gallop time ?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

gallop time ?

Post by The Harlequins »

Is it gallop time this weekend or as soon as the assistant trainer STOPS saying.
"I couldn't help but notice that horse is very young. We may want to wait a while before we give 'Beauty in Devon' a timed workout to help prevent injury.

Frank

"
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: gallop time ?

Post by Laura Ferguson »

You will be able to give yearlings a timed workout after this weekend's barrier trials have been run. It used to be after the Week 4, Day 6 races, but I believe with the advent of barrier trials, everything has been pushed back one day.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Thank you Laura
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago You will be able to give yearlings a timed workout after this weekend's barrier trials have been run. It used to be after the Week 4, Day 6 races, but I believe with the advent of barrier trials, everything has been pushed back one day.
I can actually distinctly remember working my yearlings early morning of week 4 day 6 (around 9am, an hour after day 6 starts, and about 12 hours before day 6 results) and I’ve never once had an issue with injuries, plus the trainer has never suggested it’s too early for a workout. So maybe barrier trials won’t affect that?
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm pretty sure there was a post somewhere, either in the forum or on the main page, that things that used to happen after Day 6 races now happen after Day 7 barrier trials. You can certainly check and see what the trainer says when you go to work yearlings on Day 6.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ahh darn that’s annoying, now I’m gonna have to shift my workout schedule from Saturday to Monday, ugh.

But thanks for the clarification.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Week 4 Day 6 has started just over 2 hours ago and Mary Weather isn’t giving a warning about yearlings so I’m gonna go ahead and work mine.

ETA: No injuries to report.
Last edited by Carole Hanson 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Same here.
"I am your assistant trainer at your service. I can give 'Black Poser' a timed workout or work her on other aspects of racing. Just choose what you want me to do and I will get right on it."
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Interesting
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ok, I’m sorry to rehash this thread again, but do barrier trials shift the time gallops change? So now it’s no longer week 8 day 6 after results but rather week 8 day 7 after barrier trial results? I ask because it looks like barrier trials didn’t actually affect workouts for yearlings so is this the same scenario when it comes to gallops?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago Ok, I’m sorry to rehash this thread again, but do barrier trials shift the time gallops change? So now it’s no longer week 8 day 6 after results but rather week 8 day 7 after barrier trial results? I ask because it looks like barrier trials didn’t actually affect workouts for yearlings so is this the same scenario when it comes to gallops?
I'm going to have to look into it (Paging Admin) because I was under the impressive workouts for yearlings would change and they clearly didn't, so I will ask.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

I am still puzzled by the added distances. Why was 5 furlongs added to arabs? Is that a workout for short routers or long sprinters?
I know I am a little off topic here in the thoroughbred racing thread.
But it would be a nice clarification if in thoroughbreds:
2,3 furlongs is for sprinters?
4 furlongs is for milers?
5,6,7 furlongs is for routers?
I just became nervous that 5 furlongs suddenly was for "long turf milers" so I decided to do all my routers on 6 furlongs this year hehe.

Paints, appys, QH was explained, but please clarify what 5f arab is? Will the Arab mile be introduced?
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 3 years ago I am still puzzled by the added distances. Why was 5 furlongs added to arabs? Is that a workout for short routers or long sprinters?
I just became nervous that 5 furlongs suddenly was for "long turf milers" so I decided to do all my routers on 6 furlongs this year hehe.

Paints, appys, QH was explained, but please clarify what 5f arab is? Will the Arab mile be introduced?
I'm not ignoring you, just in the middle of getting something up and running before I can look this up!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

Polk Buffalo wrote: 3 years ago I am still puzzled by the added distances. Why was 5 furlongs added to arabs? Is that a workout for short routers or long sprinters?

5 furlong workouts for Arabians have always been there as far I can remember.
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

Kenneth Prater wrote: 3 years ago
5 furlong workouts for Arabians have always been there as far I can remember.
I realized that just before going to sleep that this might actually be the case. I was too tired yesterday. Please ignore my last post here in the forum. 7f was added. 5f has always been there. (but I still dont know what ability it measures)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...