummed to have a router yearling who peaked as a 2 YO; the most lucrative races are usually for 3 and older. I don't even know if the router situation is possible, or if Em and the Admin have set the scale so that you don't end up with a horse that peaks before he can really get going.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 3 years ago David, it would depend on certain factors. For a router, I would prefer a progressive of late bloomer if it's a yearling but would be ecstatic with yearling who was a peak sprinter.

From my barn, None So Quiet galloped stakes as a yearling (before peak/progressive/late bloomer) and in his most recent gallop (midway through 4 YO season) he galloped freak/peak. On the other hand, Me in Black galloped stakes/late bloomer early in her 3 YO season (after winning the Bunburnette as a 2 YO and prior to winning the SC f&m turf as a 3 YO). I have no idea if she has improved to freak or is still a late bloomer as I haven't galloped her since.

I would hate to wait on a sprinter, I always want them to hit the ground running and retire at 4 at the latest, but I don't really do much with sprinters any longer. On the other hand, I would be equally bummed to have a router yearling who peaked as a 2 YO; the most lucrative races are usually for 3 and older. I don't even know if the router situation is possible, or if Em and the Admin have set the scale so that you don't end up with a horse that peaks before he can really get going.
Thanks for commenting, I think your point of view is very important

since, for me, having a Frean horse in his first year that is Peak, in my opinion it is that he will be good at 2 years, 3 years and more, since he will be at his best, because I say it, because if his best moment is at the age of 1 year, then you mean, that he has died before being born, that is to say, that his best moment of running was at the age of 1 year, which later will not work

And I think that would be very incomprehensible, because if you get a 1 year Freak, and it is Peak, it means that you have nothing, this would not make sense

now about the LB, and the Progressive

I bought In Your Eyes, in AJ she had galloped allowance LB, I bought her at the age of 2, and in week nine when I galloped her, she had jumped from allowance LB, to Stakes Progressive, that is to say that for me criterion she, even has the opportunity to climb Freak Peak, and be in her full fullness as a runner, until she is retired, is what I can have as a perspective on the changes in the gallops

so the comments so far, can strengthen my theory, and analyze the behavior of my horses

I don't know how far it is from the truth, or fiction, in what I can believe to be true, but these comments I think help a lot to clarify things