Splitting Races

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Splitting Races

Post by Carole Hanson »

You guys are mad over something any of you could have joined in on. It's not like the races weren't open to everyone.

And yea nah, it wasn't that lucrative tbh. At most I made $150k which was not that incredible really.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Im just saying, the first names I see in that list are Dave Trainer, Paul Sellers, Kelly Haggerty, Nick Gilmore. Paul won 18 races that day?
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Im just saying, the first names I see in that list are Dave Trainer, Paul Sellers, Kelly Haggerty, Nick Gilmore. Paul won 18 races that day?
Yea! I won one race that day :( Stats took a tumble
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago Here's 61 (33 of the male division, 28 of the female), of a $40k purse. That's $2,440,000 in purse money, of which $2,280,000 is additional, figuring that each race normally only splits once, if that (so four normal races, 64 bonus races).

https://www.simhorseracing.com/races.ph ... wEntries=1

In my other example, 17 divisions of a $58k purses is $986,000 in purse money, of which $870,000 is bonus money, again assuming that the race is split only once.

It may not have been against the rules, but it sure doesn't leave a good taste in my mouth, and I think a number of people are feeling punished for a problem they didn't create.

I don't know how you program a race to know that it is a split race and not to split again, which is why I suggested not splitting races over a certain purse amount. That still isn't a great solution, but perhaps a more practical one.
You're right, my math was a little off. If the fix is implemented correctly, it should feel like punishment to no one, IMO.

If you can split a race with a different purse, surely you could add an asterisk to each race, and then asterisk races won't split? Something like that?
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Now to take a big sip of water and change the board of my farms to $200
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

You didn't win 2 million sim monies? You suck at crime.
;p
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Next podcast gonna be wild.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago Im just saying, the first names I see in that list are Dave Trainer, Paul Sellers, Kelly Haggerty, Nick Gilmore. Paul won 18 races that day?
You see my name once in all those races.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

(Again, kudos to Mara for having this gem in her signature)
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Punish the people who cheated the system, not the whole sim. Play stupid games, get stupid prizes. They knew what they were doing. Why make entering races harder? Some of us don’t have time to keep track to see if we were put in the cheap race and some of us rely on purses.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I mean, the idea was not stupid. But sure punish us (although we didn't break the rules), I can understand.

Although, did Alysse Peverell get punished when she stood her amazing studs Anointed and Gruffindor for $1 causing SIM wide stud limits? Did Skippy Bowen get punished when he ended up with so many Steward breds, there was a limit placed on how many you could have in a certain crop? Maybe they did, idk to be honest.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

This is the "quick fix" we are implementing until we can revamp the race splitting system. That is likely to still be a few weeks away, but like all things will come.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG