VETS OF THE SIM

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

VETS OF THE SIM

Post by The Harlequins »

Would you be willing to post the jockey agents comment on the jockey you use for your big races over the years if still the same jock.

As some of those jocks you had from your start must be fully arthitric by now :lol:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Re: VETS OF THE SIM

Post by Lily Wilkins »

"This jock is a true natural. Chelsea LeBlanc knows exactly where the wire is!"
This is the Jokey that has won me all of my Graded Stakes wins so far, many of them by very close margins... The Steward's Cup Distaff by a head, Emotonian by a nose, and This Race by a nose.

I don't remember exactly when I hired her, but I am glad I did! She is still my main jockey.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

My two two are "naturals" and my third-stringer is the next rank down... forget what that comment is, but he's won his share of SCs and so on as well, natural or not!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I had one jockey comment that said something like the guy rode like a sack of potatoes...so I just deleted that one.

Other jockeys I have:
-------------------
Parker Fox: A true natural, knows exactly where the wire is!
Victor Kindrick: A true natural. knows exactly where the wire is!

Kirk Ritter A pretty good jockey, definitely has some talent!
~Glenn Morgan: A pretty good jockey, definitely has some talent!

Kayla Harper: Don't count on her for photo finishes, otherwise not a problem.
~Cesar Stevens: Don't count on him for photo finishes, otherwise not a problem.
~Leo Racy: Don't count on him for photo finishes, otherwise not a problem.
----------------

I use Parker Fox the most. Kayla Harper was my first decent jockey so I used her for a long time, until after many tries, I did get Parker Fox. Then a few Sim years ago, I tried again and got Victor Kindrick. At least with those two, I know that in races were I have two entries, both are top jockeys.

I'm not sure if there is a quality difference between the comments: 'definitely has some talent' and 'otherwise not a problem' but if for some reason I did need a 3rd jockey from my list I would probably go back to Kayla Harper. However, I'm still going to try to get another 'true natural' - just in case I ever do get so lucky as to have 3 horses in a major GI race.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Please stop shouting at us :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

This jock is a true natural. Ashley Starr knows exactly where the wire is!"

"Garry Stephenson is a pretty good jockey and definitely has some talent!"

"Patrick Sparks is a pretty good jockey and definitely has some talent!"
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Please stop shouting at us :-)
This made me laugh. I have a friend that types entire emails in ALL CAPS. I cannot read them in any other way than as if he is shouting at me.

Marissa Hastings is a natural I believe Frank, my other two are one step down.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

My jock Marissa knows where the wire is!

But most of her mounts haven't a clue?

My other jockey Garry, thinks we're discussing restringing his guitar?

Fun and exciting times in my barn as you can see!
Norman Architecture
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Norman Architecture »

Frederick Dixon has won The Louisville Oaks , Louisville Derby and the Baltimore Crown , I still have him but he is my second Jockey . He is pretty bad but i can't get rid of him completely.

I wouldn't count on Frederick Dixon in any photo finishes, otherwise there shouldn't be a problem here.
Regal Farms

Home of Louisville Derby Winner BELIEVE THE HYPE , World Cup and LIC Winner WITH KIND REGARDS and SC Turf Sprint Winner SUNDAY SOUND.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

My main rider, through good and bad, Carlos Crowe, is listed as pretty good with talent. Over the years he’s won all of my big races from sprint championships to Steward’s Cup races. I’ve carried 2 other riders for entries and what not, both are also good, with talent.

This thread (and a friend) got me looking....lo and behold, Brad Donovan comes knocking looking for work. He’s my first natural rider!

So after 36 seasons on the Sim, Willow Downs is proud to present our first natural rated rider! Here’s hoping, lol.

Please note, if anyone is looking for an upgrade, Simon Hastings has been released from his contract and is listed as “a good rider with plenty of talent”
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

My jockeys are all naturals.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:shock: This is the comment of the best Jockey: This jock is a true natural. Ashley Starr knows exactly where the wire is!

and what is the 2nd comment of the 2nd best Jockey?

someone knows it please put it in the thread to know.

The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Tried to find that jock Nick, think its been snapped up :(
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Tried to find that jock Nick, think its been snapped up :(
:shock: Frank needs to invest several GPs in the jobless jockey site and try to hit one that is natural.
sure you are going to get one among them, I encourage it is better to get it in the end, than to give up :P
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:shock: I had 4 jockey I fired one
I still have a bag of potatoes, the other 2 kilograms of rice, and the last one a sweet bread hahahaha the sweet bread is A+ :P :D