My Goal For Roughian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

My Goal For Roughian

Post by Stormy Peak »

Below is a copy and paste from the Favorite Horse forum, about Roughian in case some didn't want read the novella i wrote for her. :oops:

Near the end of that post, I wrote about something I want to see her achieve...and that is to break a long standing record here in the Sim...one has been on the books since Year 5.

A New Goal for Roughian
As of right now, there are only 2 mares with a realistic chance to be the first mare in Sim history earn $10 Million Dollars. There have been a number of males that have done so, but in the 56 years of the Sim, no mare has broke past even the
$9 Million dollar mark.

The 2 mares are 5 years old, and are very close in earnings:

Roughian at $6,678,500
Diabolical X at $6,892,500
Diabolical X is an awesome dirt sprinter, owned by Xander Zone.

The highest earning mare in the Sim right now is:
Three Day Event with $8,649,000 in earnings.
This dirt router mare raced Sim Year 3 to year 5. Marie Matthews bred and raced her.
What's impressive, too, with Three Day Event, is she earned that money and retired as a 4 year old!

I'm not familiar with G1 dirt sprint purses - so I don't know if it is even possible for Diabolical X to win enough this year to hit that $10 Million, or if Xander is even interested in such a goal, and would rather retire her at the end of the year, come what may.

But if that $10 Million mark isn't hit by either mare before the end of this year - I am seriously considering keeping Roughian on the track as a 6 year old mare to go for that goal, even though it will cost me a foal by not retiring her.
She has a small --very small chance of hitting $10 Million this year, but it would mean winning $3,321,500 to do it.
I'm still looking at the purses...but I think she would have to win the Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini, maybe pick up some money in the Chicago Million, or the Beverly B, finish at least 2nd in the Arc, and win her SC race. [noooo problem...lol]

Here's the TOP 50 Mares - All Time Earnings. Diabolical X and Roughian are at #6 and #7 on the list, but they are surrounded by retired/deceased mares. The next active racer is in the #21 spot - the 4 year old Spe Chan, with $4,199,250 in earnings. She's owned by Danny Derby.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/rankings ... llEarnings

It could be Roughian (or Diabolical X) in trying for this goal, could totally fail, even if racing next year due to slowing with age. I really want to give Roughian a shot at it, though. I doubt I'll ever get such a horse like her again.
But even if she fails, she'll still be one of my all time favorite horses

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, if Diabolical X can't or won't be doing it... I'm going to see if Roughian can....and just hope she doesn't turn into a claimer type come Year 57. :P Given a good end of the year run with her races, she might be able to break Three Day Event's record for earnings, but I really want to see her become the 1st filly in Sim History to hit $10 Million.

DIABOLICAL X

ROUGHIAN

--------
Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Re: My Goal For Roughian

Post by Abby Brooks »

Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Rocki Ryoliza wrote: 3 years ago Image
I acknowledged first thing, that it was a cut and paste from the favorite horse forum.

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

Hindsight is 20-20 and if I had it to do over again I would have raced Fancy Shoes awhile longer to move him up on the earnings leader board. Stud duty wasn't his calling and running him was fun.

Ten million is a difficult goal for either of these two great mares, but $8.6 million is realistic for both and would put them at the top of the female earnings list. Diabolical X is still very much at the top of her game and has recent wins in $2 million races. I like her chances, but sprinters do run out of steam at about 6 years old. Roughian has the ability to run at the top level for possibly a longer period. Keep them in training would be my choice. You may never get another chance like this again.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Looks like a solid stud! I can’t wait to see him hit the shed and see how he hypos
;p
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Looks like a solid stud! I can’t wait to see him hit the shed and see how he hypos
She's won big races against the boys, and competed against them enough times, maybe she has grown a pair? :shock:

Stormy ;)

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Lol, good one Stormy.

