Spending going going gone

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: Spending going going gone

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago A newer player cannot think outside the box ??
You are going pretty far outside the box if you think this thing will make you anything close to 100K haha
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1055593
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Jack Meyer wrote: 3 years ago I just saw others bidding on that horse that was sold to the current owner who seems to be refunding a quarter or a third of the money spent back to the player who sold it for horses that are in no way worth 4 million bucks....or the 100k that they were sold for...just odd looking at it....it seems the winner of the horse shot up the price in order to secure the horse and is giving back the money, or portion of it, to the one whom sold it....I may be looking into too much, just looked weird to me
Bingo. my thoughts exactly Jack. And this is not really breaking the rules, but it's a little shady. Almost like those race splits.
There was definitely a reaction to that nonsense.
It is a bit shady, and not fair to the other players who were bidding in that auction :/
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago Can someone enlighten me on what rules are being broken here?? I'm trying to find out but I'm not seeing anything clearly. Thanks!
Doesn't look like any rules were broken. Just smells of a fishy deal where a more experienced player completely fleeces a newer player on one of the stranger types of deals the sim has seen since I've been here. I just don't get all of the theatrics involved. Paying GP to do the auction, including other horses, then the weird deals under the table. Seems like the deal could have just been a straight trade rather than huge amounts of money changing hands. The whole story just doesn't line up and is weird. I just think people are concerned about how the game is being played by some and who is getting taken advantage of. But no rules broken so far as I can tell either.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

I will say I believe the deal is not in the spirit of the game.
Last edited by Jack Ryder 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I AM not biting about your area 51 stuff. but IF Pete can match a 4,000, 000 offer that suits me .....i will take it
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago I AM not biting about your area 51 stuff. but IF Pete can match a 4,000, 000 offer that suits me .....i will take it
i wouldn't pay you 100K for the whole lot those garbage trotters. good luck frank. hope you are happy with your 5yo claimer racing geldings.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I will make a fist out of it lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago I AM not biting about your area 51 stuff. but IF Pete can match a 4,000, 000 offer that suits me .....i will take it
i wouldn't pay you 100K for the whole lot those garbage trotters. good luck frank. hope you are happy with your 5yo claimer racing geldings.
Beat it Pete......Walk the walk........3,000,000 on offer
Polk Buffalo
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Polk Buffalo »

It happens to me every week16 Craig.
I think I have saved enough money, then there is a must buy auction, then I need to breed those mares I bought and suddenly I am broke again.
I miss those 1k back for gelding horses. That saved me a few times.

Sorry for hijacking this thread back to its original question ;)
Polk Buffalo Stallions
Yoboki Arabian Router 40k
Blue Daub Adee Appy Mid 20k

and many more...
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

While this is not against the rules clearly the greater SIM community is not a fan of what is happening. It goes back to race splitting which yes, I was a part of. Instead of altering the rules to make more sense the issue was largely ignored and a good part of the sim community was left unhappy.
yeah
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago
Beat it Pete......Walk the walk........3,000,000 on offer

sorry, you can't tell me to beat it. I'm here to stay. Do what makes you happy. if gelding trotters is your game so be it.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

O K guys i get it........be a new player, so we can all show our love and help you with our horses ,do not dare to improve lol lol
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago O K guys i get it........be a new player, so we can all show our love and help you with our horses ,do not dare to improve lol lol
yeah
Durzo Blint
Turf Router

Post by Durzo Blint »

Some people may have made decisions in order to give themselves the best option to win that auction. Now that person has lost and those decisions were all for naught. That is obviously the risk, however, when it appears the auction was won based on a kick back side deal that inappropriately increased the auction price, well that’s a little harder to take.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago While this is not against the rules clearly the greater SIM community is not a fan of what is happening. It goes back to race splitting which yes, I was a part of. Instead of altering the rules to make more sense the issue was largely ignored and a good part of the sim community was left unhappy.
The issue of race splitting is not being ignored at all. The rules were altered until a better, longterm solution can be coded, which was explicitly stated when the short-term fix was implemented. How is that ignoring the problem?
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG