What happened to George Knatz?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Gordon
Listed Stakes Winner

What happened to George Knatz?

Post by Dan Gordon »

With multiple dispersal sales, I guess he left the SIM. If that's not the case, sorry for the false alarm. I'm always miffed when this happens without a back story? Is he fine? Did he just get tired of the game? I understand in many cases one just doesn't know. Of course, some sellers at auction call their sales a Dispersal sale which just complicates the situation. In the old days, somebody would threaten to leave the SIM and then we would all talk him/her out of it and I think they were glad!
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Re: What happened to George Knatz?

Post by Louise Bayou »

He left the game on his own.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

It seems to be a cycle. A new player comes in and creates a huge barn, but gets burned out and ends up leaving. First it was Bernard Kwok, then Jr. Lewis and now George. Maybe there are other reasons for it, but whatever it is, I hope he makes his way back to the game.
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

There are other reasons. Let's just say that George quit the game- his own decision. I think it's very sad... And I hope both George and JR will come back someday.
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

That's too bad, he was doing so well.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

We all know what happened. He was working with the rebel alliance, feeding info such as ship plans and designs. The weak spots of 100 different Death Stars. Not to mention he let the menacing hero’s escape. He knew too much and darth Glenn had to put him down as a show of force. Right in front of the whole fleet and crew
;p
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

George had been unhappy with the way I run the game for a long time. But I find that players very often come back - Charles Bunbury is even back under a different moniker!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago George had been unhappy with the way I run the game for a long time. But I find that players very often come back - Charles Bunbury is even back under a different moniker!
did Charles leave because he was unhappy with the way you ran the game? I never knew why he left either.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago George had been unhappy with the way I run the game for a long time. But I find that players very often come back - Charles Bunbury is even back under a different moniker!
did Charles leave because he was unhappy with the way you ran the game? I never knew why he left either.
Edited: I can't remember why he stopped.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
My recollection is that he was unhappy about the day rate hike, but my recollections past yesterday are dicey at best.
That man had a lot of horses
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

My my! So much unhappiness!! :(
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I'm unhappy with the way my barn is performing. I think a bunch of other people should leave the game so my results will improve!!!
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago I'm unhappy with the way my barn is performing. I think a bunch of other people should leave the game so my results will improve!!!
Anyone who has Franzia and Allura at the same time has to go through the Brian Leavitt rule, sorry!!
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago I'm unhappy with the way my barn is performing. I think a bunch of other people should leave the game so my results will improve!!!
Anyone who has Franzia and Allura at the same time has to go through the Brian Leavitt rule, sorry!!
I'd like to file a formal complaint about off the board finishes in the World Cup AND losing the Derby. Can you please refer to me to the correct department?
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Ohhhhhh, man! Decisions, decisions!! Do I get rid of any really nice horses I have just for the right to complain, or keep the horses???? This is a tough call. You have no idea. Brian gets his inclination for complaining from SOMEONE!!!