Drawing Post Position 1

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Drawing Post Position 1

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Anyone else get a sense of doom every time you get PP 1? Even if my horse wins a race from there, it's always closer than I think it should be. I have a three year old DR filly who is 4:3-0-1 with the loss from PP 1 and another who is 4:2-1-0 and was winning with 88 SFs and throws in a 70 SF fourth place finish from the 1. Tonight I have a couple of important races and several others (total 5) where the dread PP 1 is where they start. It just doesn't seem to be the ideal draw for me. How 'bout you?
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Drawing Post Position 1

Post by Carole Hanson »

If the field has more than 6 horses, it’s a worry for me. I have a few today that drew post 1 which is always eh. But drawing post 12 of 12 is just as bad for me.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Not quite as bad, but in the Pegasus Turf, a field of 14 - my mare, Roughian, got post 13.
The really nice filly, Me In Black, in on the outside rail.
Post 1, went to Yang Wenli
My other entry, Mal, caught a nice break and is in post 6, right next to the center...Moulay El Hassan

-----------
Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

As Stormy pointed out MIB got post 14 in the turf; she drew post 13 (out of 15) for the F&M turf and did well. As long as she gets a clean break, she has the speed to get around most of the field and not get pinched at the rail. It is what it is, nothing I can do about it at this point (makes a note to bribe Steward for the next race).
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I usually shudder when my horse draws the #1 PP or the far outside. Of course, if the field is small (5-6 runners) I don't worry too much.
Unfortunately, I have a runner in a Pegasus race tonight that drew the #1, and is a closer. Not very confident for this race. But, it is what it is, and that's racing.

P.S. Thermodynamic was the only horse I remember that LOVED the #1 PP. :)
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 3 years ago Anyone else get a sense of doom every time you get PP 1? Even if my horse wins a race from there, it's always closer than I think it should be. I have a three year old DR filly who is 4:3-0-1 with the loss from PP 1 and another who is 4:2-1-0 and was winning with 88 SFs and throws in a 70 SF fourth place finish from the 1. Tonight I have a couple of important races and several others (total 5) where the dread PP 1 is where they start. It just doesn't seem to be the ideal draw for me. How 'bout you?
So the results from the five races where my horses were in PP 1: A win with As People See Me but "only" a 90 SF, a second for the 4:2-1-0 (now 5:2-2-0), a sixth for the 4:3-0-1 (now 5:3-0-1) who had three previous 89 SF and raced to a 60 SF, and a fourth and seventh from the other two who had decent shots at finishing better than that. So I'm still not going to relish PP draws with the "dreaded" PP 1
*Sugar Bottom Stable