So...gallop improvers?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: So...gallop improvers?

Post by Garret Folsom »

I had quite a few improvers - 67 that I know of. I didn't regallop horses that are racing regularly, or 2YO's that are already scheduled to debut.

I decided to look at age level to see how they improve.

I re-galloped 377 yearlings and 0 of them improved from the beginning of the year.
I re-galloped 257 2 year-olds and 31 of them (12.1%) improved from the beginning of the year.
I re-galloped 252 3 year-olds and 35 of them (13.9%) improved from the beginning of the year.
I re-galloped 130 4 year-olds and 1 of them (0.8%) improved from the beginning of the year.

This tells me that going forward, I won't bother re-galloping my yearlings as the chance of a change is minimal and it takes a week of workouts away that could be used to help find equipment quicker.

Most 4YO's are already peak (actually, I think all of them were), so the odds of an improver are pretty slim already. The fact that I got 1 is probably pretty impressive...
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

No new Freaks (I still have a couple of stakes late bloomers that are just chilling though). 7 new stakes (3QH and 4TB). A bunch of new allowance.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k) | The Hotshot ($5k)
TB AW Sprint | Julius Caesar ($10k) | Maggot ($10k)
QH Sprint | Lagunitas ($15k)
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Garret Folsom wrote: 3 years ago I decided to look at age level to see how they improve.

I re-galloped 377 yearlings and 0 of them improved from the beginning of the year.
I re-galloped 257 2 year-olds and 31 of them (12.1%) improved from the beginning of the year.
I re-galloped 252 3 year-olds and 35 of them (13.9%) improved from the beginning of the year.
I re-galloped 130 4 year-olds and 1 of them (0.8%) improved from the beginning of the year.

This tells me that going forward, I won't bother re-galloping my yearlings as the chance of a change is minimal and it takes a week of workouts away that could be used to help find equipment quicker.

Most 4YO's are already peak (actually, I think all of them were), so the odds of an improver are pretty slim already. The fact that I got 1 is probably pretty impressive...
Thanks, that's very useful, and makes me feel better that I don't regallop my yearlings, since I use workouts to determine equipment :)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I just want to post in the forums. Nothing to report. No improvers. Thank you, that is all
;p
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago I had a bunch of improvers across all gallop levels, but just focusing on the ones that improved to freak because that's what we're all here for.

Yearling
Chrono Trigger

2-Year-Old
Club Thirty Three
Kobe
Luminary
Astro

3-year-old
Root Pack
who did you pay off for those fortunate results?
Tree fiddy.
Trastevere Peru
Miler

Post by Trastevere Peru »

So much happy, Hidden Happiness improved from Stakes Late Bloomer to Freak Peak.
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=122414
Thanks Kris & Lucas ¡¡¡
Happy Acting Turf Sprinter 20,000
Dressed in Suits Turf Sprinter 10,000

¨Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus¨
Umberto Eco
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Trastevere Peru wrote: 3 years ago So much happy, Hidden Happiness improved from Stakes Late Bloomer to Freak Peak.
Thanks Kris & Lucas ¡¡¡
It improved so much it died and aged all the way to 31 :o
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Trastevere Peru
Miler

Post by Trastevere Peru »

Jajjajajaj
Thanks Pete

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1224146
Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Trastevere Peru wrote: 3 years ago So much happy, Hidden Happiness improved from Stakes Late Bloomer to Freak Peak.
Thanks Kris & Lucas ¡¡¡
It improved so much it died and aged all the way to 31 :o
Happy Acting Turf Sprinter 20,000
Dressed in Suits Turf Sprinter 10,000

¨Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus¨
Umberto Eco
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Hmmm we had more of a gentle breeze than a gale force wind in my barn. I had a few improve. The best 2 were a couple of AJ specials, both 2yo. A dirt sprinter colt went from solid progressive to allowance peak and a 2yo TR filly went from claimer to productive peak. The filly once worked 6f in 1:10.59, and if you are a reader of my articles she was the one I said I might use as a kneeling bench. Guess ya never know.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Tim Matthews wrote: 3 years ago St. Mary Lake - productive late bloomer to freak late bloomer. She only needs one piece and she's sound, unlike her very unsound father. Nice horse. This was the mare I was complaining about on The Morning Line podcast. @Cleo, consider our beef settled :P
Just proves Man in Motion is a really nice stallion and everyone should breed to him, because that mare needs to be punched in the face with all most every other stallion 🤣
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Faithless Love late bloomer stakes to freak peak

Left In Death stakes progress to freak peak

Queenly stakes peak to freak peak
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Your stakes late bloomers to freak late bloomers are crazy! That is now my new Sim goal. Don't care about the trophies. I just want to breed a freak late bloomer, haha! :o :)

Have galloped about half of my junior 3 yo improvers (didn't think the 2 yos improved, where did I get that from, will check them too..!).

2 Allowance to Stakes
1 Allowance progress -to Allowance Peak
5 Productive to Allowance
2 Solid to Allowance
1 Solid to Productive
and one very well bred filly solid progressive to solid peak :cry:
10 still same comment.

Will have a look at the 2 yos later.
Last edited by Ma Springs 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

MY STAKES TO FREAK IMPROVERS

............. Nah just kidding there acctually were a couple

Stakes to Freak

1 appy sprinter with a nice swedish name for the steward to prnounce come sc time its swedish because it sounded cooler to me than the norwegian version of the name
1 qh sprinter already had freak in his name so thank god he improved haha
1 stb Pacer hass actually been pretty good as a stakes which is rare in pacers so some hope on this one
1 stb Trotter this one happens to be Devon's Doubles little brother

as well as a few tbs that improed to stakes which might be good in some divisions
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Mine sucked!!!!...that is all....
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

My first experience at this I would have to say was underwhelming. Did all 2yr olds who were able and I did pick up a couple of stakes routers (only 3 improvements overall) No freaks. The surprise to me was the number that lost future potential. I had 9 of 28 that were Late Bloomers or progressive, who are now peak(this did not include those who improved). Again these are two year olds. If viewed as a late bloomer, 2yr old would not seem late in the career.

A little less optimistic about the barn at the moment. Fortunately, will be able to get them on the track where they can really disappoint :)