SIM urban myths ?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM urban myths ?

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Debuting horses in stakes races as two year olds is not unusual. I regularly debut freak two year olds in stakes. That said, I practically never debut later maturers (at age 3 or 4) in stakes. Except that one time I did. Find a light field and go for it.

I swear that track conditions are a bigger thing. All of my horses that, for example, love dry always laid an egg on an off track. I avoid off tracks with those that "like" or "love" dry.

Also, can confirm the favorite horse post thing. Every. Single. Time. I am no longer making new threads there ever again!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
I can confirm...
As annoying as that is, your horse wasn't named prior, which means you had to give it a name, haha. While I commited the sin of actually renaming a horse :?
Whoops! You’re right! I thought she was the filly formerly know as Night Ride, didn’t even double check, twas this girl! I also renamed this boy...

I only have one other raced stewie who came named, curse or not? I am on the side of curse! I haven’t renamed my yearling, and I won’t be😂
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Dom Behan wrote: 3 years ago
Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago
Laura Smith wrote: 3 years agoI also remember the Steward saying that the weather effect is equal to the jockey effect, which I believe is a maximum of 0.2 points.
Whoa. Never heard that one. Noted.
So we have five weather bands, pay $1000 per horse and it gives little or nothing ? :roll:
It can make the difference in a photo finish, but a good horse can win big races on a surface the horse doesn't care for. For example, Risen Today, who won the Long Island Classic on a muddy track, loves dry. I've had other horses win Steward's Cup races on less than optimal surfaces. Honestly, I find the weather most helpful when I'm trying to decide between two different races for a horse, or where to debut a horse. I'm cheap about a lot of things - I rarely pay for soundness, for example, but weather is one of the things I check on a lot of my horses.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I can confirm...
As annoying as that is, your horse wasn't named prior, which means you had to give it a name, haha. While I commited the sin of actually renaming a horse :?
Whoops! You’re right! I thought she was the filly formerly know as Night Ride, didn’t even double check, twas this girl! I also renamed this boy...

I only have one other raced stewie who came named, curse or not? I am on the side of curse! I haven’t renamed my yearling, and I won’t be😂
Seems you have a few sins Rochelle! Me too! Lol
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Watch out for Laura if you live in Louisiana or Texas , not a myth
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago Watch out for Laura if you live in Louisiana or Texas , not a myth
This made me snort laugh
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago Watch out for Laura if you live in Louisiana or Texas , not a myth
She is scaring the you know what out of me. God help those in the path who did not clear out of the low areas. I am hoping we are on the fringes, here is Brazoria County, TX. Thoughts and prayers out to all of you In Louisiana. This storm is a bad one. :(
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago

Seems you have a few sins Rochelle! Me too! Lol
Omg! I completely forgot about changing his name too 😂 MORE PROOF!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt