This horse makes me want to rip my hair out

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Re: This horse makes me want to rip my hair out

Post by T.D. Palm »

he's only 4 and he's won $700,000. He's got 8 wins in 14 starts. He;s a stakes winner. If this horse makes you tear your hair out, you should have some of my great gallopers....you'd be bald !!!!
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Tim Matthews wrote: 3 years ago
Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago running him week 5 Monday he will probably not be rested enough
Nope again, he'll probably vet perfectly week 4 day 6 or 7 at worst. People run on 1.5 week rest pretty frequently with no problems.
Would you be willing to explain a little more about this? Does this involve using First Class shipping or a stable animal, or is it 1.5 weeks rest one race and then 3 weeks rest the next race, or what?
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago running him week 5 Monday he will probably not be rested enough
Nope again, he'll probably vet perfectly week 4 day 6 or 7 at worst. People run on 1.5 week rest pretty frequently with no problems.
Would you be willing to explain a little more about this? Does this involve using First Class shipping or a stable animal, or is it 1.5 weeks rest one race and then 3 weeks rest the next race, or what?
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1219674 first class, companion animal, and a sound horse=1 week breaks
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1219674 first class, companion animal, and a sound horse=1 week breaks
until you accidentally gallop her like i just did, looks like she needs 2 weeks now
yeah
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

It’s not difficult, sometimes 3 weeks , never mind 3.5 weeks is enough to need something inbetween, walk the shedrow a couple of times , can’t hurt
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

A cool experiment, but I'd be surprised if she was running up to her full potential after those 1wk breaks, even if she's vetting well. Sure, she ran a better fig in W3 than she had previously, but she also dropped in class a touch, and I find a lot of sprinters do much better at 5f and above than they do at the super short baby distances, which I believe have their own set of numbers.

I dunno, I'm a firm believer in ample rest. The vet is great for telling you whether or not you're likely to actually break your horse, but whether or not the amount of rest is optimal from a performance standpoint? Hacklu ain't giving you that.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

As for Nevermind? Don't tear your hair out. He's fine. He's just running against some really good horses. He beats them sometimes. Other times they beat him. That'll happen.

Like I think I said before... his crop is a little weaker than the crop before, many of whom are still on the track and still kicking ass. That last out was frustrating, I get it, but it happens. I think Russia is a good choice of circuit; Africa has a handful of listed and lower-grade stakes throughout the year, too, that often don't draw terribly strong fields.

Keep at it. He's nice. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago

A cool experiment, but I'd be surprised if she was running up to her full potential after those 1wk breaks, even if she's vetting well. Sure, she ran a better fig in W3 than she had previously, but she also dropped in class a touch, and I find a lot of sprinters do much better at 5f and above than they do at the super short baby distances, which I believe have their own set of numbers.

I dunno, I'm a firm believer in ample rest. The vet is great for telling you whether or not you're likely to actually break your horse, but whether or not the amount of rest is optimal from a performance standpoint? Hacklu ain't giving you that.
Yeah I dont think she's running to her best the point is just that it can be done and I do think her last out was about the best she will ever run as a claimer gallop.
yeah
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago A cool experiment, but I'd be surprised if she was running up to her full potential after those 1wk breaks, even if she's vetting well. Sure, she ran a better fig in W3 than she had previously, but she also dropped in class a touch, and I find a lot of sprinters do much better at 5f and above than they do at the super short baby distances, which I believe have their own set of numbers.

I'm resting my horses at least as much as their gallop suggests, and more from time to time based on race availability/or tired race comments. But, it's still interesting to learn how people push/break the rules and guidelines :D.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Another option for Nevermind will be the Texas series for a confidence boost
I'm just here for the fun of it