My Goal For Roughian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Re: My Goal For Roughian

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

I'm quite worried about None so Quiet's chances. I do love him, and he is so consistent (only our of the money once, in the Pegasus this year). If he's on, he's on, but this is a very tough field. I love that None Other has one foal who has been really spectacular and hope that once his racing career is over, he can carry her line (tracing back to my barn builder, Alert).

Best of luck to all the entries.
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Leigh Ann Anderson wrote: 3 years ago I'm quite worried about None so Quiet's chances. I do love him, and he is so consistent (only our of the money once, in the Pegasus this year). If he's on, he's on, but this is a very tough field. I love that None Other has one foal who has been really spectacular and hope that once his racing career is over, he can carry her line (tracing back to my barn builder, Alert).

Best of luck to all the entries.
I remember when None Other was racing. One of my mares that she beat, twice, was Fortitude, who is the dam of both Mal and Roughian. I admired your mare, I hope your Alert line continues for a long time.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:shock: well, a bittersweet result won the other from the bad stable

congratulations excellent mother of these 2 champions
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago :shock: well, a bittersweet result won the other from the bad stable

congratulations excellent mother of these 2 champions

Fortitude has been a great broodmare for me. I'm very proud of her, and her foals, Mal, and Roughian.
I'm very proud of Mal for winning, and he needed a win. This race gives him 4 Grade 1 wins.

And I'm happy Roughian hit the board with a 3rd place finish, also, she and Adiyodi had a dead heat for 3rd ! :)

Yang Wenli is sure a tough cookie...always right there and trying hard, he pulled in a nice paycheck for 2nd.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Roughian She is still a great mare despite the blows, she is a champion in different parts of the world and also has made the males bite the dust (in this case the grass) but she is great and I just hope to see her very soon as a mother has a raw goya in Roughian I am 100% sure it is

good luck for the races to come for Roughian, and Mal

I think there is still a long way to go
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago Roughian She is still a great mare despite the blows, she is a champion in different parts of the world and also has made the males bite the dust (in this case the grass) but she is great and I just hope to see her very soon as a mother has a raw goya in Roughian I am 100% sure it is

*I would have replied earlier, but my town's internet service has been down since 2AM It just came on, and it's now 2PM. :roll:

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

David Velasquez wrote: 3 years ago Roughian She is still a great mare despite the blows, she is a champion in different parts of the world and also has made the males bite the dust (in this case the grass) but she is great and I just hope to see her very soon as a mother has a raw jewel in Roughian I am 100% sure it is

David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

I understand when the internet is drop by drop
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Monday... 2 big races for turf routers.

The Chicago Million Grade 1, purse: $1 Million

and the

Beverly B for fillies and mares, Grade 1, purse: $500,000

Even as I type this I keep wondering which race I should place Roughian in.
The money in the Million is so tempting, if she can win...but, she's facing the males again, and also my other runner Mal. This means of course that one of my two horses will have to finish behind the other...and I'm not holding my breath for a dead heat for any position.

If I put her in with the fillies and mares... it's still not going to be easy going...that race is also loaded with great runners and as of yet... I still don't know if Summertime Crush will be entering into one or the other race.

I hate to admit this, lol... but of all the turf runners out there, Summertime Crush is about the only one I would try to duck if given a choice. :oops: I have so much respect for that mare, and she seems to have Roughian stymied given the times they've raced each other and Summertime Crush coming out ahead. I would need to check for sure, but I think they have faced each other 7 times and she's finished ahead of Roughian 4 of those times.

Summertime Crush

I guess for me, there's no shame in Roughian to finish behind the boys....but...lol...getting her butt kicked by one of her same gender...is hard to face... pride cometh before the fall as they say.

The fields in both races are not too large but are still loaded with talent. I'm going to finish this post by just talking about The Million as that is the race I have my horses in.

In the Million

Longbird, owned by Danny Derby, is an awesome multi surface runner. Longbird has won several G1 races on All Weather surfaces and on turf...and has come very close to doing the same on dirt...finishing 2nd in his last race, a dirt G1.

Mal is next on the list, he's coming off a G1 win in the $2 million dollar "Gran Premio Carlos Pellegrini" I have confidence in him, but he's never won two races in a row. At least Roughian has done that twice in her life...lol.

Manic was this year's Pegasus Turf winner. I love his head shot, btw, that huge blaze...and kingly look! After his Pegasus win, he hit the board with a 2nd and a 3rd in two G1 races, then last time out, won in S. Africa in a G2. He won't be lacking in the confidence nor the talent area. As a 3 year old last year, he took the lead from Roughian and won this race by a length, with Roughian finishing 2nd. Nena Olson owns this wonderful colt and knows I'm a fan of his. : ) If things go right in some near future, there will more than likely be a Manic x Roughian foal to look forward to.

Roughian I have hopes that she will do great in this race...but am also realistic that it's hard for a mare to be the boys. Win or lose though, for me... she always shines. : ) Her last win was against the boys in the $2 Million G1 Duty Free against the boys. In her last effort on the the track in the Pellegrini, that Mal won, Roughian finished in a dead heat for 3rd place with the colt, Adiyodi, who is owned by Susie Rydell.

The Same Path Owned by Tim Matthews. At this point in time, he's the last entree for this race. However, he's also entered into 2 other races at the moment - each on Week 12 Day 5. The Same Path is a 6 year old, who has like the other runners in this race, crossed over that Million Dollar mark in earnings. He has in his last 4 races, hit the board with two 3rd place finishes and two 2nd place finishes. All were graded stake races, but not G1 level.

As always, I would love to hear from other owners about their horses in this race. I would also enjoy hearing from those with horses running in the Beverly B. (and especially from Joseph...where is Summertime Crush! ?)

Stormy
Last edited by Stormy Peak 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

The Beverly B looks tough but the Million is absolutely STACKED. You have two horses of either gender, go in the million with Mal and take Roughian out, put her in the Beverly B. Then you have a shot at getting both races.

I think she would have lost a step this season and repeated beatings against the boys might knock her confidence and she won’t be able to run up to her full potential to finish off her career (presuming that that’s the plan).

Your mare and your choice though. I’d say with some confidence Sunmertime Crush is not going to go there.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I still have half a mind to scratch Longbird from the Chicago Million and run him here.

https://www.simhorseracing.com//race.php?RaceID=1530527
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago I still have half a mind to scratch Longbird from the Chicago Million and run him here.

https://www.simhorseracing.com//race.php?RaceID=1530527
I wouldn't half mind if you did ;) He's a scary horse!

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago The Beverly B looks tough but the Million is absolutely STACKED. You have two horses of either gender, go in the million with Mal and take Roughian out, put her in the Beverly B. Then you have a shot at getting both races.

I think she would have lost a step this season and repeated beatings against the boys might knock her confidence and she won’t be able to run up to her full potential to finish off her career (presuming that that’s the plan).

Your mare and your choice though. I’d say with some confidence Sunmertime Crush is not going to go there.
Yeah, I keep thinking about the Beverly B, but she's only had 1 loss between now and her last win, in the Duty Free. so her confidence level can't be that battered down (she also hit the board in that race, finished 3rd). And while a win in either race will kick her over the $7 Million mark, If she can win this race, that's 1/2 a million dollars...and that would get her that much closer to that $10 Million goal. If she finishes 2nd in the Millions that purse money ($220,000) is just a little under what she could earn if she won the Beverly B. ($250,000)

I'm really really wanting to see her make Sim history and be the first mare to hit $10 Million, and that might even mean, me running her as a 6 year old. I have never had a horse like her in the 13 real life years I've played this game, and I have no clue what kind of broodmare she will be...but I do know what kind of runner she IS : ) It would really stink if I gave up and she ended up being a 'potential broodmare'

As of now, I have a good number of "Foremost" pedigree line of broodmares, some of which are still producing stakes and freaks, so I'm comfortable in keeping Roughian out there, rather than in the broodmare pasture. And while it's tempting to try to snag both purses with Mal in the Million, and Roughian in the Beverly D... I just don't want to miss out on that potential of her walking off the track with half a million of that purse money. And yep, I also realize she could bomb and finish last and not make much progress in her goal. I know she's going to be past her peak at some point... I just hope the drop off is gradual and not like she's gone over a cliff. :P

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The owners of the other 4 mares in the Beverly B will probably hate me... but I wrote to Joseph Depaulo and asked why Summertime Crush wasn't going into that race, given he mentioned some weeks ago that, that was where he planned to place her next.

He wrote back and said he had been very busy and forgot the race was on Monday! He said I might have saved him from a huge gaffe. Summertime Crush is now entered into the Beverly B.

I really admire his mare, especially from the standpoint where I'm watching her in one race and having Roughian in another...lol. I do think she's a better mare than Roughian...given how often they've paired up in races and Summertime Crush finished ahead of my mare.

Both are awesome runners, I just took a lot more risks in putting Roughian into open G1 races...and it paid quite well money wise, but Summertime Crush, is, in my opinion, actually the better of the two mares.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago The owners of the other 4 mares in the Beverly B will probably hate me... but I wrote to Joseph Depaulo and asked why Summertime Crush wasn't going into that race, given he mentioned some weeks ago that, that was where he planned to place her next.

Both are awesome runners, I just took a lot more risks in putting Roughian into open G1 races...and it paid quite well money wise, but Summertime Crush, is, in my opinion, actually the better of the two mares.

Stormy
You sending Roughian to Chicago now? :D
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100