Why do foals exist?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Re: Why do foals exist?

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

I am breeding turf routers and steeplechasers, am new, and am not phased by the wait. I have 34 purchased yearlings that I am practicing on, so its just not a big deal.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I also see no need, and have no desire, to go back to foals-born-as-yearlings. Then again, I also remember when you had no idea how good a horse was until it raced. ;)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Richard Diemand
Sprinter

Post by Richard Diemand »

NO
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Seems the ‘nos’ have it, lol. Sorry Danny, I have to agree with them.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago
The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Not gonna happen.
Not even something worth considering? Would make the game about 10000x more friendly to new players as well.
As a very new player I don't think it should happen. The different experience levels for players pace things out very well and being able to start breeding in your first season is good enough. This gives you your second season to practice training your homebreds, and by season three you're (hopefully) ready to race them.

Having Arabians born as yearlings might be worthwhile to look at, so they could race at 3 but after 2 sim seasons like other breeds, but that would more be something for those owners to consider.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 3 years ago Seems the ‘nos’ have it, lol. Sorry Danny, I have to agree with them.
Yeah yeah. I still think everyone else is wrong and they'd actually love getting their foals on track eons sooner if this was somehow the normal. People are just adverse to change and focused on how difficult it would be to implement. They nays have it, let this thread die already lol.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years agoYeah yeah. I still think everyone else is wrong and they'd actually love getting their foals on track eons sooner if this was somehow the normal. People are just adverse to change and focused on how difficult it would be to implement. They nays have it, let this thread die already lol.
As a very stubborn human being, this made me laugh.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Yeah yeah. I still think everyone else is wrong and they'd actually love getting their foals on track eons sooner if this was somehow the normal. People are just adverse to change and focused on how difficult it would be to implement. They nays have it, let this thread die already lol.
I would enjoy getting my homebred foals on the track sooner rather than later. It wouldn't even be a hard change to program - whatever function sets birthing age to foal (0) would be set to yearling (1) instead.

I just don't think it's needed for new players. I'd much rather see the novice period extended so new players would get two shots at the Trial Park Cup races.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
I just don't think it's needed for new players. I'd much rather see the novice period extended so new players would get two shots at the Trial Park Cup races.
Trial Park Cup isn’t a yearly thing anyways, you could certainly sponsor a similar thing at Junior High and have your second chance.
yeah
Mara Jade Vess
Miler

Post by Mara Jade Vess »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago
Gwen Morse wrote: 3 years ago
Trial Park Cup isn’t a yearly thing anyways, you could certainly sponsor a similar thing at Junior High and have your second chance.
Agreed. Pitting players who only have a handful of weeks of experience, are still learning the game and likely don't have the nice lease horses against players who are in their second year and could very well have a freak leased to them is really not a good introduction to stakes company. Plus, the Trial Park Cup is player-sponsored and not a guarantee to happen anyway – it wasn't available for me when I started.

Sorry for derailing your thread Danny
At Stud
Chuck Tingle – DR
$7,500
Dream All Day – DR
$12,500

Coming Soon
Y59: Sunrise inthe Dawn – AWR
Y60: Faded Memory – DR

A Complete Historical Guide to the Louisville Derby
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

This just reminds me how I never had a Junior Prom :( Opening old wounds LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Foals exist because they are SUPER cute!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

In real life does mumma mare spit out a 2yo
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Nena Olson wrote: 3 years ago This just reminds me how I never had a Junior Prom :( Opening old wounds LOL
You have a lot of company in 2020. Nobody got prom. For that matter I went to a school where dancing was one of many activities that would get you expelled, along with listening to rock music, going to movies, or playing cards :o. Needless to say I didn't get prom either, but then we saved so much on dresses.