My Goal For Roughian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: My Goal For Roughian

Post by Stormy Peak »

First I would like to congratulate Carole Hanson as her mare Fiery Eyes finished first in the Beverly D. : )

Roughian, finished a respectable 3rd in the Chicago Millions with an 89 speed figure : )

The winner, Valar, (owned by Cleo Patra) was the winner, by a head over Voyage (owned by Nena Olson) Congrats to Cleo Patra!
Roughian finished a neck back from Voyage, but just a nose over the 4th place finisher Adiyodi (owned by Susie Rydell)

Two more races left for Roughian...then I get to see what quality broodmare she will be :D

I'm going to try for a mile race next. She might totally bomb in one, and is probably still good enough to earn some money in another G1 race...but at this point, she's not going to make it to $10 million, and she's earned so much already that I am liking the idea of seeing if she can take the lead and hold out long enough to win a mile race....or at least not totally embarrass herself if she doesn't like the distance...lol.

Not sure where I'll put her for her final career race.

EDIT TO ADD: This was Roughian's 4th run in The Chicago Million
This year - 3rd
Year 57 -- 2nd
Year 56 -- 4th
Year 55 -- 2nd

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks Stormy! Glad she got the win but still questioning if I should have just gunned for the Million. That was an awesome race though, very close finish!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago Thanks Stormy! Glad she got the win but still questioning if I should have just gunned for the Million. That was an awesome race though, very close finish!
I kind of figured Fiery Eyes would take the Beverly D. And in my last post before the races, I did mention that I thought Valar was going to win the Million. He and Voyage are both strong runners.

I really wanted to go for the Beverly B because I thought the distance would be better for Roughian, but in looking at the ages and the talent in that race, I figured putting Roughian in with a field of older horses might be the way to go. It worked out ok...she came out of the race $100,000 richer. : ) This brings her total earnings to $9,182,500

I never hold out hope of her winning races anymore...never really did either when she was young and much faster because she was up against the males most of the time and her race record doesn't even look that great as far as wins.
32 races, 8 wins. 10 second and 6 third place finishes.

Fiery Eyes is only 4 years old and already chalked up 11 wins in 15 races.
I was looking at her standings:
#2 for Turf Route - Females - Active Earnings. $5,478,500
#3 for Turf Route - Females - All Time Earnings. (Fire To Look At is in 2nd with $8,323,500)
#12 for Any Distance/Surface - Female - All Time Earnings - and all the higher ranked mares are retired (except for Roughian who will retired this year).

I don't know if you will run her as a 5 or 6 year old...but she's well on her way to entrenching herself as one of the best of any mare in the Sim...and currently (given she's in her prime) she's the Queen of Turf Route and will keep that title for a time. She's earned several million more than her closest active competitors at this point.

For Turf Route, females, active earnings, as mentioned, she's at $5,478,500
#3 thru #8 are all millionaires but none have hit $2 million, I unless one of them really improve at or after age 4, it's going to be hard for any of them to come close to Fiery Eyes' earnings.

3. Highland Trove age 6 Eric Nalbone $1,617,700
4. Follow the Lights age 4 Shannon Hunt $1,514,000
5. The Timeless Child age 4 Laura Smith $1,322,000
6. Bout Love One age 5 Lucas Davenport $1,221,750
7. Folktales age 5 Carolyn Eaton $1,171,000
8. Zoom Zoom Kaboom age 4 LaDonna King $1,056,500

Again, congrats on her win. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Thanks Stormy! I don’t plan on racing her at 5 at this stage but you never know, it’s so difficult to hit that retire button on those special horses as I’m sure you yourself know with Roughian. The plan is 2 more big outings and then retire, hopefully she can place top 3 or 5 in both races but wow these 3yos are looking tough!

Good luck to Roughian in her endeavours, will be fun to see her try a mile now! And then I’m sure you’re looking forward to her first baby, exciting times in turf route racing!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I found a nice Grade 2 Filly and Mare Turf Mile race in the USA for Roughian. : )

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1682604

Now...the long wait...lol...it doesn't run until Friday week 14. I'm so curious to see how she will do. She's always loved to be the front runner and had a good amount of speed to do that. Still...she's a router, and older. So I think this will be a good challenge for her. So far only 3 others are entered, but I'm sure there will be a lot more before the gates open. Those already in look like very nice mares!

The race is still over a week away, but the vet gave her a 'good to go' today. So I am hoping she will be well rested for this race. Her last race was on Week 12, Day 1.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

More power to ya, hon
;p
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Well in her GII Turf Mile effort.

