Inflation in the Sim - Suggestion to help it

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Inflation in the Sim - Suggestion to help it

Post by Art K Stables »

I don’t know, between some race splitting scheme and auction shenanigans, I’d rather think about winning with fake horses than scheming for fake money, and I guess I’m not “ of the greater sim community” who looks on unfavorably or on it.
Jennifer Blake
Classic Contender

Post by Jennifer Blake »

Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago I don’t know, between some race splitting scheme and auction shenanigans, I’d rather think about winning with fake horses than scheming for fake money, and I guess I’m not “ of the greater sim community” who looks on unfavorably or on it.
If it wasn’t for the forum I would miss out on all the juicy drama of the game! Like who knew there are race spitting schemes and money laundering In horse deals?..... I keep needing to go pop some popcorn and sit back reading comments on a daily basis in this forum. 🙃🍿 I still don’t understand how the schemes And laundering is a thing or not a thing but it’s interesting to read non the less.
Things are cray cray crazy
Meanwhile, I’m very content with my mixers at the moment even though I need to do a major mare reduction at the Sim year rollover.
As adults we need to remember to be kind even if no one sees eye to eye. We can’t all be the same height folks 😅❤️
Craig Mcgee
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Craig Mcgee »

Me thinks that was a short joke. Lol 😂 of course I am 64" tall.
I need supervision 24/7. :roll:
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

I'm not an economic, I´m an equine vet. I think Hacklu is way to cheap. And what about that nonsense about gelding being free of charge?? ;) And I do want to know what that miraculous treatment of mares to prevent death of dystochias is. Or just give a guarantee that the foal and mare is ok after foaling. And I wouldn't congratulate twin births. They usually messes up and the foals are often to weak to become good racinghorses (there are exceptions, I know). Often one or both foals die at birth or soon after due to inmaturity...
:)
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Flizan Hambletonian wrote: 3 years ago I'm not an economic, I´m an equine vet. I think Hacklu is way to cheap. And what about that nonsense about gelding being free of charge?? ;) And I do want to know what that miraculous treatment of mares to prevent death of dystochias is. Or just give a guarantee that the foal and mare is ok after foaling. And I wouldn't congratulate twin births. They usually messes up and the foals are often to weak to become good racinghorses (there are exceptions, I know). Often one or both foals die at birth or soon after due to inmaturity...
:)
My twins never become good racehorses so that is realistic anyway LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Re: Inflation in the Sim - Suggestion to help it.

Dont eat Big Macs or pizza while on the laptop or phone :shock:
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

In realities though, I think when things are created to remove money from the game.. it probably shouldn't help people that have a lot of money create more ways to have said money. Ex: If you pay $3 mil to ensure that none of your mares die at age 12-13, and they are mares that always produce top racehorses, that just ensures that more top racehorses/broodmares/studs from those mares that didn't die into the barn so they keep making money from said horses since those are the barns that have the mares that do not random slide to produce claimers, usually. They can easily make $3 mil back and then some.

I do think a lot of the 'money cheating' happens because people want to afford the top tier steward breds because why else would you need a billion dollars. So hopefully once they phase out, people will just be paying other players for top tier foals so money goes around (if people decide to sell their top tier horses that is).
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I am not an econ major and rarely do I find it interesting, but this was an interesting topic to read, and maybe if something was able to help regulate inflation situation in the SIM there wouldn't be a need for programs other than to help create new ways to spend money instead of hoarding it... eventhough hoarding it is a lot of fun too. ;)
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I mentioned this once before....but to help take a little money out of the Sim... why not make it a voluntary thing before resorting to something like taxes.

Set it up where people can donate 1% up to 10% of their winnings or even total earnings for each race day. The money goes into a 'pot' and come Festivus...we have a bonfire...(the computer deletes the amount from the game). There could even be one of those silly thermometers that show how much is being added to the pot as the season rolls on. No one would be forced to participate.

I think it would be an interesting experiment just to see how much money could be removed that way from the Sim. It might not solve the inflation issue, but if money keeps being generated with no where to go...why not just burn some of it...lol

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I will be the holder of all this money we have to burn
;p
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago I mentioned this once before....but to help take a little money out of the Sim... why not make it a voluntary thing before resorting to something like taxes.

Set it up where people can donate 1% up to 10% of their winnings or even total earnings for each race day. The money goes into a 'pot' and come Festivus...we have a bonfire...(the computer deletes the amount from the game). There could even be one of those silly thermometers that show how much is being added to the pot as the season rolls on. No one would be forced to participate.

I think it would be an interesting experiment just to see how much money could be removed that way from the Sim. It might not solve the inflation issue, but if money keeps being generated with no where to go...why not just burn some of it...lol

Stormy
I can't imagine who wouldn't want to donate their money to the oblivion fund.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Since stew breds have not yet left this world and will continue to be bred for seasons to come due to the slow phase out, I have noticed that the smaller auctions spread out throughout the season have pulled larger amounts out of the game versus the very large auctions all being completed within a 2 week span.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kaine Saracen
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kaine Saracen »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago I do think a lot of the 'money cheating' happens because people want to afford the top tier steward breds because why else would you need a billion dollars. So hopefully once they phase out, people will just be paying other players for top tier foals so money goes around (if people decide to sell their top tier horses that is).

This is problematic within itself. At the time of steward bred ownership limits (circumvented by the partnership system that was implemented under the "If they going to do break the rules we may as well make money off it" phase), at least one player turned down an option to sell a stakes mare based on the argument that they just didn't need more money cause there were no stewbreds to be bought.

People are not going to sell top tier horses if they have no where to redivert the funds with an option to an upgrade. The majority of top end players have stables exceeding 400 horses, also in the majority is the fact that they mostly trade their best stock in that same majority and don't in fact sell their best. No horse limits means no need to move on a potential star if you've a muli million dollar account and a farm to hold them.

The only thing usually sold from those same stables are allowance and worse cause even a stakes is struggling in most divisions now and the mares they sell or lease are invariably failed producers regardless of the advertised "blue hen" status