Horse Improved to Freak this year

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Horse Improved to Freak this year

Post by Carole Hanson »

He’s probably ashamed of the name. And the fact that the name will never be true since he’s a gelding, so no lady will ever moan for him :(
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

whatever you do don't settle for him
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Other than carole's theory...(lol), since gallops were adjusted and much more improvements are showing, I've found no actual improvement on the track 95% of the time with my horses. Could be just me, but I've had a lot more thoroughbreds that improved to stakes or galloped well, that showed nothing on the track to justify it since that change was made :/
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago Other than carole's theory...(lol), since gallops were adjusted and much more improvements are showing, I've found no actual improvement on the track 95% of the time with my horses. Could be just me, but I've had a lot more thoroughbreds that improved to stakes or galloped well, that showed nothing on the track to justify it since that change was made :/
I agree with you 100%. When this change first came I was so excited when about 20 of mine changed from allowance to stakes. But they are now still allowances in my mind.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

maybe move to another area.
had an 83 speed figure in the Islands when young.

sometimes i think horses are freaks/stakes/allowances and are best in a certain area.
try moving him and seeing if it works.
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago But what's even the point?

https://www.simhorseracing.com//horse.p ... ID=1097558
Yea... these are my two that I even used Barrier Trial on to put them at full fitness/confidence

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1127547

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1496161
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Re: Red Mysteries - You're kind of in a rock and a hard place. He loves 10 furlongs. Last win was there. Even pre freak he stuck close enough to some of the best in the game at that distance. Hasn't done it since. That said you obviously have others that fit the division better.

Sometimes its actually worth looking at if you are training right vs. just throwing the horse at marathons over and over trying to make him fit them when he doesn't want to.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Re: Red Mysteries - You're kind of in a rock and a hard place. He loves 10 furlongs. Last win was there. Even pre freak he stuck close enough to some of the best in the game at that distance. Hasn't done it since. That said you obviously have others that fit the division better.

Sometimes its actually worth looking at if you are training right vs. just throwing the horse at marathons over and over trying to make him fit them when he doesn't want to.
Re: Red Mysteries, I'll run a Redmayne out of a Horcrux mare at 2 miles all day without second guessing it. Also worth noting his best speed figures have been beyond 1-1/4. Even if it's not his jam, would expect a freak with a distance pedigree to perform a little better in a $50K Venezuelan Stakes.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago

Re: Red Mysteries, I'll run a Redmayne out of a Horcrux mare at 2 miles all day without second guessing it. Also worth noting his best speed figures have been beyond 1-1/4. Even if it's not his jam, would expect a freak with a distance pedigree to perform a little better in a $50K Venezuelan Stakes.
But why? If it's not his jam (which I literally just said), why should he do better in a race he doesn't want, no matter what it is? If the horses ahead of him were freak level gallopers (they were) and the distance WAS their jam (it was), why should he beat them?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Psi wants to know why he can't break his maiden as a miler freak :P

✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago Psi wants to know why he can't break his maiden as a miler freak :P

He has no excuse. He needs Bay's Punch a Horse button.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago

But why? If it's not his jam (which I literally just said), why should he do better in a race he doesn't want, no matter what it is? If the horses ahead of him were freak level gallopers (they were) and the distance WAS their jam (it was), why should he beat them?
Easy answer to that - I don't have Steward vision. If I see I'm running a Redmayne at two miles against an Allonsy and a Dynamite for example, I''ll pretty much always go in with the assumption that the Redmayne should at least prefer the distance, even if he can't overcome the talent gap.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I wish I had a freak to complain about!

I FOUND ONE!

Emily. Why can’t my new freak beat Poet’s Corner?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1167616

🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt