So...gallop improvers?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: So...gallop improvers?

Post by Art K Stables »

Freak late bloomers exist and can change to peak, but how much improvement that really means could be not much, as for stakes late bloomer staying stakes late bloomer , that should be considered good news, the horse could have stayed stakes peak, but as the steward said over 90 % of late bloomers ( excluding freak late bloomers presumably) will change their gallop comment, I guess maybe a freak could become a super freak but rick James might object, or for you youngsters where hammer time comes from
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I had no changes for my yearlings but had a stakes to freak for a 2 year old dirt router, First Appointment. I now have two 2 year old dirt router freaks to look forward to running in a couple of weeks.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago Faithless Love late bloomer stakes to freak peak

Left In Death stakes progress to freak peak

Queenly stakes peak to freak peak

:shock: wow that's great, this makes me hopeful in progressives as I didn't think a progressives could jump to Freak

I thought they only jumped from progressive to peak on their canter report

It will be because it is what I have had so far of experience

And even peak to peak Freak is good to know

now we just have to hope she can have that luck LB :P
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Galloped 75 yearlings. Not 1 improved. :(
There were a lot of late bloomers too... so I was hoping at least a few of those would jump up.
Oh well, maybe after the year flips and they are 2 year old.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
William Atteberry
Sprinter

Post by William Atteberry »

Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago Freak late bloomers exist and can change to peak, but how much improvement that really means could be not much, as for stakes late bloomer staying stakes late bloomer , that should be considered good news, the horse could have stayed stakes peak, but as the steward said over 90 % of late bloomers ( excluding freak late bloomers presumably) will change their gallop comment, I guess maybe a freak could become a super freak but rick James might object, or for you youngsters where hammer time comes from
But I hadn't considered the changed gallop comment being, no longer a late bloomer with no improvement, which is what happened to a third of my 2yr old late bloomers
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

William Atteberry wrote: 3 years ago
Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago Freak late bloomers exist and can change to peak, but how much improvement that really means could be not much, as for stakes late bloomer staying stakes late bloomer , that should be considered good news, the horse could have stayed stakes peak, but as the steward said over 90 % of late bloomers ( excluding freak late bloomers presumably) will change their gallop comment, I guess maybe a freak could become a super freak but rick James might object, or for you youngsters where hammer time comes from
But I hadn't considered the changed gallop comment being, no longer a late bloomer with no improvement, which is what happened to a third of my 2yr old late bloomers
Horses can improve without their gallop comment changing. If you have a "low" allowance late bloomer, it can improve all the way to the top of the allowance bracket, and then be "at peak" (which might be a significant and noticeable improvement in on-track performance) but the gallop comment won't change.

Gallop comments are great, but what actually matters is how the horse performs. It's important to remember that on Festivus and I guess on this day which seems to be becoming Festivus Lite. ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1135188

Not paid much attention to my gallop improvers, but this one was interesting. Started off as a claimer late bloomer, year 55 become a productive peak (for a Turf router still no good), but today as become an allowance peak...
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Just galloped all my late bloomers today.
1 Freak formerly Stakes 2 year old.
a few allowance gallopers formerly solid/productive.
Overall quite happy as i am no longer running late bloomers until the peak.
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

I would not wait to race a quality horse, even if it is late bloomer. Personally you lose out on purse money and the horse also loses out on experience. Bad example 😝 here but if I waited on Jeaux to peak I would still be waiting for him to turn 4, as he is still a late bloomer.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 3 years ago I would not wait to race a quality horse, even if it is late bloomer. Personally you lose out on purse money and the horse also loses out on experience. Bad example 😝 here but if I waited on Jeaux to peak I would still be waiting for him to turn 4, as he is still a late bloomer.
:shock: :shock: :shock: seriously still too young to run better incredible :shock: :shock:

that's crazy :lol:
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Craig Mcgee wrote: 3 years ago I would not wait to race a quality horse, even if it is late bloomer. Personally you lose out on purse money and the horse also loses out on experience. Bad example 😝 here but if I waited on Jeaux to peak I would still be waiting for him to turn 4, as he is still a late bloomer.
The late bloomer/progressive/peak comment only changes if you actually gallop the horse. I was trying to figure out when you had time to regallop him and not * up a race, given how tight the QH miler schedule is, and then I saw you haven't galloped him since the beginning of Year 55. Again, that makes sense, given his schedule, but I suspect he probably isn't late bloomer any more (and that could have changed mid-year 55, beginning of 56 or this past weekend). Super nice colt.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Some of the lime, once featured on a simperior edge has improved from stakes to freak, I think what you’ll find is yearlings rarely change, 2 yo occasionally, 3 yo likely and if not now almost certain over the break

Of course this is entirely separate from the one first race hidden gem change where a claimer becomes a freak allegedly but I’ve yet to see it though I admit I’ve not been nearly as patient as mr xett