My Goal For Roughian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: My Goal For Roughian

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Grade 1, Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini, with a purse of $1,500,000 was run Monday night.
It had rained, so it was on a good surface. Since Mal 'Loves Mud' - he wasn't entered into this race this year.

Roughian, who has no preferences, was entered and ran against 6 males, and finished 3rd.

Improvisational a lovely 4 year old colt bred and owned by Ryan Whitehead, was the winner by a neck over a Stewardbred 4 year old colt, Danon Glorious, who is owned by Danny Derby.
Roughian finished 1 3/4 lengths behind him and 4 lengths ahead of the 4th place horse,
One More Page, a Stewardbred 4 year old colt owned by Cleo Patra.

Congrats to Ryan on that win : ) I have to add, that I love Improvisational's headshot! His coloring is beautiful, kind of a taupe grey - I like his bold star too.

Roughian's earnings are now at $7,808,500 -- Chicago is where she'll be racing next.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I decided upon the 1 1/4 mile Chicago Million over the 1 1/8 mile filly and mares Beverly B....going to go for the bigger purse in a rather smaller field than what I've seen in million dollar races before.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1599272

Roughian got a little luck going on, in that she didn't get a rail spot, although with the small field that might not be too much of a disadvantage. She has no preference to track condition, so the small amount of rain shouldn't bother her. Next to her in the number 4 gate is Manic...who I think she has a little bit of a crush on. ;)

Mal, didn't end up in this race because he Love Dry. He raced in Europe last week and finished 3rd in the King George G1.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Not counting a barrier trial that was a walkover, Roughian has raced 4 times this year all in G1 races and all against the boys.
She finished:
3rd - The Pegasus
2nd - The Duty Free
3rd - The Gran Primio Carlos Pellegrini
and on Monday night,
2nd - The Chicago Million.

Not too bad for an old broad. ; )
I can't express how proud I am of this mare... never ever thought I would own a horse like her in the Sim.

She's on her way to Paris at the moment, and as soon as she gets there, will probably go on shoe buying spree...wanting to look all blinged out for the Arc.

This race is a bit past her comfort zone for distance, but it's the highest purse for turf routers, so I am going to give her, her shot at it and hope she comes out of it with a nice paycheck and not ruining her streak this year by not hitting the board.

I have mentioned before that I doubt she will hit that $10,000,000.... but I am hoping she can at least top Three Day Event's long held record of $8,649,000 that she's held onto for an astonishing 52 Sim Years!

If the track is dry for the Arc... Mal will probably be there too. : )

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ryan Whitehead
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Ryan Whitehead »

Rooting for you in the Arc! Good luck
Improvisational 80K
Fade to Black 50K
Moneyed 40K
Moose Knuckle 28K
Forefront 15K
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ryan Whitehead wrote: 3 years ago Rooting for you in the Arc! Good luck
Thank you, Ryan.

And Congratulations upon winning The Million last night!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Roughian finished 8th in the Arch, which was won by the 4 year old colt, LIghtout, bred and owned by Melissa Mae.
Congratulations Melissa! : )

I put her in, because...well... it's $6 million dollars and I was hoping to see a chunk of that money added to her earnings. It's the first time this year she's failed to earn any money in a race. And, she did finish ahead of 3 other male horses and according to the Steward...it wasn't a strung out field..so they hit the finish line as a nice pack.

Next step for my girl will be the Filly and Mare Turf in Texas. I was seriously thinking about entering her into the $3 Million Dollar, Arima Kinen at 1 5/16 miles. The distance in that race being shorter than the 1 1/2 Mile turf, but longer than the 1 1/8 mile Filly and Mare Turf - really tempted me, although...she would have been pitted against the males again.

Then the track turned up soggy for the SC races. My other good horse, Mal, 'Loves Dry' and I decided to put him into the Arima Kinen, rather than Roughian, and she'll probably end out her career running against her own gender for once....unless I change my mind. :P But I think the SC Turf at 1 1/2 miles is not a comfortable distance for her.

Looking forward to Week 16. I'll have 4 nice horses running in G1 stakes to finish out the year.

Extreme Ways on Day 4 in the SC Bunburette.
Rihanna, finally vetted as 'totally healthy' and will be in the Australian Oaks for 3 year old fillies.
Mal will be in the Arima Kinen
Roughian in the SC Filly and Mare Turf.

All 4 of them, btw share on their distaff side...a common ancestral dam, her name was Forgave, a daughter of Foremost.
I sometimes can't believe how unbelievably lucky I was to have such success with that line.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Well, tonight's the night... maybe...

I know I should retire her...next year she will probably drop down to allowance level....lol
I still keep thinking about topping Three Day Event's 50+ year record of $8,649,000.

If she should somehow pull off a miracle and win tonight... she retires.
IF she earns some money and falls short by just a few hundred thousand.. I think I'll race her next year...even if she's just an allowance...because I think she could earn that much in a season and break that record.
IF she can't get within a realistic reach of that goal by not earning enough, or failing to earn any money...she retires.

I think that now that purses have been slashed... it's going to take a lot of years, or even some more decades before any mare will be able to come along and top Three Day Event's record...that's been on the books since Year 5. Roughian is sooo close to it that it just makes me want to chase it down...but she's still has to be able to do well enough on the track to realistically do it.

I don't think a lower end, stakes, or even a higher end allowance type can earn much more than $200,000 or so on the track. I don't think she will run as an upper end stakes horse either after this year. I do want foals from her...but I would rather see her listed as #1 on that all time mares earnings chart, too.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Well, for about 5 seconds, tonight... I thought Roughian might win the SC Fillies and Mare Turf ... but it was not to be.
After running gamely in the front for most of the race, she was overwhelmed by the fast charging Insignia Imperalis, who won the race by a neck.