Roughian led the race, then near the end was passed and she finished 2nd with a speed figure of 85 : )

The winner of the race, was the 5 year old mare, Golpe Al Corazon, finished with a 92 speed figure. She's owned by Veritas Stables. Congrats to Veritas Stables : )

Here's the race-viewer link to the race.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/raceview ... ID=1682604

So far this year...
Roughian has earned $637,000
Not too shabby for a 7 year old allowance runner. : D

If purses hadn't been cut, she would have realized that $10 million mark by now. : ) As it is, I think it's going to be really hard for her to be bumped from the all time purse earning mare in the game...given all the up coming mares won't have the advantage of richer purse races like she did earlier in her career.

One more race to go, but I'm not sure yet where I'll be sending her for her last race.

----------
Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

In 3 and a 1/2 hours... Roughian runs her last race....this one is going to be tough for me no matter how she finishes.

I've loved every minute she's spent on the track during her career and I'm thrilled I got the chance to own a horse like her. She didn't win a lot of races, she did, however, give her all, and for most of her races, managed to not fade away as she ran stride for stride along some of the most powerful male horses on the turf route circuit.

It's a good size field for the Amira Kinen. There are 2 Awesome fillies in this race with, The Timeless Child and Follow The Lights. I love it when the fillies take on the challenge of taking on the boys. Often it doesn't work out...as Roughian's race record shows.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1690238

Roughian... not counting this race:
33 races. She only won 8 of them.

However... 20 of those 33 were run against the males - and of those 8 wins, only 3 of them were from open stake races.
So yeah, it's really hard, even for a great filly to win against the boys.
I have the deepest respect towards owners with great fillies who pit them against the males...it's not the best decision most of the time...but at least for me...it was fun and even if not winning, profitable. : D

The nice thing too, is Nightmarch held out and didn't get pensioned before this season was done. Whoot!
I love the guy. Can't wait to see the foal I'll get from him and Roughian in a very near future.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Hopefully she will do you good in the breeding shed now ^^
She's been amazing to follow ^^
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thanks Sara : )

It was a good race for Roughian. She didn't win, nor finish in the top 3, but she did take 4th and in her usual running style did have the lead up to the 2nd call - and in the end, added $210,000 dollars to her final tally...of...$9,425,500 ! : D

Avengers Assemble, owned by Lucas Davenport won the race by 1 1/2 length's over Hozier Daddy, owned by Pietro Vella. The wonderful filly, Follow the Lights, owned by Shannon Hunt finished in 3rd - beating Roughian by a nose for that spot. BTW, I LOVE Follow The Lights' headshot! Beautiful !

Congrats to Lucas Davenport and Avengers Assemble : )

She didn't make the $10 million mark but came pretty close - missing it by $574,500.
If the purse amounts hadn't been slashed a few years ago, she would have hit the ten million. I think too, that being a 'somewhat unsound' horse and me pushing her at times - had her finish a spot or two down from where she might have if she been a sound or very sound horse. Lots of would've and could've in all that. : )

The consolation for her efforts wasn't too shabby as she has become the highest money earning mare in Sim History, taking down a record that stood for 53 Sim years. Or to put it another way...a record that was on the books when I joined clear back in 2006. The record was held by the awesome mare, Three Day Event.

Roughian's on her way home now, with her baby, a colt, by Nightmarch -- more about that in the Favorite Horses thread : )

Thanks to everyone who's encouraged Roughian in her journey. I've had so many great comments here and in PMs.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Congratulations on a remarkable career with her Stormy. She is truly a lesson for us all as to how much our somewhat unsound horses can do. She was an Iron Lady on the track and I hope she gives you some nice babies to carry on her legacy.
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Aw, you're going to make me blush, heaping all this praise on Lights.. she and Roughian practically held hands over the finish line haha

Roughian has had a really fantastic run, I'd be the last to fault you for aiming big even if it might've cost a couple wins! I'm sure she's got a lot of history left to make with her foals :)
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Nick and Shannon, thanks.

Nick...She's been such a big horse for my stable, I always envisioned her as being a big strapping mare.
After all these years, I finally looked at her height and let it register...she's only 15 hands !!! No wonder she could dart to the front so fast while all the other horses were untangling their legs at the starting gate. : )
Her first baby though, is a more proper 16 hands.

I guess because their height isn't factored into their racing ability, that is one of the reasons I never paid that much attention to it....but it's still fun to know for the imaginary visual one can work up for their horses.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Natasha Yar
Miler

Post by Natasha Yar »

It’s been so fun to follow this horse over her career! I’ll never forget the spit-take I did when I saw who my little maiden was running a barrier in the company of.
Super big congratulations all around, and high hopes for her breeding future!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thanks Natasha : )

I got a kick that a filly named after a Kpop group member was in that barrier race. I instantly recognized the name Jisoo from BlackPink : ) I've followed Kpop since around 2006/07. : )

I put Jisoo on my alerts list, back when that barrier race ran. I hope her jump career will be a good one for you.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000