Long Island Acorn and Classic

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Long Island Acorn and Classic

Post by Stormy Peak »

Best of luck to the trainers with horses in tonight's races.

I'm really hoping, Aloft will love the mile and a half and end up with a great finish, but the talent in Dirt Routing is astounding. I've enjoyed, though, my first experience with the Triple series here. I hope I can do so again in some near future.

One thing that really still feels weird to me... is the ability to run a horse in 3 races over 4 weeks without it dropping dead from exhaustion. I should have asked before the Baltimore Crown, but decided to just run in it because I was having fun.

Would skipping the Baltimore Crowns make any difference in tiredness, given there's a longer rest between it and the Long Island Classic? Seems like the horses reset back to 'not tired' between the Derby and the Crown, so I figured it was the same between the Crown and the Classic. ??? So, running them or not between the last 2 races, wouldn't make a difference there?

I've been in the Sim for like forever it seems, and there's always something more to learn.

Anyway, again... best of luck to everyone, and I hope you are all having as much fun participating as I am having, no matter the chances of your horse winning.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Long Island Acorn and Classic

Post by The Steward »

I hope it's not tonight because if it is, I'm in a world of trouble since I'm going out ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I hope it's not tonight because if it is, I'm in a world of trouble since I'm going out ;-)
No worries, you'll be back in time to pick them up as they pass by the first mile. :)
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:shock: :shock: :shock: true I said and what happened on Thursday :P
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago I hope it's not tonight because if it is, I'm in a world of trouble since I'm going out ;-)
I've had very little sleep in the past 3 days... I don't even know what day it is :P

My well pump broke down, so no water since last Friday. I don't sleep much anyways, due to back pain, but I lost even more sleep worrying about how I'm going to pay for the repair, and even wondering if my well dried up. The people who fix well issues here get $85 an hour.

Then last night, my niece called me up around 12:30 a.m., crying and depressed, so I was on the phone with her for 2 hours.
I couldn't sleep after that, so I got out of the recliner about 4 am, and still haven't been able to get some kind of nap in.

At least the repairmen came by this morning, and I have water now. The foot valve at the bottom of the well was stuck closed....so the pump couldn't pump any water from the well.

Sorry...if I made you doubt yourself about what day it was.... :oops:

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I think, Stormy, that the tiredness from the three races combined will accumalate, making the need for a longer break after the Long Island Classic larger. It seems that many horses go from the triple to the Midsummer Classic three weeks later. I don't know whether a two weeks turnaround (even with a pet) would be advisable, or doable.
Seems like the horses reset back to 'not tired' between the Derby and the Crown
I noticed this too, but I think we are only offered a temporary safety belt to make it possible to race only seven days later again.
This comes from someone who only had to consider the Triple for the first time this year, mind.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Placed bets on Karazhan and Witted ;)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

So we're saying I need to call races tonight? ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago So we're saying I need to call races tonight? ;-)
Yep and you did a great job : )

Congratulations to Laura Ferguson and her colt, Risen Today. Her colt exited the gates hot, and ran wire to wire to win.

Risen Today

My guy Aloft, finished 4th, made some nice money too. I've been pretty happy with the Triple Crown experience...as I've never had a DR freak before and thus give these races a shot. Hopefully he will do better when the 19 mile races open up. :P

I still think the marathoners need a Hidalgo type desert race...say, 100 miles or so. 8-) That will weed out the wimps! ;)

Stormy : )

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000