The multiple advantage of having a claimer horse type

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

The multiple advantage of having a claimer horse type

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Earlier this year "no claiming" and "no barrier trial" were added as potential horse types so those races could automatically be filtered out. I as I'm sure others have taken advantage of this change and enjoyed the simplification of the entering process but what about horses that we actually want to enter in claimers? We still need to filter races for them. Wouldn't it be great if we could set them as "claiming" and only see those races. I think such a change would bring in some unforeseen benefit.

Sure most (but not all) of our big time trainers don't bother with claiming races but a lot of newer players do rely on them as they are races that it is easier to competitive horses for particularly as they time out of Trial and Junior High park or if they want to race in mixers that I believe don't' have these special tracks. While we might not know these players as well as with real life racing they are the bread and butter that help keep the game going and keeping them involved is key for the game to continue to grow and exist. Wouldn't it be great to implement a feature to make those players game play easier.

Along those lines it would give said players an added advantage of using simperior to take advantage of this feature. And let's be honest once you start simperior it's very hard to go back to life without it.

It also might help in our goal to take money out of the sim. Currently for my thoroughbred claimers I immediately select Alaska when I go to enter them as that is where most claimers are and I'm used to selecting location when entering other thoroughbreds. But what if I had a claimer horse type... entering would automatically bring up just claiming races (the majority of which are in Alaska) but with this limited number of races I might just stay there and not further select Alaska bringing claimers in other areas more to my attention causing me to potentially enter more races outside of Alaska and thus ship more with more money coming out of the game.

Just throwing that out there as something to consider when thinking of changes to make.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: The multiple advantage of having a claimer horse type

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Why can’t you just choose “claiming” under the claiming tab in the find race screen?

When I do this all i see are claim races.

Is that what you meant by we still have to filter them?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Why can’t you just choose “claiming” under the claiming tab in the find race screen?

When I do this all i see are claim races.

Is that what you meant by we still have to filter them?
I obviously can but that is what I meant by I still need to filter them. Likewise I could have in the past selected non-claiming in that tab for horses I didn't want in claimers but now there is a horse type for that so I don't need to. It would be nice to have a similar horse type for my claimers.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Thought of anoter perk. There is regular talk of how it was wished people would race more of their horses not just the top ones. This would make it that little bit easier to race those claimer types.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

I'd like to see an option to select multiple horses and then set various flags on them, similar to how you can select multiple horses to train or send to the vet.

Examples: I want to set "no barrier trials" on all my horses at once. I want to set "no claimers" on all my female horses at once. If a "claimer-only" flag existed, I'd probably use it on all my claimer/solid/productive boys to keep them from competing against my better quality horses for NW allowance race slots.

Edit: another thought while entering some races. I'd like to be able to set a "female" race flag on my female racers and then add it to _all_ my females at once. If I'm ever blessed enough to have a filly who can race with the boys, I'd turn it off for just that horse.
Last edited by Gwen Morse 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago I'd like to see an option to select multiple horses and then set various flags on them, similar to how you can select multiple horses to train or send to the vet.

Examples: I want to set "no barrier trials" on all my horses at once. I want to set "no claimers" on all my female horses at once. If a "claimer-only" flag existed, I'd probably use it on all my claimer/solid/productive boys to keep them from competing against my better quality horses for NW allowance race slots.
that would be nice
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This is up.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Wooooohooooo

Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*