Congrats to Carole Hanson, the owner of Insignaia Imperalis : )

By finishing 2nd... Roughian failed to break Three Day Event's record as the all time female earner in this game. And, as much as I wanted to breed her to Nightmarch during break. She's only $70,500 shy of that record...so she will be running again next season as a 7 year old.

I said in chat that if she can break the record next year, that I might have some fun with her and tinker around by running her in some unusual races. My first thought being a Turf Mile : )
She's still fairly fast, loves running up front...and maybe she might have enough steam still left in her next year to succeed in a turf mile race...gate to wire it. lol.
And depending how things go, I would even maybe experiment by putting her into an All Weather Route.

But first she needs to earn that $70,500. Which I think is doable, even if she gets reduced down to an Allowance level type.
If so, hopefully she will be the kind of allowance type that is at a higher level and thus can win some non-graded on up to maybe some Grade III races. Hopefully, she will still be able to run at stakes level for a short while longer after the season starts. I did go ahead and nominate her to the Pegasus - but am probably wasting $20,000 in doing so. :P

This year, she didn't win any races, but she still earned $1,375,000 dollars, and that's certainly nothing to be ashamed of ;)

Also, to everyone who has PM'd me telling me they are still cheering Roughian on... Thank You!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ha... just came across this. : )

Year-58 Week-3 Day-1 (9pm) Hipodromo Argentino (ARG) Condition: Soft. Race 3 - 1 3/16 miles. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Roughian Stakes." 4 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Stakes. Purse $50,000 Entry Fee $500 (40 points) 0/12 entries.

I'll have to see if I have a filly that can run in it ; )

Also, I just entered her into the Pegasus:
The line up, as I type this out, looks like a bunch of old codgers ready to gain up on a brash 4 year old youngster ;)

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1634869

------------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago Ha... just came across this. : )

Year-58 Week-3 Day-1 (9pm) Hipodromo Argentino (ARG) Condition: Soft. Race 3 - 1 3/16 miles. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Roughian Stakes." 4 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Stakes. Purse $50,000 Entry Fee $500 (40 points) 0/12 entries.

I'll have to see if I have a filly that can run in it ; )

Also, I just entered her into the Pegasus:
The line up, as I type this out, looks like a bunch of old codgers ready to gain up on a brash 4 year old youngster ;)

------------
Stormy
This post made me look through stakes races for turf sprint fillies to see if Cat Named Boots got one named after her.

She didn't, but Roughian sure does! https://www.simhorseracing.com//race.php?RaceID=1669770
I have a stable full of cats
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Brian Leavitt wrote: 3 years ago
This post made me look through stakes races for turf sprint fillies to see if Cat Named Boots got one named after her.

She didn't, but Roughian sure does! https://www.simhorseracing.com//race.php?RaceID=1669770
How weird that there is a turf sprint race with Roughian's name on it. That has to be a mistake.

Cat Named Boots Sure seems to me to qualify for a stakes to be named after her....although I'm not exactly sure what those qualifications are :P

Maybe you should request a name change for that sprint race? : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Pretty funny, because I was looking through TR races the other day and found this as well: https://www.simhorseracing.com//race.php?RaceID=1636141
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago Pretty funny, because I was looking through TR races the other day and found this as well: https://www.simhorseracing.com//race.php?RaceID=1636141
That's the same one I listed. : )

Roughian is now an allowance...but since I paid for a spot in the Pegasus... I'll run her in it. Maybe early in this season, she still has enough umph to earn a paycheck in that quality of race. But she will be running solely against the girls, more than likely...and I might have to shift her down to GII, GIII, or even non-graded quality stakes...just depending upon how her age affects her.

I still really want to try her in a mile race...just for the fun of it, but first and foremost, I want to get that $70,500 under her belt, then after that do a bit to pad those earnings, as much as I can.

I just hope that Nightmarch can hang in there for some time into this season. His owner, told me he would be willing to use the 72 hour pension extension...and knows I'll only retire Roughian to breed to NIghmarch only if she's broke that earnings record. That sire has put a lot of wonderful runners into my stable, so yeah, I would love to have a Nightmarch x Roughian foal!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Roughian ran her first race of the year, The Pegasus Turf.

I really wasn't expecting much, as she downgraded to an allowance type this year. But was hoping she would at least finish 4th, which would have been enough to become the number 1 mare with the most earnings in the Sim.

In a stunning finish...she finished second to Fiery Eyes...who after a bad nose dive out of the gates, got to her feet and ran down the field to finish 1st...passing Roughian to do so.

Congrats to Carole Hanson on that win. : )

By finishing 2nd, Roughian achieved the goal of becoming the highest money earning mare in Sim history...a record that has stood for 53 Sim years now....what a long time to hold such a record... my deepest respects to Three Day Event.
Three Day Event's earnings = $8,649,000

Roughian's are now at $9,018,500

She would have to earn $981,500 in order to become the first mare to ever earn $10 Million in this game. Last year she was able to earn $1,375,000 dollars -- but too, she was a stakes type last year.

And too...I'm almost certain Nightmarch will pension before the year is done...and now I need to decide if I should go for that $10 million goal...and miss out on sending her to him. I would love to run her in a few more races, just to see how she does...and that might make the decision easier if he does pension out before this season is done.

I am just so proud of this mare....and have been smiling non stop from the time she went across that wire in 2nd place and broke that earnings record.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

The most impressive part of this to me is that she's done this while winning only one race in the past 3 years, 1 for her last 16.