Questions about gallop changes year 57

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Questions about gallop changes year 57

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago Have i got to get worried about my next seasons HOPE .becoming a claimer
www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=1238875
If that’s your hope you should probably insure it 😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I want to do what Dash did Rochelle .....next year lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago I want to do what Dash did Rochelle .....next year lol
Fingers crossed for you! Should still probably insure her though haha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I'd be interested in the affect galloping all non-retired horses would have on stallion statistics. I know this is extreme but if a stallion has 100 offspring and their initial gallop comments are:
Claimer 20
Solid 20
Productive 20
Allowance 15
Stakes 15
Freak 5
Chase Different Career 5

If no one ever does another gallop this stallion looks very good. Let's say all 100 race until 9 years old. At 2, 20 owners gallop their horses and there are no changes but if all 100 were galloped there are 15 that gallop better, the stallion looks even better. At 9 all 5 freaks are galloped and all gallop less than freak, now when we look back at the stallion production he doesn't look so good, hmmmm no freaks.

I think I would like a yearly automatic update of all non-retired horses and have the stallion numbers show best gallop not current gallop for each of his off-spring.
*Sugar Bottom Stable
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

As gallop comments are a few weeks into the new season for yearlings, would a peak yearling be worthless, or as it no bering on the matter.?

A noviice question.
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago As gallop comments are a few weeks into the new season for yearlings, would a peak yearling be worthless, or as it no bering on the matter.?

A noviice question.
Horses can improve during or after their first starts, so an unraced "peak" horse has that chance.
Also, there's some ambiguity in the language used by the trainer, right? "Even I can't always predict the future." I don't think that's in there for no reason. ;) I have a feeling that random improvements might still be possible even for peak horses.

Basically, I personally don't discard any yearling as totally worthless unless it's a DC with no pedigree. But everyone runs their barns differently!
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 3 years ago At 9 all 5 freaks are galloped and all gallop less than freak, now when we look back at the stallion production he doesn't look so good, hmmmm no freaks.
This is always tough. I recently galloped a freak by a well known sire, and he galloped Allowance. It took that sire out of the top 3 on the StudBook freak % page, I felt awful.
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy