Reminders Feature

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Reminders Feature

Post by The Steward »

We were talking about the reminders feature suggested in the One Small Thing thread. At first we were going to just implement our spin on this, but then got to talking about how/why this is used. Since you can already set training in the future, is it

--As simple as "Remember to enter my horses!"
--As hard as, "I need recurring, every 2 weeks, note to myself to XYZ"

What would this actually be used for, and can instead of a reminder system, there be a way to set things in the future, etc. Discuss.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Re: Reminders Feature

Post by Darcy McBride »

For me, personally, I don't think I would use it either way. However, for folk running large stables, it might be something they would find useful.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I would definitely use it to remind myself to nominate my horse, as well as enter my horses lol
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I could definitely see it beign useful for nominating horses. I know there are messages on the front page but I often don't notice them and before I know it nomination time has passed.

I could also see a recurring reminder being helpful to remind me each week to setup the next week of training.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I think its more for nominating for big events like the SC.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I’m the one that recommended it and for me it was for things like checking a race to see how difficult it comes up so I can scratch if needed or remembering to bid in an auction at the last minute. Not sure how useful it would be, seems like many people wouldn’t use it but that’s just how i would use it.
yeah
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I would use it for stuff like:

“Nominate this horse to this race”
“Lease this horse to this person”
“Bid on this auction when it opens”
“Enter this horse in this specific race”
“Check entries for this race/race day”

If I think of anymore I’ll add them. I think the best way to do this would be to be able to set a reminder note that will appear either on just the front page or all your pages (you can toggle this in settings) and you can set it to appear for 24 hours, for an amount of days, an amount of weeks etc. The note would be editable so that you can write on it whatever it is you need to remind yourself of.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’d use it for:
Entering - I nearly forget my 2yo routers every. single. season
Training - I forget my yearlings exist quite often
Breeding - reminders that I want to use certain stallions
Leasing - reminders that I’ve arranged a deal or that the 1st foal if a filly I bred from a lease has to go to the player I leased from
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Erin Erskine
Miler

Post by Erin Erskine »

I think of it were to be added, I would probably use it for...
- Nominating horses
- Scheduling yearling workouts (I always forget to reschedule after they do their three weeks of work)
- Entering horses, mostly in a situation that they're getting a break greater than 2wks between races
- Shipping, as I enter up to two weeks ahead of time

I don't think I would use reminders for breeding horses as I frequently check the "bookings" section

Although I'm not sure if it's an addition I would pay GPs or a large amount of sim money on
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Uhhhh please do this! lol I forget any number of things like nominating to SC/Most American, schedule or work yearlings so they are fit when the year turns over!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago I think its more for nominating for big events like the SC.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

So far I'm hearing that when it's nomination week, you want every page to light up with NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE!!!!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

But then scary people would actually remember to nominate 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago So far I'm hearing that when it's nomination week, you want every page to light up with NOMINATE! NOMINATE! NOMINATE!!!!!!
No, I want an email that tells me to nominate as I check that daily, the SIM not so much :lol:
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I actually wouldn't mind something like a sidebar that allows for notifications and maybe other options that players want to use it for. I for one would love to have a notepad that is just there instead of having to remember to write notes for each horse because I forget with the 100 other things going on inside my head. Plus I always forget we have that obscure notes page. Then maybe have a mini-calendar on it that shows the different events going on. Just ideas that I've had in my head.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON