Whats The Cheapest Way To Handle.These.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Re: Whats The Cheapest Way To Handle.These.

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Let’s give all our good horses to new players. Then the junior and up players can race claimer only races and different career demolition derby’s. Should be fun
;p
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Ignore the ‘can always improve with racing experience!’ It’s just fluff to make us think positively about our claimers and was only really valid before peak comments came in. I’d say, an at peak claimer is unlikely to ever improve enough to be competitive outside of claimers.

Can there be races were the poor unloved geldings race each other on a lowly level against each other on a level playing field claimer to claimer, to give them some sort of respect for the hope they gave in breeding them, i know that all sounds soft and soppy but leaving it in

That is known as a $500 claiming race
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I think you're trying to make the game to easy with all of these. If it becomes that easy it becomes no fun so, no offense, but I think these are really bad ideas.
yeah
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago I think you're trying to make the game too easy with all of these. If it becomes that easy it becomes no fun so, no offense, but I think these are really bad ideas.
Fixed it for you.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

All points taken on.

Yep bad idea, there does indeed have to be looses.

Thanks for the replies.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Willie Carson wrote: 3 years ago The unseen costs of breeding, what to do with the claimers and solid. You can ... give them away to a new player for Trial Park. But bear in mind they can’t run yearlings for a season so Probably best to just give the 2 year olds away.
Please don't send useless horses to newbies at TP (or recommend others do it).

Pay to AJ, or pension and pasture them (or send to Rochelle Z's Pensioner Program).

New players shouldn't be bleeding money shipping unraceable horses to tracks and making no money over and over, or paying to AJ them for you.

For people who haven't been at TP in years and don't know what the horse quality is like these days, try to send newbies horses around a SI 70 or so. The 40-50 SI horses people post on sales lists or send in PMs really struggle at TP. Novices who are in their second season have barns packed with SI 80+ horses.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Willie Carson wrote: 3 years ago The unseen costs of breeding, what to do with the claimers and solid. You can ... give them away to a new player for Trial Park. But bear in mind they can’t run yearlings for a season so Probably best to just give the 2 year olds away.
Please don't send useless horses to newbies at TP (or recommend others do it).

Pay to AJ, or pension and pasture them (or send to Rochelle Z's Pensioner Program).

New players shouldn't be bleeding money shipping unraceable horses to tracks and making no money over and over, or paying to AJ them for you.

For people who haven't been at TP in years and don't know what the horse quality is like these days, try to send newbies horses around a SI 70 or so. The 40-50 SI horses people post on sales lists or send in PMs really struggle at TP. Novices who are in their second season have barns packed with SI 80+ horses.
May want to just make it so that we can't send horses directly to new players until they're Junior players. Trial Park shouldn't be a place for stakes and allowance horses.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago May want to just make it so that we can't send horses directly to new players until they're Junior players. Trial Park shouldn't be a place for stakes and allowance horses.
I think allowance horses should go there but I at least half-agree with you on stakes gallops. But, old players could just list nicer horses on the New Player page or arrange sales on the Recommended page through chat, or whatever. Locking the game down that much would probably have a lot of negative consequences.

Still, it would be nice to bring down the quality of horses racing at TP so there's more parity between shy/solo players and those who are sociable/get connected to a strong mentor.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100