Question for the pros.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Question for the pros.

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago All I was saying was that first class shipping affects everyone in this regard and not just new players. I know things like that can be frustrating but there is nothing the SIM team can do realistically to stop that. I can’t think of a solution that would work because it’s not fair to say to someone you can’t enter a race last minute just because someone else entered as soon as the race opened. Also, raising the fee to $1 per mile does absolutely nothing, people who use first class shipping have so much money (for big barns especially in the 10’s of millions) that they barely notice a difference when shipping money leaves their account.
I understand. The solution I am crying out for is to make it available to new players much sooner, maybe at 4 or 6 weeks. Then we can use it, too. What is bothering me isn't last minute entries. It is that I need 4-5 days of recovery time at a farm for long ships, longer than that if I go straight to a track, so I have to commit very far in advance and pay to ship twice. THAT is what I would like to see changed sooner than 5 months in. It is a big financial drain and a competitive disadvantage as I may still have a slightly tired horse when I plan ahead but Last Minute Larry can have a completely fresh horse with 1 day.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

who is Last Minute Larry?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Jack Ryder wrote: 3 years ago Veteran players don't misunderstand the trial park. Trail park is very beneficial to new players, which I understood very late in my new player period. If used to its fullest extent a player can earn a lot from trial park for example Joe Hernandez, Ma Springs, Andrew Davidson and Tony Baker.

If you are doing good that doesn't mean other new players are doing good and if the poor bloke reads the wrong advice like first class shipping will help instead of placing and training he will start losing money more faster.
I don't look at the restriction as a limitation instead I look at it as a shield. The game has a learning curve and lot of veterans will say that they still are learning so a season of limitations help new players to break in and learn the game at their pace. Aren't you an old player that came back with a new account? I would say that helped in your success.
Late entries is a strategy every player has to look out for it's a part of the game now. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) a lot of players are doing late minute entries. I would say in a race of 12 runners maybe 3-4 horses are entered late and if four horses affect your horse performance maybe it should not be running.
No, I am not an old player that came back with a new account. I hope the Steward will pipe in and validate that as I have been asked several times now. I am playing under my real name here, and had never even heard of this game until the night I signed up. I am a racehorse owner IRL which is a huge help.

Also, anyone saying a "horse too good for Trial Park" hasn't been racing at TP lately. It is easier in the allowance division almost anywhere else with the possible exception of the mile distances which don't fill.
Last edited by Kelly Haggerty 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago who is Last Minute Larry?
Last Minute Larry is a fictional character compiled of anyone who has entered last minute, including me.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Kelly L Haggerty wrote: 3 years ago
Jack Ryder wrote: 3 years ago Veteran players don't misunderstand the trial park. Trail park is very beneficial to new players, which I understood very late in my new player period. If used to its fullest extent a player can earn a lot from trial park for example Joe Hernandez, Ma Springs, Andrew Davidson and Tony Baker.

If you are doing good that doesn't mean other new players are doing good and if the poor bloke reads the wrong advice like first class shipping will help instead of placing and training he will start losing money more faster.
I don't look at the restriction as a limitation instead I look at it as a shield. The game has a learning curve and lot of veterans will say that they still are learning so a season of limitations help new players to break in and learn the game at their pace. Aren't you an old player that came back with a new account? I would say that helped in your success.
Late entries is a strategy every player has to look out for it's a part of the game now. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) a lot of players are doing late minute entries. I would say in a race of 12 runners maybe 3-4 horses are entered late and if four horses affect your horse performance maybe it should not be running.
No, I am not an old player that came back with a new account. I hope the Steward will pipe in and validate that as I have been asked several times now. I am playing under my real name here, and had never even heard of this game until the night I signed up. I am a racehorse owner IRL which is a huge help.

Also, anyone saying a "horse too good for Trial Park" hasn't been racing at TP lately. It is easier in the allowance division almost anywhere else with the possible exception of the mile distances which don't fill.
Can confirm this is not an old player, not sure how that rumor started.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

just my two cents in a thread where it likely doesn't belong: first class shipping is a detriment to the realism of the game and should be abolished.