My Goal For Roughian

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: My Goal For Roughian

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago The owners of the other 4 mares in the Beverly B will probably hate me... but I wrote to Joseph Depaulo and asked why Summertime Crush wasn't going into that race, given he mentioned some weeks ago that, that was where he planned to place her next.

Both are awesome runners, I just took a lot more risks in putting Roughian into open G1 races...and it paid quite well money wise, but Summertime Crush, is, in my opinion, actually the better of the two mares.

Stormy
You sending Roughian to Chicago now? :D
Yeah, I decided to take the risk and go for the big paycheck the Million offers.
And I can say that I made the decision to do so before knowing for sure that Summertime Crush was going into the Beverly B... so.. I'm not ducking her, lol.
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it)

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Well, I took the risk with Roughian and it didn't pan out. She finished 4th and only added $70,000 to her total earnings amount, which is now up to $6,928,500 - so, $3,071,500 is needed to hit that $10 million. She has only two races left this year, and I will probably race her next year, but she might be getting long in the tooth.

A tad over $3 million is a career total for a lot of great horses...and she's going to have to try to earn that on the geriatric side of her career...going against younger prime competitors. Daunting... but I'm still going to let her have a try at it as a 6 year old.

I am also proud of Roughian's stablemate, Mal - he won last night's race. : )

If the Arc track stays dry, or maybe if just slightly damp, Mal will be going into that race. He Loves Dry...and if the track is really wet, I just don't think it will work for him.
Roughian is going into the Arc no matter what...she has 'no preference' as far as the track's condition.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago A tad over $3 million is a career total for a lot of great horses...and she's going to have to try to earn that on the geriatric side of her career...going against younger prime competitors. Daunting... but I'm still going to let her have a try at it as a 6 year old.
It's too bad, but she's still a VIP (or is she more an Army girl or does she Blink?)!!!

Hopefully she stays reliable next year.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago A tad over $3 million is a career total for a lot of great horses...and she's going to have to try to earn that on the geriatric side of her career...going against younger prime competitors. Daunting... but I'm still going to let her have a try at it as a 6 year old.
It's too bad, but she's still a VIP (or is she more an Army girl or does she Blink?)!!!

Hopefully she stays reliable next year.
Oh, she's definitely VIP!
She's been a "big bang" queen on the track, so she definitely fangirls over the Kings of Kpop.
Mal, however, he loves those beautiful singers that are BlackPink, so yeah, he's a Blink. ;)

No matter, hit or miss, in getting to that goal, she's such a special horse for me...doubt I'll ever get another like her. She's not perfect by any means, has been beat by other mares and more often than not by the males, but she seems to pull through in some of the really big races, and that's cool..lol

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Well, The Arc didn't go well for Roughian or Mal. : (
I am hoping it was just one of those days, for both of them.

I am very happy for Yang Wenli...he's been a tough rival for Roughian and Mal - it's good to see him hit a huge race like that! Congrats, Danny on that Arc win !!!

Roughian...I don't know what it is with the dead heats, she's had 2 of them in the last 3 races. :P

She will be in one of the turf route SC races, not sure yet which race, yet. She's more suited for the 1 1/4 distance and maybe taking a break from running against the boys might work out better too. So, I'm leaning pretty much towards the Filly and Mare Turf. The track is going to be yielding, but fortunately, Roughian doesn't have a preference about how dry or wet a track is.

Unfortunately, Mal, Loves Dry. I don't think running him on the most extreme of wet surfaces in such a tough race, is going to produce good results. So he will skip the SC races and head on down to Oz. I'm going to give him a shot at the Grade 1, $3 Million Dollar, Melbourne Trophy. I have some qualms about sending him out at 2 miles...but I'll never know unless I give him a go...lol.

I have another mare, Foretold. She Loves Mud...and I'm about 95 percent sure at this moment, that she will be going into the Filly and Mare Turf... it would be nice to split the mares into the two races...put Roughian into the Turf. ??? Decisions, decisions.

Stormy.

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago Well, The Arc didn't go well for Roughian or Mal. : (
I am hoping it was just one of those days, for both of them.

I am very happy for Yang Wenli...he's been a tough rival for Roughian and Mal - it's good to see him hit a huge race like that! Congrats, Danny on that Arc win !!!

Roughian...I don't know what it is with the dead heats, she's had 2 of them in the last 3 races. :P

She will be in one of the turf route SC races, not sure yet which race, yet. She's more suited for the 1 1/4 distance and maybe taking a break from running against the boys might work out better too. So, I'm leaning pretty much towards the Filly and Mare Turf. The track is going to be yielding, but fortunately, Roughian doesn't have a preference about how dry or wet a track is.

Unfortunately, Mal, Loves Dry. I don't think running him on the most extreme of wet surfaces in such a tough race, is going to produce good results. So he will skip the SC races and head on down to Oz. I'm going to give him a shot at the Grade 1, $3 Million Dollar, Melbourne Trophy. I have some qualms about sending him out at 2 miles...but I'll never know unless I give him a go...lol.

I have another mare, Foretold. She Loves Mud...and I'm about 95 percent sure at this moment, that she will be going into the Filly and Mare Turf... it would be nice to split the mares into the two races...put Roughian into the Turf. ??? Decisions, decisions.

Stormy.
Thanks Stormy, I appreciate it.

