Questions about gallop changes year 57

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Questions about gallop changes year 57

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Obviously gallops don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things but they are kind of fun and as there will be a threshold change myself and I’m sure at least some others have questions.

First of all, will we have to regallop our horses or will the change be automatic? It seems like it would make way more sense to have it be automatic to keep stallion numbers in check.

Secondly, will chasers/harness horses also be seeing this change or will they remain the same?

Thirdly(?), will all thoroughbred divisions see the same change or is there someway to separate it? I only ask because most all weather divisions will probably lose most of their freaks and many legitimate stakes gallops will likely lose their stakes comment. Not that it really matters, just curious.

Finally, will their also be a speed figures adjust in chase, harness, and maybe even normal thoroughbreds?
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: Questions about gallop changes year 57

Post by Carole Hanson »

These are all very good questions! I’d also like to say that I too would love for the threshold changes to show automatically rather than having to regallop, just this one time please.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'd rather the change not be automatic, or if it is automatic, that it doesn't apply to/affect retired horses. That's what happened the last time a change was done to the trotters/pacers and it really messed things up for a while (example - 9 year old retired champion had gallop adjusted to solid).
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

There must be a way for gallops to be adjusted to only unretired horses.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago I'd rather the change not be automatic, or if it is automatic, that it doesn't apply to/affect retired horses. That's what happened the last time a change was done to the trotters/pacers and it really messed things up for a while (example - 9 year old retired champion had gallop adjusted to solid).
Seems like the change would have to reflect what they were last galloped at rather than what they currently would be. Which I believe is what happened with mixers when it happened around 3 years ago?
yeah
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago I'd rather the change not be automatic, or if it is automatic, that it doesn't apply to/affect retired horses. That's what happened the last time a change was done to the trotters/pacers and it really messed things up for a while (example - 9 year old retired champion had gallop adjusted to solid).
Seems like the change would have to reflect what they were last galloped at rather than what they currently would be. Which I believe is what happened with mixers when it happened around 3 years ago?
Pretty sure it reflected their current level. I think the fix with the retirees ultimately got them to where they last galloped, but the older retired horses, and the older broodmares/sires, were really screwed up stat-wise for a while.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The sim could behind the scenes run an update overnight and gallop every horse in training across the entire sim.
When I say behind the scene I mean the game would cause this to happen on it's own and it would not affect a horse's tiredness as it would be a special adjustment programmed by admin to take place for the changes.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

hmmm...I like the mystery. Makes it far more interesting when bargain-hunting.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Did I miss a forum thread or announcement somewhere? What’s the change?
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Did I miss a forum thread or announcement somewhere? What’s the change?
I think it was first announced by the Steward in the Morning line podcast there will be a threshold change for the gallops next year (so that fewer things will be called "freaks" etc).
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago Did I miss a forum thread or announcement somewhere? What’s the change?
I think it was first announced by the Steward in the Morning line podcast there will be a threshold change for the gallops next year (so that fewer things will be called "freaks" etc).
Would be nice to have an announcement on the home page. Not everyone looks at the forum or listens to podcasts.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago
Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago
Would be nice to have an announcement on the home page. Not everyone looks at the forum or listens to podcasts.
I’m sure there will be an announcement closer to the time
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

Have i got to get worried about my next seasons HOPE .becoming a claimer
www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1238875
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Have i got to get worried about my next seasons HOPE .becoming a claimer
www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1238875
Nice. Probably not! ;)
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago The sim could behind the scenes run an update overnight and gallop every horse in training across the entire sim.
When I say behind the scene I mean the game would cause this to happen on it's own and it would not affect a horse's tiredness as it would be a special adjustment programmed by admin to take place for the changes.
I like this, think it would be the best solution. We'll see...
Nashville Stud
Kacchan | TM | $3,500