No computer

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: No Edge this week

Post by The Steward »

No Edge this week because of the computer situation. When I finally get my hands on the new one, it will be so Edgy.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: No computer

Post by Darcy McBride »

I am so sorry your computer went on hiatus, to be polite. Lol. I hope you get it back soon; I imagine you are going nuts without it. I would be!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Re: No Edge this week

Post by Steve Leavitt »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago No Edge this week because of the computer situation. When I finally get my hands on the new one, it will be so Edgy.
So Edgy.

I hate to tell you that I bought a new laptop for my wife this week. She only needed it for personal use at home, but when I saw the price for the Lenovo Legion, PLUS all it offered, I couldn't resist.
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Steve Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago when I saw the price for the Lenovo Legion, PLUS all it offered, I couldn't resist.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but which model/specs?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Update: I got the old one back and am using a Bluetooth keyboard to get through the gap. Bad news, the new one doesn't come for 10 more days. What is the point of that even!?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Well, yay and um, nope. "Ten days is a generation in computer years." Powered by squirrels. jX
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad 3. $300 and this thing is so much faster than my last computer. Very happy! And the keyboard works! My last computer had about 8 or 10 keys that didn't work and forced me to use an onscreen keyboard. What a pain!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Brad Fabman wrote: 3 years ago I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad 3. $300 and this thing is so much faster than my last computer. Very happy! And the keyboard works! My last computer had about 8 or 10 keys that didn't work and forced me to use an onscreen keyboard. What a pain!
I would never be able to use a computer like that! The fury I would feel towards it would be overwhelming 🤣
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Paul Sellers wrote: 3 years ago
Steve Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago when I saw the price for the Lenovo Legion, PLUS all it offered, I couldn't resist.
Not trying to hijack the thread, but which model/specs?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-leg ... Id=6398969

Purchased from Best Buy. Sorry, Em, again, but...ordered on Thursday, delivered to the house on Friday. Really nice graphics card and the 512GB SSD really helped push it over the top in my mind. My wife is really loving it. I hope the link works for you.
Brad Fabman
Derby Contender

Post by Brad Fabman »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Brad Fabman wrote: 3 years ago I just bought a Lenovo Ideapad 3. $300 and this thing is so much faster than my last computer. Very happy! And the keyboard works! My last computer had about 8 or 10 keys that didn't work and forced me to use an onscreen keyboard. What a pain!
I would never be able to use a computer like that! The fury I would feel towards it would be overwhelming 🤣
I got used to it after awhile. I used $300 from the stimulus check. I still have $600 of it. Nowhere to go and nothing to spend it on. Welcome to Michigan! I'm really beginning to hate it here. Looking at Utah or Idaho. Maybe even South Dakota. At least the Governor there has her head on straight.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago I wonder what people did in the sixties :shock:
Now you know what combination of boredom and insanity birthed disco :D.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I got a refurbished MacBook Pro - waaayy faster than what I'd been using. It also arrived 6 days earlier than I was told at purchase - so there's some hope it will arrive sooner than you think.
I'm just here for the fun of it