improving question.

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Re: improving question.

Post by Tim Matthews »

There's only one "peak" comment: "This horse looks to be about at their peak, but even I can’t always predict the future!"

But it would be nice if there was a past peak comment
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Don’t be picking on stormy peak about peaks.
;p
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

The information about the peak comment is good, thanks.
But I am still more interested If others have had a horse Jump up Like Twice in the span of 2 weeks.

Sorry for the weird capitalized words in the sentences. I'm using voice to text on my kindle as I am in my recliner rather than at my computer and I don't want to edit all the capitalization's Out of the words, In this post as it would be rather difficult.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago The information about the peak comment is good, thanks.
But I am still more interested If others have had a horse Jump up Like Twice in the span of 2 weeks.

Sorry for the weird capitalized words in the sentences. I'm using voice to text on my kindle as I am in my recliner rather than at my computer and I don't want to edit all the capitalization's Out of the words, In this post as it would be rather difficult.

Stormy
Here's my understanding: There are 3 ways a horse can jump in ability: programmed, random, and at their first race.

A programmed jump is genetic and happens at one of the specified gallop change times (preseason or week 9). This type of jump corresponds to the "improve" comment (peak, late bloomer, or progressive indicates something about whether the horse has a programmed jump in the future.)

A random jump also occurs at either the preseason or week 9. But it's not genetic, it's random, so it doesn't have anything to do with the improve comment. That's why horses at "peak" can sometimes jump up in ability.

The sacred first race jump, which is what your horse experienced Stormy (in addition to what looks like a programmed jump), occurs at a horse's first start, but sometimes it shows up in the second start. A horse at "peak" can still experience a first race jump, as is the case with some of the horses in this thread.

Hope this clears it up a bit. If i'm wrong I hope someone will correct me.
Got bombed, got frozen
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Tim Matthews wrote: 3 years ago The sacred first race jump [...] occurs at a horse's first start, but sometimes it shows up in the second start.
Great explanation, your whole post. Thank you! But what is up with the "sometimes"? Could it be that some horses aren't really showing great SF in their first race but have still improved, or is there any indication there are "first time" and "after first time" improvers? Would be interesting to know what to look for. :?: (And also if any one else has more examples of double improvers for Stormy of course, seems only reasonable there would be a bunch of those.)
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago
Tim Matthews wrote: 3 years ago The sacred first race jump [...] occurs at a horse's first start, but sometimes it shows up in the second start.
Great explanation, your whole post. Thank you! But what is up with the "sometimes"? Could it be that some horses aren't really showing great SF in their first race but have still improved, or is there any indication there are "first time" and "after first time" improvers? Would be interesting to know what to look for. :?: (And also if any one else has more examples of double improvers for Stormy of course, seems only reasonable there would be a bunch of those.)
Going off what Em has said publicly, the jump *happens* at the first start, but may not be expressed until the next start. So what you said above (in bold) would be correct.

No examples come immediately to mind, but I know I've seen them. (First race jump has never happened to me personally :evil: )

Edit: btw this is the post I'm referring to here. viewtopic.php?p=341205#p341205
Got bombed, got frozen
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Tim Matthews wrote: 3 years ago
Ma Springs wrote: 3 years ago
Going off what Em has said publicly, the jump *happens* at the first start, but may not be expressed until the next start. So what you said above (in bold) would be correct.

No examples come immediately to mind, but I know I've seen them. (First race jump has never happened to me personally :evil: )

Edit: btw this is the post I'm referring to here. viewtopic.php?p=341205#p341205
Perfect, thanks! We'll go with "sometimes" then. :lol: I'll be happy when it happens...
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500