My $.02 - Based on her last few races, I think the F&M Turf is the clear choice for Roughian.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago
Thanks Stormy, I appreciate it.

My $.02 - Based on her last few races, I think the F&M Turf is the clear choice for Roughian.
I think as far as number of, and caliber of, entries I had today - the worst results day in all my time here in the Sim...so, yeah, I'll take that 2 cents..lol...at least now, I have two coins to rub together. :lol:

John Denver said it best.. Some days are diamonds, some days are stone. :P

I ran 30 horses total..Asian, Europe and North America. Three of them in G1 stakes...and most the rest are usually pretty good in either winning or getting a part of the purse money on a consistent basis.
Day 5 I ran:

20 horses in North America = $7,570 (usually I would expect at least $40,000 to $60,000 for a mix of claimers to allowance types)
7 horses in Europe =$450
3 horses in Asia = $55,000

Foretold's 2nd place in a G1 was the only reason I have even that Asian total. Even then, what she won, doesn't even cover the entry fee for 1 of my Arc horses.

My bets...lol. I put $10k on both Mal and Roughian. Total bets = $23,000 Total winnings = $2,100
And there would also be approximately $10,000 in shipping fees to and from the tracks.

And to sum up my feelings about today's results, in regards to what I feel has been a very nice Sim career...this lyric from another song: Joe Walsh, "Life's Been Good" -- I can't complain, but sometimes I still do :twisted:

And yeah, I'm about 94.95 percent certain Roughian will run in the Filly and Mare Turf. :P

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

My 5 cent piece (we don't have pennies anymore in Australia to only give you 2 cents) is to run Roughian in the F/M race. She's run hard this year and deserves a break (if you can call it that) by only racing against the best of her gender instead of both sexes.

Hmmm...the forum doesn't like the word "s*x" but allows sexes.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm getting more excited about Friday's races...also still wondering about Roughian not being in the Turf against the males...lol.

I put Foretold into the Filly and Mare race because she is a multiple Grade 1 winner and she likes the mud, which puts two of my horses in that race, and no horse in the Turf race. Mal Loves Dry so I'm didn't want to pit him up against just a strong field with that disadvantage, so he's going to see if he can hold out for 2 miles in the Melbourne Trophy.

I think Roughian would like the shorter distance a lot more, and I can't disrespect the competition by saying it's an easier race than against the males...because the fillies and mares are also a super competitive field. If both of those races were of equal distance, and with the race against the males having a much higher purse, she would be in with they guys again. I'm still tempted though..lol.

She's been shipping 1st class all year, so I think that has helped her with her schedule, and she seems to have recovered from the Arc race.

Vet Report from this morning : )
~Here is what I found. Roughian seems A-okay to me. This horse looks absolutely fine to me. If you aren't planning on racing any time soon you might want to give this horse a little bit of exercise elsewhere.

I am, of course, hoping the Arc was just one of those odd clunkers that horses sometime run...and she will be back to form for the SC race.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

She finished 3rd in the SC Race...with a 91 SF. She drew the far outside rail, and after the race, The Steward, mentioned that if Roughian had, had a better post position, a 2nd place finish would have likely happened.

She's had a tough season, and will go one more season. The chances of her winning the $10 Million have, I think, become less likely. She will need $2,786,500 to hit that $10 Million Dollar goal. She's getting older...will be 6 years old this coming season and her competition in the big races will always be mostly males...so, as I said, she might fall short. Even if she doesn't do it, she's still the most awesome horse I've ever owned and I'm sure having fun racing her. :D

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Good luck on you future journey. You should gallop her next season for fun.
;p
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

She's a great competitor! Time looks forward to a rematch in the coming year!
I'm just here for the fun of it
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Good luck on you future journey. You should gallop her next season for fun.
After the Pegasus (Wk 2) She probably will have another gallop.

I did that with her last year...
Y56-W3-D2 Galloped -- Trainer: Oh, my! 'Roughian' is a freak! This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!

She went on to her next race in Week 6 to win the $2 Million Dollar Grade 1 Desert Duty Free, against the boys. : )

As I stated before... I just hope that the down side of that peak is more like a gentle slope than a sheer drop off. :p

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Carolyn Eaton wrote: 3 years ago She's a great competitor! Time looks forward to a rematch in the coming year!
Thanks.

Time Takes Time is an awesome filly. Will you be running her in the Pegasus? She's faced the boys before and did ok.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago She finished 3rd in the SC Race...with a 91 SF. She drew the far outside rail, and after the race, The Steward, mentioned that if Roughian had, had a better post position, a 2nd place finish would have likely happened.

She's had a tough season, and will go one more season. The chances of her winning the $10 Million have, I think, become less likely. She will need $2,786,500 to hit that $10 Million Dollar goal. She's getting older...will be 6 years old this coming season and her competition in the big races will always be mostly males...so, as I said, she might fall short. Even if she doesn't do it, she's still the most awesome horse I've ever owned and I'm sure having fun racing her. :D

Stormy

I believe that your mare should only run the races that allow her to win a million or more only those races, since you are looking to reach 10 million

And so it won't be much effort throughout the year and well against the boys she does it very well

if there are 7 competition where she can win a million, or more participate in those competitions if she wins 2 of 1.5M ready I reach the goal if she wins 3 of 1M goal achieved

I hope she can do better this year 57 than she has done so far

good luck