Whats The Cheapest Way To Handle.These.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Whats The Cheapest Way To Handle.These.

Post by The Harlequins »

Yearlings claimer,solid and progress, peak.

2yr old claimer, solid and progress, peak.

Frank.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: Whats The Cheapest Way To Handle.These.

Post by The Harlequins »

Forgot to add , i dont want them, and dont want to go through the rigmorole of getting fit and finding equips.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Willie Carson
Miler

Post by Willie Carson »

The unseen costs of breeding, what to do with the claimers and solid. You either bite the bullet and send to greener pastures for 5k each or give them away to a new player for Trial Park. But bear in mind they can’t run yearlings for a season so Probably best to just give the 2 year olds away.

alternatively train them for yourself to run at Alaska
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Leave them to sit until you can AJ for free. Doable if you have your own farm where you won’t pay board costs, but unless you pension them you’ll still pay horse fees. You should also gallop them sporadically on the off chance one improves. Otherwise, yeah bite the bullet and AJ for 5k. I personally wouldn’t recommend giving claimers and solids to new players for TP as it is much more competitive there now and only productives and up are going to be useful. Offloading them to a newbie would be unfair personally as they’ll cost them money in the long run when they’re trying to learn the game.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I know you don't want to run them but in my opinion that's 100% what you should be doing. As a newer player you should be doing everything you can to build your bankroll and running those lower tier horses you paid to breed is a part of that. If you don't give these horses a go you're just out a whole lot of money.
yeah
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you all for the replys ,great views on 1 issue.

I cannot give the 2 yrs old away free to new players, as Kate said ,i have just finnished there and the bar is higher than you guys may remember.

If i dont think the new players stand much of a chance making a small profit from a free horse, the way i am seeing it is ,my chance is nil.

I suppose AJ ing 4 or 5 a week might not seem expensive on a good weeks results.

Again THANK YOU
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

One way to make these lesser sorts into money makers is to use them as fillers. It can be time consuming, but a day or two before results, use these horses to fill races that have 4 or fewer horses entered. You can find stakes races that don't fill, that's where the better money is, but they will pay their way filling claiming races in Alaska as well (I find the AW races often don't fill).
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago I know you don't want to run them but in my opinion that's 100% what you should be doing. As a newer player you should be doing everything you can to build your bankroll and running those lower tier horses you paid to breed is a part of that. If you don't give these horses a go you're just out a whole lot of money.
Also a good option if you have the time to slip them into unfilled races and make money that way. Race them, and if they get claimed- win, win! Just be careful with any well bred fillies.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thanks again, yep i see that as a way to recoupe some monies.

I am only talking about 20 to 30 horses,

Cannot begin to understand how you guys with 100s of these each season wrestle with the problem.

Frank
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

The only problem now with entering those small field races is that some players now enter the day before and ship 1st class. So what seems like a 3 or 4 runner race ends up with 6 or 7 in it and you lose money.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Your best solution Frank:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=47892#p408711

The Kingswood Pensioner Program offers a wide variety of post racing career opportunities for your horses who just don’t seem to fit into the racing scene. Kingswood is always willing to provide your horses with a happy retirement home, whether they are 2 or 30, we always have a stall open for them!

How to Participate

Retire and Pension your 2yo+ horse(s) (Sorry, no yearlings can be accepted at this time)
Ship your(s) horse to any Kingswood Location (see above)
Private Offer your horse(s) to Rochelle Zahacy in-game for $0
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Thanks again, yep i see that as a way to recoupe some monies.

I am only talking about 20 to 30 horses,

Cannot begin to understand how you guys with 100s of these each season wrestle with the problem.

Frank
With many, many horses in play usually the solution is to park them at your own farm(s). Then stick them into a smart barn (or no barn at all) where you don't have to look at them from day to day, and then GP them on their 5th birthday.

Also, yeah like Pete said you can Kingswood Pension Program them.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

There's no day rate on Pensioners?
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago There's no day rate on Pensioners?
Correct
;p
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago There's no day rate on Pensioners?
Correct
So Ive been paying day rate on all these peak claimers who are just sitting around collecting dust till theyre 5 for no reason?
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time