If any mare can, Roughian is definitely in the running. She’s as solid as it gets and I wish you the very best of luck with her Stormy!
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Good luck with your goal! She is super cool! What do I know, I'm too new, but with a horse like that I would go for every record within reach. :)
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Good Luck, Stormy! I hope she makes it!!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Keith, I love racing my horses way more than breeding them, so that makes a decision to race her next year a little easier...but it would be cool if she could miraculously do it this year. :P

Nick, Ma, and Darcy... Thanks for cheering her on, I hope it works and she doesn't disappoint anyone. Personally, though, I know she will never disappoint me, even if she finished last from here on out. She's done so much up until now that I'm totally happy with her. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Monday...
The $2 Million Dollar, Grade 1, "Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini" will be run.
Roughian landed at the track today, after a long trip from the UAE, my guy, Mal will also be in this race. Roughian won this race last year...crossing my fingers for a repeat. : )

Only twice in her career has Roughian won two races in a row, which just kind of blows my mind given her purse earnings.
Am definitely hoping she can win on Monday and make that 3 times she's won twice in a row...lol. And I would really love to see her hit a real winning streak and go for 3 or 4 in a row. :P

Depending upon how she finishes, she will head for Chicago afterwards. A good finish will mean either the Chicago Million or the Beverly B. I want to aim her for The Arc again. : )

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Joseph Depaulo
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Joseph Depaulo »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago Monday...
The $2 Million Dollar, Grade 1, "Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini" will be run.
Roughian landed at the track today, after a long trip from the UAE, my guy, Mal will also be in this race. Roughian won this race last year...crossing my fingers for a repeat. : )

Only twice in her career has Roughian won two races in a row, which just kind of blows my mind given her purse earnings.
Am definitely hoping she can win on Monday and make that 3 times she's won twice in a row...lol. And I would really love to see her hit a real winning streak and go for 3 or 4 in a row. :P

Depending upon how she finishes, she will head for Chicago afterwards. A good finish will mean either the Chicago Million or the Beverly B. I want to aim her for The Arc again. : )

Stormy
The Beverly B will have an old friend in it ;)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Manic or Voyage will be waiting to meet her in the Million :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Joseph Depaulo wrote: 3 years ago
The Beverly B will have an old friend in it ;)
Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago Manic or Voyage will be waiting to meet her in the Million :)
Dang... Summertime Crush in one race and top runners like Manic and Voyager in the other...talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Tonight's $2,000,000 purse, GI 1 3/8 miles "Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini"

https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1516910

Post positions:

1 Mal c.4 Stormy Peak
2 Roughian m.5 Stormy Peak
3 None So Quiet h.5 Leigh Ann Anderson
4 Take By Storm h.5 Amy Bahama
5 Byzantium c.4 Erin Sanderson
6 Adiyodi c.4 Susie Rydell
7 Yang Wenli c.4 Danny Derby

Looks like my guy, Mal, and Danny Derby's black beauty, Yang Wenli were to 2 unlucky ones getting the rails. Hopefully, given the short field, neither horse will be affected by it too much. I think Mal's a little sad though, separated from the rest of the 4 year olds by those three 5 year olds...kind of reminds him of detention when he was younger ;)

In no particular order
---The 4 year olds---
Yang Wenli, has won several G1 races and knocked on the door with a few more recently with 2nd place finishes. He might be due for a big win soon...tonight?

Adiyodi won last year's 1 1/4 miles GI, Los Campeones Route, he beat a slew of older horses. He then started his 4 year old season trying a GI race in Hong Kong and finished 2nd by 1 length. He'a a world traveler, having raced in the USA, Europe, South America, and Asia...and now back to South America again. This will be his first race at a distance over 1 1/4 miles.

Mal has been dragging his feet in recent races... I will probably have to try for a lower end race to try to build up his confidence...or maybe even a barrier trial, if he continues along like he has been.

Byzantium had a 2 mile GI race he finished 5th in, then he dropped down to a G3 at the shorter distance of 1 1/4 miles and won that in his last time out, he finished that race 91 speed figure. He might end up liking this distance it's a bit over 1 1/4.

----the 5 year olds----

Roughian... I feel good about her chances tonight...but it seems like when I do, that's when she really blows a race. As I mentioned earlier here, she's rarely won 2 races in a row. Her last time out, she won the G1 Desert Duty Free at 1 1/8 miles with Yang Wenli right with her as they charged for the finish line. She also won this race last year...so I'm hoping for 2 repeats here...two wins in a row, and a repeat win of this race.

None So Quiet, this millionaire with a lovely dark bay coloring and big white blaze has 4 Grade 1 wins under his belt. He's won his last two races, each at 1 1/4 miles, one was a GIII and the last one a GII.

Take By Storm - This guy spent a good amount of time in Australia, then ventured out to South Africa and promptly won a nice stakes race at the same distance as tonight's race, 1 3/8 miles. He then transferred over to the UAE and ran in the Turf Classic and picked up a nice 5th place paycheck.

It looks like it's going to be a good race tonight. : )
I would enjoy hearing from the other owners if they would like to add anything about their horses.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000